Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AIG - may become the poster child for greed

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rescued by a Bailout, A.I.G. May Sue Its Savior

"Fresh from paying back a $182 billion bailout, the American International Group Inc. has been running a nationwide advertising campaign with the tagline “Thank you America.”

Behind the scenes, the restored insurance company is weighing whether to tell the government agencies that rescued it during the financial crisis: thanks, but you cheated our shareholders.

The board of A.I.G. will meet on Wednesday to consider joining a $25 billion shareholder lawsuit against the government, court records show. The lawsuit does not argue that government help was not needed. It contends that the onerous nature of the rescue — the taking of what became a 92 percent stake in the company, the deal’s high interest rates and the funneling of billions to the insurer’s Wall Street clients — deprived shareholders of tens of billions of dollars and violated the Fifth Amendment, which prohibits the taking of private property for “public use, without just compensation.”

Rest of the story:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/rescued-by-a-bailout-a-i-g-may-sue-its-savior/

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:Rescued by a Bailout, A.I.G. May Sue Its Savior

"Fresh from paying back a $182 billion bailout, the American International Group Inc. has been running a nationwide advertising campaign with the tagline “Thank you America.”

Behind the scenes, the restored insurance company is weighing whether to tell the government agencies that rescued it during the financial crisis: thanks, but you cheated our shareholders.

The board of A.I.G. will meet on Wednesday to consider joining a $25 billion shareholder lawsuit against the government, court records show. The lawsuit does not argue that government help was not needed. It contends that the onerous nature of the rescue — the taking of what became a 92 percent stake in the company, the deal’s high interest rates and the funneling of billions to the insurer’s Wall Street clients — deprived shareholders of tens of billions of dollars and violated the Fifth Amendment, which prohibits the taking of private property for “public use, without just compensation.”

Rest of the story:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/rescued-by-a-bailout-a-i-g-may-sue-its-savior/

Shut up, commie.

The invisible hand is at work here.

This is precisely how our modern day laissez faire capitalism is designed to function.

Welcome to the new and improved Gilded Age.

You can just get used to it until people get fed up enough to overthrow the system and replace it with one that prioritizes long-term stability over short-term profits and real wage growth for workers over shareholder returns.

AIG - may become the poster child for greed Mr-monopoly

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/18/aig.bonuses.congress/

Margin Call

Margin Call

Can we arrest Joe Cassano first?

nochain wrote:Rescued by a Bailout, A.I.G. May Sue Its Savior

Rest of the story:

When AIG bought out my 403b plan from Valic, it went nearly into the tank losing 65% of its value. Valic now has control of it again and at least it is stabilized.

NaNook

NaNook

The government can not ignore established laws. GM is a classic example. The investors were screwed. The UAW is 50 Billion dollars ahead at the expense of TAXPAYERS.

PLUS, the sweet accounting deal.

GM no taxes for 10 years. Notice the average GM bonus in 2012? $8,000.00 per employee. Where is our $50,000,000,000.00 of taxpayer money???????

Get it, yet?????

The real people with their money invested were screwed. You know people saving for a future.

I'll never buy a GM product , period.

polecat

polecat

But nanook GM is a JOB CREATOR... LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum