Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gotta love some of these e- mails I receive

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

A View

For your information.... Please read this one.

Received this from a friend who had this experience. {:>

This is really true. Several Dr.s have asked if I have a gun and am I depressed. I didn't think about it at the time. Be careful what you say and to whom..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things are changing: As was promised. in 2008.

Do you have a gun in the house? Do You Own A Gun?

GOOD TO KNOW! When I spent 10 days in the hospital for what should have been an overnight stay the insurance company kicked me out. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them.
So the below has some merit.

For Your Information, I am passing this along... There are comments from two other people who were also asked if they keep guns in the house. The nurse just kinda slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask.
Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't. My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, I answered yes to both questions Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to
my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland
Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and
probably everyone else. Just passing this along for your information:

I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation.. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your damn business!!

So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention.
Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!
Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners... Thanks, from a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions: 1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone? The nurse then informed me that if I had answered yes to any of the questions I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next.

Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner, veteran or not, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.

The government is coming for us, one gun at a time, one law at a time. So unless you're an ostrich, do not stick your head in the sand.

************************************************************************************
1 %! (read the last sentence)...

This just about says it all.
"Where can I get my pistol engraved like this?"
A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter
recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you
carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his
wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting
trouble?' He promptly replied, 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would
have brought my shotgun.'
Beware the man who only carries one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
But wait, there's more!
I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did.
She said, 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, "Of course
it is loaded, it can't work without bullets!" She then asked, "Are you that
afraid of someone evil coming into your house?" My reply was, "No not at all. I
am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers
around, and they are all loaded too."
HAVE A NICE DAY But don't Monkey with Me...
And Remember?
I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!

Drs asking this question is accurate.

The rest doesnt surprise me.

Last time I went to a doctor, he ask me the same question and I responded that no I don't have a gun at home, I have it on me right now. He was not too pleased with that answer.

Watcher

Watcher

False.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/medicare.asp

Telstar likes this post

Watcher wrote:False.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/medicare.asp

snopes can call it false all day long.

I have been ask that at least 3-4 times in the past few years.

and most of the time it was during a visit for one of my children.

They do ask that question if you have guns in the house. I cant say if its at all places, but I know for a fact like i said because I have been ask in pcola at my grandsons dr and down here at a couple of places. Over in Miami to once.

I told the truth at the office in pcola when i took my grandson to the doc and they made me fill out a gun/house safty questionaire. after that i dont tell the truth anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum