Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINALLY Speaker Boehner said it RIGHT!.....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

In a conversation outside the Oval Office...Speaker Boehner responded to Sen Reid face to face after a day earlier Reid accused Boehner of running a dictatorship in the House...Boehner approached Reid and said "Go ____ yourself"...When Reid asked what are you talking about the Speaker repeated the comment...Guess some people take get a little ticked when being compared to a dictator...at least Boehner had the intestinal fortitude to say it to Reid's face and not through the media...

newswatcher wrote: In a conversation outside the Oval Office...Speaker Boehner responded to Sen Reid face to face after a day earlier Reid accused Boehner of running a dictatorship in the House...Boehner approached Reid and said "Go ____ yourself"...When Reid asked what are you talking about the Speaker repeated the comment...Guess some people take get a little ticked when being compared to a dictator...at least Boehner had the intestinal fortitude to say it to Reid's face and not through the media...

But therein lies the problem with this Congress. Both sides are equally culpable in this fiasco.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote: In a conversation outside the Oval Office...Speaker Boehner responded to Sen Reid face to face after a day earlier Reid accused Boehner of running a dictatorship in the House...Boehner approached Reid and said "Go ____ yourself"...When Reid asked what are you talking about the Speaker repeated the comment...Guess some people take get a little ticked when being compared to a dictator...at least Boehner had the intestinal fortitude to say it to Reid's face and not through the media...

But therein lies the problem with this Congress. Both sides are equally culpable in this fiasco.

Just on the face of things...(and not a Boehner supporter either)...during the last four years how many bills were passed in the House and sent to the Senate only to have the be announced as "DOA" by one person?...How many pieces of legislation were killed in the Senate and a vote was denied?...If this was done by ONE (Senate Maj Leader Reid) then perhaps he shouldn't be calling others out about running a "dictatorship"...The Senate did nothing for four years and that's under the lack of leadership of Reid...Further, there are several articles suggesting that Boehner may be out as speaker for similar reasons too bad the democrats won't oust Reid from his leadership position...

newswatcher wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Just on the face of things...(and not a Boehner supporter either)...during the last four years how many bills were passed in the House and sent to the Senate only to have the be announced as "DOA" by one person?...How many pieces of legislation were killed in the Senate and a vote was denied?...If this was done by ONE (Senate Maj Leader Reid) then perhaps he shouldn't be calling others out about running a "dictatorship"...The Senate did nothing for four years and that's under the lack of leadership of Reid...Further, there are several articles suggesting that Boehner may be out as speaker for similar reasons too bad the democrats won't oust Reid from his leadership position...

We should just oust them all.

Sal

Sal

Let me explain what happened.

The GOP has been splintered, and their leader was forced to take the minority position within his own party and then forced to ram it down the throats of his base.

The House of Representatives just passed a bill that the majority of the majority party opposed. Ordinarily, such votes are not even allowed to happen. This is the first time that Republicans have voted for tax increases since they helped Poppy Bush violate his "Read My Lips" pledge over twenty years ago. The Republicans also voted for stimulative tax credits and an extension of unemployment insurance, in violation of their anti-Keynesian economics absolutism.

Speaker Boehner has just overseen a complete capitulation by the GOP, and President Obama has made it clear that the haircuts for the rich are just beginning.

Forgive the Weeper of the House if he sounds a little butthurt.

FINALLY Speaker Boehner said it RIGHT!..... R-JOHN-BOEHNER-CRIES-NASA-large570

[quote="Ghost_Rider1"]
newswatcher wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

We should just oust them all.[/quot

Really tired of the career politicians that have become so out of touch and are only concerned about keeping their jobs and making sure they pad their retirements...before anyone gets their drawers in a wad--BOTH PARTIES have examples of this...

VectorMan

VectorMan

House Speaker John Boehner couldn’t hold back when he spotted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the White House lobby last Friday.
It was only a few days before the nation would go over the fiscal cliff, no bipartisan agreement was in sight, and Reid had just publicly accused Boehner of running a “dictatorship” in the House and caring more about holding onto his gavel than striking a deal.

“Go f— yourself,” Boehner sniped as he pointed his finger at Reid, according to multiple sources present.

Reid, a bit startled, replied: “What are you talking about?”

Boehner repeated: “Go f— yourself.”

The harsh exchange just a few steps from the Oval Office — which Boehner later bragged about to fellow Republicans — was only one episode in nearly two months of high-stakes negotiations laced with distrust, miscommunication, false starts and yelling matches as Washington struggled to ward off $500 billion in tax hikes and spending cuts.

Boehner should've smacked him in the back of the head at the same time. LOL

[quote="newswatcher"]
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

We should just oust them all.[/quot

Really tired of the career politicians that have become so out of touch and are only concerned about keeping their jobs and making sure they pad their retirements...before anyone gets their drawers in a wad--BOTH PARTIES have examples of this...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I hear ya brother.

I'm really tired of the career jarheads that have become so out of touch and are only concerned about keeping their jobs and making sure they pad their retirements...before anyone gets their drawers in a wad--ALL DOD DO IT-- have examples of this...

I'm LMAO at all the repugs! I hope Boehner goes home and cries in his beer all night. They got effed and deserved every bit of it. I'm sure Obama is laughing his ass off too.Ahhh-life is sweet!

I don't see it that way.

Nobody won, and everybody lost.

Not exactly our Republic's finest hour.

W_T_M wrote:I don't see it that way.

How do you figure nobody won?

[quote="Dreamsglore"]

How do you figure nobody won?[/quot

"They got effed"...What more really has to be explained about the lack of intelligence as indicated in this statement...Taxes are UP for every working class citizen...NO WE ARE GETTING EFFED...The campaign rhetoric was that taxes were going to be cut for 95%....and there are/were some that bought into this...Citizens are being taxed and yet....government workers and Congress have received a PAY RAISE and have retirement benefits and perks on top of their bloated salaries...Look at the roster of Congress and check out their values....and yet some were complaining about the evil greedy corporate monsters living above their means and YET we elect and re-elect the same people that some complain about to run our nation and make laws!...AGAIN...this is not limited to one party or the other...This isn't a game were one side can say "we won" and that's the stupidity of thinking that's gotten us into this mess...Oh, yeah someone's getting "effed"....the same people that every election cycle the politicans champion and promise to protect...the working middle class and yet the same working class somehow continues to buy into the rhetoric...

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm LMAO at all the repugs! I hope Boehner goes home and cries in his beer all night. They got effed and deserved every bit of it. I'm sure Obama is laughing his ass off too.Ahhh-life is sweet!

You may as well laugh out the other side of your mouth also as this is the fault of both sides of the aisle. One side did not do it alone. No spending cuts were addressed. Social Security withholding goes up from 4.2% to 6.2% for everybody paying into SS. This bill has some affect on every tax paying person in some shape or form.

Your hatred for the Republican Party has you so blinded that you cannot even see that this is the result of both side of the aisle. Congress could have handed the President everything that he asked for and you would still see fault with the Republicans.

Next comes the debate on the debt ceiling to which Obama is adamant about not raising, but what does he propose when we default on our loans? I see more bickering between the children of Congress and the child in the WH.

The US is currently on a slippery slope and there is no one there to catch us when we fall.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
You may as well laugh out the other side of your mouth also as this is the fault of both sides of the aisle. One side did not do it alone. No spending cuts were addressed. Social Security withholding goes up from 4.2% to 6.2% for everybody paying into SS. This bill has some affect on every tax paying person in some shape or form.

Your hatred for the Republican Party has you so blinded that you cannot even see that this is the result of both side of the aisle. Congress could have handed the President everything that he asked for and you would still see fault with the Republicans.

Next comes the debate on the debt ceiling to which Obama is adamant about not raising, but what does he propose when we default on our loans? I see more bickering between the children of Congress and the child in the WH.

The US is currently on a slippery slope and there is no one there to catch us when we fall.

A slight uptick in the tax rate for .7% is a torches and pitchforks moment for the FAUX News knuckle-draggers.

And, yes, there's also the return of the payroll tax to "normal" rates. Some are upset about this. I'm not thrilled as it's too early to withdraw any stimulus that impacts poor and middle class people, but I don't think it's right to portray it as the worst thing ever either. The "holiday" was always designed to be temporary, and SSI needs to be properly funded.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't think that the Social Security tax should have ever been decreased. I will agree with Sal that SS needs to be funded. But the rest of it--the fiscal cliff....is all BS. There is no excuse for the President and Congress (BOTH PARTIES) to not come up with a budget that the President will sign that will not drive us further into debt.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm LMAO at all the repugs! I hope Boehner goes home and cries in his beer all night. They got effed and deserved every bit of it. I'm sure Obama is laughing his ass off too.Ahhh-life is sweet!

Awesome...you are stuck in the Dems against Repubs scenario....it's not the same as a backyard tag-football game.

polecat

polecat

Funny the things you say when you have just had your ASS handed to you.

[quote="newswatcher"]
Dreamsglore wrote:

"They got effed"...What more really has to be explained about the lack of intelligence as indicated in this statement...Taxes are UP for every working class citizen...NO WE ARE GETTING EFFED...The campaign rhetoric was that taxes were going to be cut for 95%....and there are/were some that bought into this...Citizens are being taxed and yet....government workers and Congress have received a PAY RAISE and have retirement benefits and perks on top of their bloated salaries...Look at the roster of Congress and check out their values....and yet some were complaining about the evil greedy corporate monsters living above their means and YET we elect and re-elect the same people that some complain about to run our nation and make laws!...AGAIN...this is not limited to one party or the other...This isn't a game were one side can say "we won" and that's the stupidity of thinking that's gotten us into this mess...Oh, yeah someone's getting "effed"....the same people that every election cycle the politicans champion and promise to protect...the working middle class and yet the same working class somehow continues to buy into the rhetoric...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OUR NATION LOST, YOU BLOWHARD DUMBASS.

All of you assholes sitting around counting chits lost. All of the rest of us lost.

When we have a breakdown in governance like what is playing out, we all lose.

So get your yaya's,and your EL OH EL's and your pathetic feces coated finger pointing done and face the music. The more you and your brain-dead ilk celebrate at the prospect of ANY Obama failure and cheer on the petty POS obstructionists, the further the nail is driven in the coffin.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Awesome...you are stuck in the Dems against Repubs scenario....it's not the same as a backyard tag-football game.

And your not? I'm sure you think it's ok their #1 focus was in defeating Obama rather than helping the American people?

[quote="newswatcher"]
Dreamsglore wrote:

"They got effed"...What more really has to be explained about the lack of intelligence as indicated in this statement...Taxes are UP for every working class citizen...NO WE ARE GETTING EFFED...The campaign rhetoric was that taxes were going to be cut for 95%....and there are/were some that bought into this.."

Tax Cuts for the Middle Class

Within weeks of taking office, President Obama took immediate action in the midst of the economic crisis to restore security for middle-class families by cutting their taxes in the Recovery Act.

Since then, President Obama has continued to cut taxes for middle class families to make it easier for them to make ends meet, and cut taxes for 160 million American workers. A typical family making $50,000 a year has received tax cuts totaling $3,600 over the past four years – more if they were putting a child through college.

You just continue on w/ your stupid and false rhetoric.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Yes, I do see fault w/ the republicans because if they had their way the middle class will keep on paying for the rich, Social security retirement age would be increased, unemployment benefits discontinued, tax credits eliminated and so on. You call the President a child but that "child" is on your side , the republicans are not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum