Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody going to Pelican Drop?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anybody going to Pelican Drop? Empty Anybody going to Pelican Drop? 12/31/2012, 8:29 pm

2seaoat

I loved it, but I will not be going this year. I really like the party.....and it beats the hell out of the moon pie they drop over in Mobile....moon pie. As a kid visiting my grandmother in Birmingham I would go to the corner store in Acipco where I-65 now runs right where her house and the store was....and I would have moon pies......they sucked then.....they suck big time now......and to actually drop a moon pie......come on .....the Pelican rules!

2seaoat wrote:I loved it, but I will not be going this year. I really like the party.....and it beats the hell out of the moon pie they drop over in Mobile....moon pie. As a kid visiting my grandmother in Birmingham I would go to the corner store in Acipco where I-65 now runs right where her house and the store was....and I would have moon pies......they sucked then.....they suck big time now......and to actually drop a moon pie......come on .....the Pelican rules!

New Year's Eve is the one day of the year that I absolutely refuse to leave the house. So in answer to your question, not NO, but HELL NO!

No Not doing the downtown thing this year. Will try to catch the Sun rise to start the year off with the morning dawn. All is good. Hope every one has a great time. Stay safe.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I loved it, but I will not be going this year. I really like the party.....and it beats the hell out of the moon pie they drop over in Mobile....moon pie. As a kid visiting my grandmother in Birmingham I would go to the corner store in Acipco where I-65 now runs right where her house and the store was....and I would have moon pies......they sucked then.....they suck big time now......and to actually drop a moon pie......come on .....the Pelican rules!
Moon pies are official foodstuff of Mardi Gras.

hallmarkgrad wrote:No Not doing the downtown thing this year. Will try to catch the Sun rise to start the year off with the morning dawn. All is good. Hope every one has a great time. Stay safe.

Unfortunately you may not get to see the sunrise tomorrow morning as it is supposed to be cloudy all day.

That maybe true. LOL I did not even think of that. I will sleep in and watch it on YouTube around noon.

7Anybody going to Pelican Drop? Empty Re: Anybody going to Pelican Drop? 12/31/2012, 11:12 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I was going to light a bonfire and go out and fire off 50 shots of 9mm JHP from my high capacity magazines in honor of the 50 free states and the true meaning of independence....but seems a little crude this year......dunno.

8Anybody going to Pelican Drop? Empty Re: Anybody going to Pelican Drop? 12/31/2012, 11:49 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

New Year's Eve is the one day of the year that I absolutely refuse to leave the house. So in answer to your question, not NO, but HELL NO!

I gave you + for that, brudder. I also refuse to leave the house on NYE unless I go to my folks' place early in the day and stay there overnight. I clearly don't have to essplain to you why.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:No Not doing the downtown thing this year. Will try to catch the Sun rise to start the year off with the morning dawn. All is good. Hope every one has a great time. Stay safe.

Unfortunately you may not get to see the sunrise tomorrow morning as it is supposed to be cloudy all day.

Looks like we're to have a gorgeous, clear and brisk sunrise tomorrow, so I believe that in absence of being able to spend tonight playing cards and visiting w/my folks, I'll get up to enjoy the sunrise of the new year. I get a truly awesome sunset @my place, but not much of a view of a sunrise, so I may take a drive East for a nice view. We'll see how much sleep I get.

sunny

Something close to what I hope to see tomorrow morning if I get any sleep. This was taken from the desert (East) side generally where the best sunrise views are, not from the mountain side where I live:

Anybody going to Pelican Drop? Sunrise_DesertSide_zpsb8f1f281

Google image w/no photo credit, unfortunately. Gorgeous shot!

9Anybody going to Pelican Drop? Empty Re: Anybody going to Pelican Drop? 12/31/2012, 11:57 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I was going to light a bonfire and go out and fire off 50 shots of 9mm JHP from my high capacity magazines in honor of the 50 free states and the true meaning of independence....but seems a little crude this year......dunno.

Hey I still plan to fire-off a round or a dozen. I'll be in good company where I live! If you're out @Camp FEMA you should most assuredly will be as well and should join me, T (although we'll be a couple hours off in time zone difference)!

Anybody going to Pelican Drop? Innocent

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

riceme wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I was going to light a bonfire and go out and fire off 50 shots of 9mm JHP from my high capacity magazines in honor of the 50 free states and the true meaning of independence....but seems a little crude this year......dunno.

Hey I still plan to fire-off a round or a dozen. I'll be in good company where I live! If you're out @Camp FEMA you should most assuredly will be as well and should join me, T (although we'll be a couple hours off in time zone difference)!

Anybody going to Pelican Drop? Innocent

Listen real close around 10 your time...count 50 free states..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum