Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rolling Stone Magazine on Romney's taxes

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

SWISS SECRECY

On his 2010 tax return, Romney disclosed that his wife Ann's trust held $3 million in a Swiss bank account at UBS, which had just been busted by the IRS for abetting criminal tax evasion by U.S. citizens. As part of a $780 million settlement, UBS was forced to turn over the names of thousands of its long-secret clients, who were then offered a partial amnesty: disclose their hidden assets, pay penalties and avoid prosecution. Romney – who had omitted the Swiss account on previous financial disclosures – suddenly came clean. Did he reveal his secret account to avoid prosecution for tax evasion?

It should be noted that Kossack, Christopher Tucker has a similar theory. In his diary Tucker, hypotheses that:

Mitt Romney is hiding the fact that- according to US law- he should be in a federal prison, but is only free and running for to be the next US president because of the special "amnesty" program offered to 5000 American financial elite, who violated US law in order to hoard their riches in in an illegal tax-evasion scheme, which was cooked up by Swiss banks & exposed by a heroic whistleblower, who- in accord with the new 1% US morality- was the only one to be imprisoned, while Romney & his elite 1% cronies plotted his White House takeover.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021532311

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I guess this is old news. No one wants to even REMBER Romney!

boards of FL

boards of FL

othershoe1030 wrote:I guess this is old news. No one wants to even REMBER Romney!

Post-election Romnesia.

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I guess this is old news. No one wants to even REMBER Romney!

Post-election Romnesia.

More Romnearrhea.

knothead

knothead

OS, old news yes but still a relevant reminder of this bird and the snake oil he was peddling . . . . .
Thanks for the reminder!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:

OS, old news yes but still a relevant reminder of this bird and the snake oil he was peddling . . . . .
Thanks for the reminder!

I think mitten's unpatriotic handling of his personal finances on top of how he did business turned people off. He put his tax liability above his country. That's not a good way to act if you're president.

It gives me great satisfaction that the money bags donors were unable to buy the election.

I almost thought some winger would post something to the effect that "Romney isn't running for office anymore in case you hadn't noticed." The way they screech objections over the mention of W's name! Looks like we still are in a grace period where we're allowed to mention mittens!

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thanks for the reminder!

I think mitten's unpatriotic handling of his personal finances on top of how he did business turned people off. He put his tax liability above his country. That's not a good way to act if you're president.

It gives me great satisfaction that the money bags donors were unable to buy the election.

I almost thought some winger would post something to the effect that "Romney isn't running for office anymore in case you hadn't noticed." The way they screech objections over the mention of W's name! Looks like we still are in a grace period where we're allowed to mention mittens!

For me, I remain completely and totally befuddled over how the GOP rolled out their candidates and the message they carried. I'll never forget the debate when they were all asked if they would accept a $10 cut in spending for every $1 in additional revenue (taxation) and they all dutifully and proudly held up their hand. Unbelievable . . . . oh well! Smile

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thanks for the reminder!

For me, I remain completely and totally befuddled over how the GOP rolled out their candidates and the message they carried. I'll never forget the debate when they were all asked if they would accept a $10 cut in spending for every $1 in additional revenue (taxation) and they all dutifully and proudly held up their hand. Unbelievable . . . . oh well! Smile

That's what happens when you have the tea party tail wagging the GOP dog. Also living in an information bubble helps produce crops of candidates like the last one they came up with.
The information bubble, depending on their own internal polls and denying reality in general is what contributed to their disbelief at loosing! Telling themselves what they wanted to hear is like touching up the X-ray. It may look or sound good but the problem still exists.

NaNook

NaNook

othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thanks for the reminder!

That's what happens when you have the tea party tail wagging the GOP dog. Also living in an information bubble helps produce crops of candidates like the last one they came up with.
The information bubble, depending on their own internal polls and denying reality in general is what contributed to their disbelief at loosing! Telling themselves what they wanted to hear is like touching up the X-ray. It may look or sound good but the problem still exists.

I would like to reply but I must event plan the Obama Christmas Vacation. GW usually went somewhere close by without staff. You know, it's Christmas, people should be home with their families,,,,right?

Obama is screwing up Christmas for thousands of people. Think about the Dads and Moms, on Christmas Duty. For 3 weeks away????

I would think with 54 Christmas Trees in the White House they could stay home. Let the MIDDLE CLASS WORKERS off for the holidays. Can't the WH Chef prep a Christmas Dinner for the next day?

I want to Wish all of the support staff A MERRY CHRISTMAS, I'm sorry you'll miss your families for 3 weeks during the Christmas Season.

When your 4/5 year old child ask why you weren't home for Christmas, just say, I Don't Know........

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

NaNook wrote:

I would like to reply but I must event plan the Obama Christmas Vacation. GW usually went somewhere close by without staff. You know, it's Christmas, people should be home with their families,,,,right?

Obama is screwing up Christmas for thousands of people. Think about the Dads and Moms, on Christmas Duty. For 3 weeks away????

I would think with 54 Christmas Trees in the White House they could stay home. Let the MIDDLE CLASS WORKERS off for the holidays. Can't the WH Chef prep a Christmas Dinner for the next day?

I want to Wish all of the support staff A MERRY CHRISTMAS, I'm sorry you'll miss your families for 3 weeks during the Christmas Season.

When your 4/5 year old child ask why you weren't home for Christmas, just say, I Don't Know........

And this complaint of yours is supposed to balance out the 100's of millions of dollars mittens has stashed overseas? The thread isn't about presidential vacations it is about Romney's tax dodges.

NaNook wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thanks for the reminder!

What makes you think their families aren't going w/ them? How much more ridiculous can people get w/ this tripe?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum