Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hotel Confessions

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hotel Confessions Empty Hotel Confessions 12/3/2012, 8:08 pm

http://gma.yahoo.com/hotel-confessions--5-ways-hotel-staffs-get-back-at-customers--170307889.html

2Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/3/2012, 8:35 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yep, I have never liked the hotel glass glasses. I don't care much for the in-room coffee makers either.
Speaking of which, I saw something the other day, I think it was in Tuesday Morning....it was a hotel-blanket wrap thing to take with you on trips. You use it to wrap up in so that you don't touch the hotel bed linens. Kind of like a sleeping bag.

3Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/3/2012, 9:39 pm

I heard you should take a body bag to sleep in at night and stick a straw thru the top of the zipper to breath.

4Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/3/2012, 9:48 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL.
It was advertised on the package to prevent bedbugs from being able to bite.

5Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/3/2012, 9:50 pm

Nekochan wrote:LOL.

The only way to travel is to take a hazmat suit with you to put on in your hotel room.

6Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/3/2012, 9:59 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

grimreaper1910 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:LOL.

The only way to travel is to take a hazmat suit with you to put on in your hotel room.

Bring your own drinking glasses too.

7Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/3/2012, 11:46 pm

Markle

Markle

Where's "Monk"?

8Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/4/2012, 12:57 am

2seaoat

I was traveling by bus in Mexico, and I had been traveling all night and did not have time to find a good hotel.....so I took one near the bus station......the next day I awoke on fire covered with bed bug bites from head to toe......what a mess.........I would rather put a sleeping bag under a tree in the woods than go into a fly by night motel......bed bugs are awful.

9Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/4/2012, 5:01 am

I felt compelled to go downstairs and wash my mouth out with bleach after hearing that housekeeping often used whatever they'd cleaned the bathroom with to clean the glassware. That is just disgusting.

I have a "thing" about hotel bedding and floors. I will not touch the top bedding unless it's the sort that has the laundered, bleached white comforter cover over the comforter... and sometimes I might not even touch it then. It just creeps me out. And I never walk on the floor of a hotel barefoot... that is the sole reason why I own a pair of flippers, and that's the only time they ever get used. Hotels are icky... Even more icky than I thought, apparently!

I have often slept in either the front or the back (depending on whether the back was full of crap or not) of my pickup (I always carry at least a wool blanket, usually a whole bedroll) to avoid the possibility of having to go into cities and/or sleep in yucky places while traveling. Not only is my own pickup significantly less yucky that a nasty hotel room, but I have found that I sleep better "in my own space" even when there are traffic noises and stuff like that.

10Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/4/2012, 2:49 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I know...I can't get the nasty glasses out of my mind either. pale

I usually take my own blanket if we're traveling by car and I have room for it, and the first thing that comes off the bed is the bedspread.

11Hotel Confessions Empty Re: Hotel Confessions 12/4/2012, 5:00 pm

Nekochan wrote:I know...I can't get the nasty glasses out of my mind either. pale

I usually take my own blanket if we're traveling by car and I have room for it, and the first thing that comes off the bed is the bedspread.

ME TOO, but as previously mentioned, I won't touch it. I use a wash cloth or something as a barrier between my fingers & hand and the yuck-ola bedspread.

I am still completely grossed-out about the nasty glasses today. When I'm on roadtrips, I also bring at least a wool blanket to put on top of those highly-suspect fuzzy, soft "blankets" that are often found on hotel beds. However, my internal thermostat is out of whack and I've found that I normally don't need one, although in hotels I have found that I rarely ever need more than a sheet covering me. If I'm flying, I simply fold the sheets over the top blanket so that as little of me can/will touch it.

I have *got* to email this article out to my mom, family and friends. ICK!

pale affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum