Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nice Vacation

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nice Vacation Empty Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 3:25 pm

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alerted-to-obamas-hawaiian-holiday-plans/123

At least the so-called 1% spend their own money when they vacation.

America, I'll be in Hawaii... Enjoy the cliff.

2Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:11 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't have a problem with the President going on vacation but how about the President and ALL of Congress stay in Washington and work until they come to an agreement about taxes and the budget. That's what I think.

3Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The President’s staff and White House Press Corps typically stay at one of Hawaii’s oldest and most elegant hotels, the Moana Surfrider. Besides its stunningly beautiful view of Waikiki, and its traditional Hawaiian architecture and decor, it is one of the most pricey hotels in the state and government rates are not available during the holiday season. Rooms start at around $270 but can cost as much as $370 a night for an ocean view before Christmas, and climb much higher around the new year.

Wow they are really down-playing the cost of rooms at Moana Surfrider. What they don't mention is... there happens to be a military resort complex just blocks away. the facility is beautiful, oceanfront and extremely reasonable.

4Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:17 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, the military hotel is oceanfront and is very nice. Probably easier to secure, as well.

5Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hale Koa Hotel on Waikiki Beach

6Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:22 pm

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Nekochan wrote:I don't have a problem with the President going on vacation but how about the President and ALL of Congress stay in Washington and work until they come to an agreement about taxes and the budget. That's what I think.

I don't have a problem with the President going on vacation. It's the +4 million dollar price tag. Which is coming at a time when government spending is out of control and they want to raise taxes. Kind of sends the message "It's good to be the King".

I'm sure they could have vacationed at Camp David for much less.

7Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:27 pm

Sal

Sal

I understand after he returns from his lavish vacation, he has some rather extravagant balls and a large parade to attend.

Suck lemons, losers.

8Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:29 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

There are other places as well. There is a very nice, very private military area where the staff could stay. My family stayed here some years ago and it was beautiful.

http://bellowsafs.com/Default.asp

9Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:31 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Captn Kaoz wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I don't have a problem with the President going on vacation but how about the President and ALL of Congress stay in Washington and work until they come to an agreement about taxes and the budget. That's what I think.

I don't have a problem with the President going on vacation. It's the +4 million dollar price tag. Which is coming at a time when government spending is out of control and they want to raise taxes. Kind of sends the message "It's good to be the King".

I'm sure they could have vacationed at Camp David for much less.

I know. Spending is out of control. Regular Americans are expected to take cuts and make sacrifices.

10Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/29/2012, 4:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:I understand after he returns from his lavish vacation, he has some rather extravagant balls and a large parade to attend.

Suck lemons, losers.

Don't forget the extravagant mess....
Over 130 tons of garbage plus someone's grandma was left behind. Impressive.

Nice Vacation Inagur10

Nice Vacation Inagur11

Nice Vacation Inagur12

11Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/30/2012, 2:06 am

Here we go again! Dissing the President for going on vacation to a hotel of his choice. He pays for his own vacation expenses-once again folks. Taxpayers pay for the protection of the President wherever he goes. It's the perk of the job.LOL!

12Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 11/30/2012, 9:00 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:Here we go again! Dissing the President for going on vacation to a hotel of his choice. He pays for his own vacation expenses-once again folks. Taxpayers pay for the protection of the President wherever he goes. It's the perk of the job.LOL!

Once again, he is not staying in a hotel. He is renting a home on the beach which is not a problem. The problem, the staff is staying at "the'" most expensive resort hotel on Waikiki Beach at the taxpayers expense.

We were there several years ago...one patron, who vacations there every year, complained over the cost of his rented beach chairs...$900.00 per chair for 10 days. Cold day in hell before I pay $1800 to rent two beach chairs for 10 days.

13Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 12/1/2012, 1:05 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Here we go again! Dissing the President for going on vacation to a hotel of his choice. He pays for his own vacation expenses-once again folks. Taxpayers pay for the protection of the President wherever he goes. It's the perk of the job.LOL!

Once again, he is not staying in a hotel. He is renting a home on the beach which is not a problem. The problem, the staff is staying at "the'" most expensive resort hotel on Waikiki Beach at the taxpayers expense.

We were there several years ago...one patron, who vacations there every year, complained over the cost of his rented beach chairs...$900.00 per chair for 10 days. Cold day in hell before I pay $1800 to rent two beach chairs for 10 days.

Maybe they're getting comp rooms or a discount-you don't know.

14Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 12/1/2012, 5:23 am

Markle

Markle

Captn Kaoz wrote:http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alerted-to-obamas-hawaiian-holiday-plans/123

Yea! The election is over, no election coming up BACK TO THE LUXURY VACATIONS! Hawaii for nearly three week! Cliff? Economy? Budget? Yeah, yeah, all in good time. Just approve my budget for an additional $1.6 TRILLION in TAXES and KEEP ON SPENDING!

15Nice Vacation Empty Re: Nice Vacation 12/1/2012, 9:16 pm

Markle wrote:
Captn Kaoz wrote:http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alerted-to-obamas-hawaiian-holiday-plans/123

Yea! The election is over, no election coming up BACK TO THE LUXURY VACATIONS! Hawaii for nearly three week! Cliff? Economy? Budget? Yeah, yeah, all in good time. Just approve my budget for an additional $1.6 TRILLION in TAXES and KEEP ON SPENDING!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Why should he bother even trying to negotiate with the intransigent GOP hard line wing nuts...?

There's a growing desire among the losers to walk away from the table in an effort to "call Obama's bluff", and the blowhard cheerleader is begging for that to happen.

Rush Limbaugh To Republicans: Don't Negotiate With Obama On Fiscal Cliff

>>>Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh encouraged GOP lawmakers to take the existing game of political brinksmanship regarding the fiscal cliff and bring it to its next logical step: Backing out of negotiations with President Barack Obama entirely.

On his program on Thursday, Limbaugh advised Republicans to completely withdraw in order to "find out just how willing [Obama] is to take the country over the cliff."

"The way to handle that, the way to call his bluff on this is to not negotiate with him and leave it up to him what happens," he said. "Very publicly walk away from the talks so that whatever happens vis-à-vis the cliff is perceived to happen -- well, the real point will be to flush Obama out, find out. I would suggest to people who really believe Obama is concerned about his second term and his legacy -- he doesn't want a recession -- the only way to flush that out is to come dangerously close to allowing it all to happen."<<<

Why NOT give them the finger and go on vacation.....?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum