Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do we need more moderators?

+3
PBulldog2
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
7 posters

Should there be more people moderating that just Twoism?

Do we need more moderators? I_vote_lcap7%Do we need more moderators? I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Do we need more moderators? I_vote_lcap93%Do we need more moderators? I_vote_rcap 93% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do we need more moderators? Empty Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 1:08 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Should we add a few moderators?

Last edited by boards of FL on 6/30/2012, 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

2Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 1:11 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

The real question here is: is this forum fine with wide open rules, or should there be some sort of election process for a real moderator to regulate the forum?

3Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 1:40 am

boards of FL wrote:The real question here is: is this forum fine with wide open rules, or should there be some sort of election process for a real moderator to regulate the forum?

No. Keep it like it is. Once you get moderators then the sheet will hit the fan. It's fun having it no holds barred.

4Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 3:59 am

No mods, as soon as you do I will get banned.

I know im the mod of youtube lol but as you see, i dont do anything with it, we both know thats just a inside joke anyway

if you make people mods here i can assure you i will be a target and if you want to run me off, you can just say so and ill go before you have to go through that.

5Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 4:51 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I want to be a mod so I can ban myself. My posts are becoming increasingly hostile and mean spirited. I would never ban Az or Chrissy though...those little angels are the soul of this forum.

I love you

Oh and I would ban Boards for constantly trying to improve on perfection...

6Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 8:46 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I want to be a mod so I can ban myself. My posts are becoming increasingly hostile and mean spirited. I would never ban Az or Chrissy though...those little angels are the soul of this forum.

I love you

I dont see your post as hostile. If this is a jab at me, just jab away. Im feeling a bit vulnerable this morning. I almost changed my nic to retard this morning, but couldnt decide between retard, low life or shithead or illiterate dumbass, so I just stuck with chrissy8 since this one name embodies all of those.

7Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 11:25 am

خرة wrote:Once you get moderators then the sheet will hit the fan. It's fun having it no holds barred.

It'll just stir up animosity, claims of favoritism, etc.

As long as no laws are broken, let 'er rip.

8Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 11:26 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

As far as I'm concerned, Two, the only posts (and/or posters) that should be knocked off the forum would be posts revealing others' personal information, posts containing threats and posts containing obvious and deliberate malicious libel (not personal opinion.)

If those sorts of posters are banned, they should be banned by IP, not by username. There is no other way to be reasonably assured they won't return. I don't know if it's possible to do that with this forum software.

Opinion should never be moderated away. Obnoxiousness is no reason for banning. Whether or not a person is "liked" on a forum is no reason for banning. Posts that hurt someone's feelings shouldn't be banned. Even trolls should be allowed to do their thing. All of these issues will work themselves out over time. Call it adult peer pressure. Smile

That said, I don't know what the responsibility of the forum owner would be if posters such as I described in the first paragraph were allowed to remain. I was checking into that myself when we all opted to return to PDF.

9Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 11:28 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

chrissy8 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I want to be a mod so I can ban myself. My posts are becoming increasingly hostile and mean spirited. I would never ban Az or Chrissy though...those little angels are the soul of this forum.

I love you

I dont see your post as hostile. If this is a jab at me, just jab away. Im feeling a bit vulnerable this morning. I almost changed my nic to retard this morning, but couldnt decide between retard, low life or shithead or illiterate dumbass, so I just stuck with chrissy8 since this one name embodies all of those.

Oh hush. You are none of the above. Cool

10Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 12:01 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:they should be banned by IP, not by username.

Sounds good, PB. But with some service providers when you shut your computer down you release your IP and you get a new (different) one when you log back on. It's done automatically. Therefore, if you ban a certain IP, you might cause a different user with the same service provider to be banned when they logon with that IP.

11Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 12:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

About the only thing I'd want changed is when a gutless coward of a so-called "man'' calls a woman the c-word. i don't care about having any moderator do anything. What I'd like to see happen is for all the rest of us to condemn that so-called "man" until he just goes away from here.
That was the only time I ever hit the "report abuse" button on that newspaper forum was when it was done to Chrissy. And for all I know it's the same so-called "man" doing it here too.
Any man who calls a woman the c-word is a cowardly faggot queer.

12Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 12:14 pm

ButtMan wrote:About the only thing I'd want changed is when a gutless coward of a so-called "man'' calls a woman the c-word. i don't care about having any moderator do anything. What I'd like to see happen is for all the rest of us to condemn that so-called "man" until he just goes away from here.

In order for condemnation to be effective one must have a heart and emotions.He has no heart and no emotions so no amount of condemnation will even phase him. It will just roll off him like water on a duck.

13Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 12:17 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
ButtMan wrote:About the only thing I'd want changed is when a gutless coward of a so-called "man'' calls a woman the c-word. i don't care about having any moderator do anything. What I'd like to see happen is for all the rest of us to condemn that so-called "man" until he just goes away from here.

In order for condemnation to be effective one must have a heart and emotions.He has no heart and no emotions so no amount of condemnation will even phase him. It will just roll off him like water on a duck.
Probably true. I guarantee you this one is a self-loathing homosexual in denial. I've seen it a dozen times and he fits the profile to a t.

14Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 2:50 pm

no stress

no stress

ButtMan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Probably true. I guarantee you this one is a self-loathing homosexual in denial. I've seen it a dozen times and he fits the profile to a t.

Twoism has already told yall that you can go to your profile and put folks that use language you dont agree with in the foe slot. That hides their posts from you. Calling them closet queers and faggots puts you in the same group that you are offended by in my book. just ignore them.

15Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 2:56 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Honey Badger wrote:
Twoism has already told yall that you can go to your profile and put folks that use language you dont agree with in the foe slot. That hides their posts from you. Calling them closet queers and faggots puts you in the same group that you are offended by in my book. just ignore them.
Your opinion is duly noted.

16Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 2:59 pm

no stress

no stress

whatever

17Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 3:01 pm

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

I think we should be a self-moderating group of adults. And for the most part we are. Some posters just cannot resist their adolescent urges to be potty mouths, but these little boogers exist in all groups. It's up to the real adults to ignore them And deny them the attention they so badly crave. We all know who they are and they know who they are. It's really not up to us to be their mommies and daddies. This forum rocks just the way it is! I love you

18Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 3:13 pm

no stress

no stress

Granny4Peace wrote:I think we should be a self-moderating group of adults. And for the most part we are. Some posters just cannot resist their adolescent urges to be potty mouths, but these little boogers exist in all groups. It's up to the real adults to ignore them And deny them the attention they so badly crave. We all know who they are and they know who they are. It's really not up to us to be their mommies and daddies. This forum rocks just the way it is! I love you

Agree

19Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 3:19 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:I think we should be a self-moderating group of adults. And for the most part we are. Some posters just cannot resist their adolescent urges to be potty mouths, but these little boogers exist in all groups. It's up to the real adults to ignore them And deny them the attention they so badly crave. We all know who they are and they know who they are. It's really not up to us to be their mommies and daddies. This forum rocks just the way it is! I love you

Granny's got a gun
Granny's got a gun
Her whole world's come undone
From lookin' straight at the sun
What did her daddy do?
What did he put you through?
They said when Granny was arrested
they found him underneath a train
But man, he had it comin' Now that Granny's got a gun
she ain't never gonna be the same

20Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 4:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Honey Badger wrote:whatever
Believe me, badger, I understand your frustration with me on this. And you're right that I probably shouldn't use the words queer and fag so I'll try to stop doing that.

But you need to understand my frustration with a self-loathing homosexual like this person who is in total denial of what he is. A homosexual who cannot accept what he is and because of that gets his jollies by bashing his own kind is the most disgusting of all people to me. And the ones who give themselves away by calling women names are the worst of the worst. I can tolerate anything except a lowlife piece of shit like that.

I'm sorry you hate me for saying this. But that's just the way it is.

21Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 4:21 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I like this forum just the way it is so far. I'd like more colors to choose from, small matter. Thankfully someone changed the font from NYT's or whatever it was to this very simple one.
I just went to the old PNJ site and basically discovered that it had disappeared. So glad this is here. Thanks Two.
Thanks for posting a link at the PNJ too. Something went haywire with my bookmarks and I lost this place for a few minutes! I am finding my way around little by little. This is cool.

22Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 4:32 pm

First Twoism I would like to thank you for the forum. Second I have moderated boards and will never do it again, it becomes a major chore and takes all the fun out of having a forum. Mods will be bombarded by whiny ass people who are to thin skinned to even be on a forum. Just like the PNJ you will have people that will call someone all kinds of things and then as soon as someone challenges them they are running to you whining. It becomes a full time job like baby sitting children. Unlike the rest of the world where they can throw a temper tantrum here they can just leave if they do not like what is being said if not then they can deal with it.

This place is great, this forum represents freedom of speech. Problem is most people only want that freedom when they agree with the speech. Profanity is a perfect example of this. People have said the most vile, ruthless, heartless things imaginable to other people on this and the other place (PNJ, ick) and they have done it with out using one profane word. So to the people who like to tear others down then complain about profanity, go fuck yourselves. That is freedom of speech, the good and the bad.

23Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 5:45 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

moron with a low IQ wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I want to be a mod so I can ban myself. My posts are becoming increasingly hostile and mean spirited. I would never ban Az or Chrissy though...those little angels are the soul of this forum
I love you

Gee Bob is the ALWAYS sarcastic one dear NOT ME !..I mean it.. I like you and Az...you are as dumb as a stick of butter though...a very endearing quality. . Okay you're not a dumby and I like butter...hate margirine though...stay real !

cheers

24Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 5:53 pm

no stress

no stress

ButtMan wrote:
Believe me, badger, I understand your frustration with me on this. And you're right that I probably shouldn't use the words queer and fag so I'll try to stop doing that.

But you need to understand my frustration with a self-loathing homosexual like this person who is in total denial of what he is. A homosexual who cannot accept what he is and because of that gets his jollies by bashing his own kind is the most disgusting of all people to me. And the ones who give themselves away by calling women names are the worst of the worst. I can tolerate anything except a lowlife piece of shit like that.

I hate no-one bob. I'm just a guy giving his opinion. I dont like the shit either but in the wild west as linda calls it, the rules are non existent. We will either have to accept a person good or bad, put em on ignore, or leave the forum ourselves before we pull out what little hair we have left. This place reminds me of a nuclear reactor with an ever diminishing supply of coolant water. Time bomb

25Do we need more moderators? Empty Re: Do we need more moderators? 6/30/2012, 6:04 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Honey Badger wrote:
ButtMan wrote:

I hate no-one bob. I'm just a guy giving his opinion. I dont like the shit either but in the wild west as linda calls it, the rules are non existent. We will either have to accept a person good or bad, put em on ignore, or leave the forum ourselves before we pull out what little hair we have left. This place reminds me of a nuclear reactor with an ever diminishing supply of coolant water. Time bomb

Do we need more moderators? 1831cd3f-a591-4077-a370-8f7f4091f628

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum