Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eat at Denny's and pay Obamacare surcharge

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-11-15/industries/35125034_1_surcharge-denny-franchisee

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-11-15/industries/35125034_1_surcharge-denny-franchisee

I have a feeling we will start to see more of this. Businesses will pass along any increase cost to operate to the consumer whether it is a result of Obamacare or increased taxes, in the end it is the consumer that pays the burden.

Bluebonnet

I thought this was going to be about a surcharge for unhealthy eating.

Coming to a decade near you.

Markle

Markle

Soleil wrote:I thought this was going to be about a surcharge for unhealthy eating.

Decade? See New York City.

Soleil wrote:I thought this was going to be about a surcharge for unhealthy eating.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

So true that.

All of these wing nut food folk think they are being cute w/ their pre-emptive actions to publicly oppose so-called Obamacare. Notice it's mostly pedestrian food often consumed by a lot of Obama supporters. The backlash from their posturing will affect their bottom line more than their ridiculous grandstanding.

I will never spend another dime w/ ANY of the chains who jump on that bandwagon. We used to eat on a fairly regular basis @ Denny's. PJ's was not an issue....we don't regularly order delivery pizza and it wasn't their crap when we did.

It's odd that PJ can give away 2 million crappy pies (average 10 bucks per....do the math) but he doesn't have the money to obey the future mandate....?

Markle

Markle

W_T_M wrote:

So true that.

All of these wing nut food folk think they are being cute w/ their pre-emptive actions to publicly oppose so-called Obamacare. Notice it's mostly pedestrian food often consumed by a lot of Obama supporters. The backlash from their posturing will affect their bottom line more than their ridiculous grandstanding.

I will never spend another dime w/ ANY of the chains who jump on that bandwagon. We used to eat on a fairly regular basis @ Denny's. PJ's was not an issue....we don't regularly order delivery pizza and it wasn't their crap when we did.

It's odd that PJ can give away 2 million crappy pies (average 10 bucks per....do the math) but he doesn't have the money to obey the future mandate....?

Obviously you have never run a successful business.

Why is it so difficult for Progressives to understand that additional taxes the government charges businesses gets passed on to the consumer? Really, it is pretty simple arithmetic.

If you do not like Papa John's Pizza, I suggest you not buy them.

Markle wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

So true that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Obviously, you are full of do-do.

And your idiot remark about faux news being the only source for news that allows opposing viewpoints...well, that solidifies your status as a bot on steroids lacking the ability to even KNOW the truth, much less discuss it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

So true that.

Why is it so difficult for Progressives to understand that additional taxes the government charges businesses gets passed on to the consumer? Really, it is pretty simple arithmetic.

If you do not like Papa John's Pizza, I suggest you not buy them.

You're a dolt. Plenty of people every day run successful businesses without buying into the extreme right-wing mantra. I guess we've seen the results of that. Businesses have to adjust to the demands of the marketplace or die of irrelevance...just like your party.

Eat at Denny's and pay Obamacare surcharge Obamacare-everyone-hates-political-cartoon

True cost of Obamacare:

"The latest CBO scoring of Obamacare, in the wake of the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision upholding the overhaul’s individual mandate as an allowable (although seemingly unprecedented) tax on inactivity, shows that President Obama’s centerpiece legislation would cost about $2 trillion over its real first decade (2014 through 2023). The CBO also says that — despite its colossal cost and its unprecedented expansion of power and control over Americans’ lives — Obamacare would, as of a decade from now, leave 30 million people uninsured."

Now that's CHANGE you can BELIEVE in. IDIOTS!

Sal

Sal

John Metz owns about 40 Denny’s outlets, several Dairy Queens, and is the brains behind the Hurricane Grill & Wings chain is even blunter. He says he’ll be tacking a 5 percent surcharge onto customers’ bills in order to defray the costs of Obamacare.

If you’re not happy about that surcharge, he’s got an answer for you. Cranky customers “can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare.”

What a dick.

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:True cost of Obamacare:

"The latest CBO scoring of Obamacare, in the wake of the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision upholding the overhaul’s individual mandate as an allowable (although seemingly unprecedented) tax on inactivity, shows that President Obama’s centerpiece legislation would cost about $2 trillion over its real first decade (2014 through 2023). The CBO also says that — despite its colossal cost and its unprecedented expansion of power and control over Americans’ lives — Obamacare would, as of a decade from now, leave 30 million people uninsured."

I can't speak to the accuracy of anything stated in this post, though assuming that the 30 million uninsured 10 years from now figure is accurate, that would be quite an improvement given that there are roughly 50 million uninsured today. That's a 40% drop in the number of uninsured people before we even begin account for population changes over the next decade.

boards of FL wrote:

I can't speak to the accuracy of anything stated in this post, though assuming that the 30 million uninsured 10 years from now figure is accurate, that would be quite an improvement given that there are roughly 50 million uninsured today. That's a 40% drop in the number of uninsured people before we even begin account for population changes over the next decade.

Your 50M appears to include about 11M illegals who won't qualify and one should deduct a certain percentage for those who make too much to qualify for assistance but not enough to purchase their own insurance for various reason such as debt load. Of course you then should deduct for those who just plain don't want insurance and those who self-insure. The self-insured ones for the most part are fooling themselves if they really believe they are self-insuring adequately. This whole mess is too expensive for the anticipated results. An expansion of existing Medicare programs would have been the way to go. We need reform but this version is misguided.

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:Your 50M appears to include about 11M illegals who won't qualify and one should deduct a certain percentage for those who make too much to qualify for assistance but not enough to purchase their own insurance for various reason such as debt load.

The 50 million figure came from the conservative heritage.org and from there was taken from the US census, so you're wrong.

boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:Your 50M appears to include about 11M illegals who won't qualify and one should deduct a certain percentage for those who make too much to qualify for assistance but not enough to purchase their own insurance for various reason such as debt load.

The 50 million figure came from the conservative heritage.org and from there was taken from the US census, so you're wrong.

LOL

W_T_M wrote:
So true that.

Bill, methinks that in that case you won't be eating out hardly at all. Every business that increases price for anything at all, whether it be ObamaCare of just the plain old "cost of doing business", they will most certainly pass on those increases to the consumers.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

Not EVEN President Barack Hussein Obama uses that outrageous figure, he even stopped using the false figure of 40 million being uninsured and dropping that down to 36 million which INCLUDES MILLIONS who do not WANT insurance. They are young, healthy and would rather spend their money on other things.

A REALISTIC figure is 16-17 million people who are un-insurable due to serious pre-existing conditions and really not being able to afford insurance.

ObamaCare will destroy the finest health care in the world for less than 5% of the population. BRILLIANT!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Not EVEN President Barack Hussein Obama uses that outrageous figure, he even stopped using the false figure of 40 million being uninsured and dropping that down to 36 million which INCLUDES MILLIONS who do not WANT insurance. They are young, healthy and would rather spend their money on other things.

A REALISTIC figure is 16-17 million people who are un-insurable due to serious pre-existing conditions and really not being able to afford insurance.

ObamaCare will destroy the finest health care in the world for less than 5% of the population. BRILLIANT!

------------------------

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-healthcare-systems-in-the-world-2012-6?op=1

There are 36 countries that have better healthcare than the US, according to a report by the World Health Organization in 2000. Feel free to follow the link for more insight into "the finest health care in the world."

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

------------------------

There are 36 countries that have better healthcare than the US, according to a report by the World Health Organization in 2000. Feel free to follow the link for more insight into "the finest health care in the world."

He's been told that at least 40 times. It messes up his mantra to acknowledge the truth.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
So true that.

Bill, methinks that in that case you won't be eating out hardly at all. Every business that increases price for anything at all, whether it be ObamaCare of just the plain old "cost of doing business", they will most certainly pass on those increases to the consumers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I understand the rise in prices @ eateries being indexed to the cost of doing business. But I cannot abide the kind of BS that flows from certain right wing jerks who grandstand and index their actions as far as pricing to try and blame our POTUS, and on a program that has not even been fully implemented. Ditto w/ the jerk who owns Chick-fila.

And it's the same with those CEO tools that laid off employees (mostly Hispanics) because they had "warned" them what would happen if Obama was re-elected....in other words, they blackmailed those folk over their choice in a presidential election...?????? WTH....?

Vote for my guy or I'll kill this baby....?

Extortion is extortion....period.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

'

Please show us the link to that figure and what follows.

We both know President Barack Hussein Obama lies, and lies well but let’s use his own figure of 37 million uninsured.

From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

47% earn MORE than twice the Federal Poverty Level. In other words, they can AFFORD insurance; they choose NOT to have health insurance.

28% earn MORE than THREE times the Federal Poverty Level

41% are between the age of 18 and 34. Like anyone young, they feel like they are omnipotent. They would rather spend that $100. per month on their car…high speed internet, flat screen…etc.

46% are employed full time. See above….

49% are uninsured for…LESS than one year.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/05/uninsured-cps/index.htm

Yes, there are uninsurable people with pre-existing conditions. Most estimates are 10-12 million. That is a manageable number and can be resolved for far, far less than $2.5 TRILLION.

Once again, a question all liberals refuse to answer, instead throwing up smoke screens and changing the subject.

WHY do you want to greatly reduce the quality of care for 300+ million Americans AND at the same time greatly increase their costs, AND steal more of the FREEDOM AND LIBERTY?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

And Markle appears to be completely out to lunch as usual. By all means, Markle, let's see the source for your 16-17 million figure. From where are you getting this alternate version of reality?

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/income_wealth/cb12-172.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/number-of-uninsured-americans-drops-by-13-million-census-report-shows/2012/09/12/0036c876-fcdc-11e1-a31e-804fccb658f9_story.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/12/usa-economy-healthcare-idUSL1E8KCFAJ20120912

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/09/12/more-than-48-million-americans-remain-uninsured/

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/12/news/economy/census-bureau-health-insurance/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_insurance_coverage_in_the_United_States

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-12/americans-without-health-insurance-decline-census-says.html

http://thenationshealth.aphapublications.org/content/42/9/1.3.full

http://www.healthcare-now.org/48-6-million-americans-lacked-health-insurance-in-2011

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/daily-reports/2012/september/13/census-numbers.aspx

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2012/09/number-of-uninsured-americans-drops-for-first-time-in-four-years.html

W_T_M wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
So true that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I understand the rise in prices @ eateries being indexed to the cost of doing business. But I cannot abide the kind of BS that flows from certain right wing jerks who grandstand and index their actions as far as pricing to try and blame our POTUS, and on a program that has not even been fully implemented. Ditto w/ the jerk who owns Chick-fila.

And it's the same with those CEO tools that laid off employees (mostly Hispanics) because they had "warned" them what would happen if Obama was re-elected....in other words, they blackmailed those folk over their choice in a presidential election...?????? WTH....?

Vote for my guy or I'll kill this baby....?

Extortion is extortion....period.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

WOW. The pro-extortionistas gave me a negative for my post.

Awesome. It proves they read my posts, and it irritates them that I even have the right to speak out on this forum.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

------------------------

He's been told that at least 40 times. It messes up his mantra to acknowledge the truth.

That's what happens when you take all your talking points from the Florida RNC.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

------------------------

As you know, that is not true.

PLEASE share with us why the United Nations has not done such a "study" in over TWELVE YEARS?

While you're bewildered, PLEASE share with us the EIGHT CRITERIA used in that evaluation and HOW MANY are directly related to HEALTH CARE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum