Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No more twinkies

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No more twinkies Empty No more twinkies 11/16/2012, 11:11 am

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20115859/hostess-going-out-of-business-nearly-18000-to-be-laid-off

2No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/16/2012, 11:29 am

The golden goose will be the main course tonight.

3No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/16/2012, 1:14 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I read the news this morning.....

I wasn't addicted to Twinkies, but I have enjoyed sweet treats my whole life.

I do a little freelance writing at the Fiverr.com website for fun (it has put over $600 in my PayPal account since Oct 2010). One of my repeat clients is a guy who has me research and write on health issues. His most recent order was to have me write on the health effects of consuming sugar, using this article as my main reference:

Is Sugar Toxic?

I eat candy every day and have Hershey bars and a bag of spice drops in the drawer next to my work-station. After reading this article and writing this paper, I may do my damndest to swear-off sweets/refined sugar. I was real tempted to reach for a piece of chocolate after dinner last night, and I did not go for it. We will see how long it lasts.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/16/2012, 6:25 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Unions sucking a company dry until it fails. Is that part of their plan?

Union members that lost their jobs should be ineligible for food stamps.

5No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/18/2012, 12:03 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I read the news this morning.....

I wasn't addicted to Twinkies, but I have enjoyed sweet treats my whole life.

I do a little freelance writing at the Fiverr.com website for fun (it has put over $600 in my PayPal account since Oct 2010). One of my repeat clients is a guy who has me research and write on health issues. His most recent order was to have me write on the health effects of consuming sugar, using this article as my main reference:

Is Sugar Toxic?

I eat candy every day and have Hershey bars and a bag of spice drops in the drawer next to my work-station. After reading this article and writing this paper, I may do my damndest to swear-off sweets/refined sugar. I was real tempted to reach for a piece of chocolate after dinner last night, and I did not go for it. We will see how long it lasts.

Is it toxic? I have a sweet tooth.

6No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/18/2012, 12:49 pm

2seaoat

First, if anybody thinks twinkies and ding dongs are going away.....they are buying into the propoganda you are being fed. The company is in bankruptcy. This is plan and simple union busting, and the company is using the bankruptcy court to shed contracts and people, and they will emerge from bankruptcy lean and mean with your twinkie coming to you as they always have.......bet on it.......profits will be back to record levels, creditors will be paid, and people will be rehired, and they will make indentured servant wages as the transformation of America from the land of the free and brave to the land of the exploited....but you will have your ding dongs.

7No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/18/2012, 1:47 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Is it toxic? I have a sweet tooth.

No one has a bigger sweet tooth than I do, and the lecture in the video below changed my life this week. It is an hour and 29 miniutes, but well worth the time. This video has had more than 2.5 million views since it was posted on YouTube in July of 2009.

I am now pretty cetain that my high blood pressure, high LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, and high triglycerides were attributable to my sugar intake; not my fat intake. My triglycerides dropped to high within the normal range about 4 years ago, and now I know that this was due to me giving up daily Coca-cola. We'll see if me giving up most of my other sugar helps bring these other things in range without me using meds.

I have not had a piece of candy in 3 days, and for me this is a miracle. The cravings come and go, but I read yesterday that sugar is as addictive as cocaine is. I am not giving it all up in total, but will from here on out greatly moderate my sugar intake.

8No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/19/2012, 3:26 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:Unions sucking a company dry until it fails. Is that part of their plan?

Are you nuts? Nobody EATS that garbage anymore.

9No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/19/2012, 3:29 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

No more twinkies 00_lab10

10No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/19/2012, 3:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Z, try TRUVIA, made from the stevia plant. Also, I like unrefined sugar (SUGAR IN THE RAW) and honey. And did you know that dark chocolate is good for your heart? A few simple changes can make a big difference.

11No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/19/2012, 3:53 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:Z, try TRUVIA, made from the stevia plant. Also, I like unrefined sugar (SUGAR IN THE RAW) and honey. And did you know that dark chocolate is good for your heart? A few simple changes can make a big difference.

No, I will not consume any artificial sweetener, including stevia. I am going to indulge in sugar once in awhile. I am just not going to do it in large quantities, an not daily, as before. I have a giant-size Hershey bar a bag of Publix spice drops in a drawer next to my desk, and I have not touched any of it since I watched that video last Thursday.

Even raw-sugar contains fructose, which is poison, according to Dr. Robert Lustig (the lecturer in that video). I will from here on out consume candy like I do beer (which I love)-occasionally, and in small quantities.

12No more twinkies Empty Re: No more twinkies 11/19/2012, 4:16 pm

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:Unions sucking a company dry until it fails. Is that part of their plan?

So, the smart money guys loaded Hostess up with debt, failed either to competently market pre-existing products or develop new ones, made poor decisions that stymied growth, gave themselves obscene raises, demanded (and got) wage cuts from employees the first time they went into bankruptcy, stole from employees’ self-funded pensions, and were already in bankruptcy AGAIN when the strikes started, and it's the union's fault because they wanted a living wage?

Sounds about right.

It's the new American way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum