Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jindal rejects Romney claim ( uh oh Jindal ,you'll be blackballed now)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14/bobby-jindal-mitt-romney-gifts_n_2133578.html?ref=topbar

Nekochan

Nekochan

I like Jindal. I wish Romney had won, but I sure do like Jindal.

Nekochan wrote:I like Jindal. I wish Romney had won, but I sure do like Jindal.

Anything that Gov Romney says like this will certainly only portray him as a sore loser...The larger issue is that this is the second moderate republican nominee that has gotten beat in the last two presidential elections...

knothead

knothead

newswatcher wrote:

Anything that Gov Romney says like this will certainly only portray him as a sore loser...The larger issue is that this is the second moderate republican nominee that has gotten beat in the last two presidential elections...

If you are implying that a true dyed in the wool conservative were to have been the GOP flag bearer I think you are misreading the sentiments of America's citizens. They have grown weary of the non stop conflagration and argumentative tone and more importantly the message . . . . people cannot connect with the views of El Rushbo and Hannity. If they become more conservative they will eventually become extinct.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Naturally there is a lot of introspection going on in GOP circles after another defeat. They proved that they are not in touch with the voters. They have been tone deaf and have insulted women and every non-white group in the country and are now puzzling over why this technique didn't work out so well!

I mean, if they can't see the error of their ways after this election then they may as well just continue to listen to their own echo chamber propaganda and live in lala land. It remains to be seen if there are brave leaders in the conservative movement who are willing to tell them what happened. Hating the man in the White House is not a plan for the future. Are they going to change their ways or continue to fade away?

If the other candidate had only run on the idea of cutting govt size and scope and a sound currency...

It still would have been considered lala land and radical and extremist. The left don't even pretend there is a problem.

Did you see Sal's post saying just that? Reality doesn't disappear just because its unpopular or you close your eyes.

knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

If you are implying that a true dyed in the wool conservative were to have been the GOP flag bearer I think you are misreading the sentiments of America's citizens. They have grown weary of the non stop conflagration and argumentative tone and more importantly the message . . . . people cannot connect with the views of El Rushbo and Hannity. If they become more conservative they will eventually become extinct.

Exactly! At least conservatives like Jindal and Christy realize this and are pulling away from the all the hate rhetoric. I applaud them for having some common sense and rejecting all the divisiness the republicans are still trying to interject after losing so bad. Jindal is right-they need to stop being the "party of stupid."

Dreamsglore wrote:
knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Exactly! At least conservatives like Jindal and Christy realize this and are pulling away from the all the hate rhetoric. I applaud them for having some common sense and rejecting all the divisiness the republicans are still trying to interject after losing so bad. Jindal is right-they need to stop being the "party of stupid."

The repubs will start moving to the center and far right screechers like those talking heads will have less and less influence - just like the tea pees. Now if far, far left loons like you would move more to the center perhaps meaningful dialogue would occur.

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola

Jindal and Christie are the NEW Republicans who can bring the party back to the center

I think the GOP started losing touch after 1994. Remember the Contract with America? They promised things like term limits and a federal law on districting. Those are things I supported. Sadly, the only piece of legislation that was actually enacted was the pay as you go law (later killed by W Bush). I'd love to see a compromise from the current leaders with increased taxes on the wealthy, simplifying the tax code, and pay as you go law. It's yet to be seen if the GOP can come back to the center

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum