Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weather Modification

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Weather Modification Empty Weather Modification 11/10/2012, 10:05 am

I am going to present some data, you can argue for or against. But if you wish to participate in a reasonable debate without humiliation then participate. Bring your evidence for or against. Just calling names is not acceptable.

I would like to put forth my arguement that weather modification is real and happens every day. My first task is to offer proof it exist.

-------------------------------------------------------

Extended Abstract (340K) https://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/88063.pdf

Recorded presentation http://ams.confex.com/ams/Annual2005/wrfredirect.cgi?id=2877

source: http://ams.confex.com/ams/Annual2005/techprogram/paper_88063.htm-----------
16th Conference on Planned and Inadvertent Weather Modification

Session 4
Planned weather modification including promising new technologies such as the recent hygroscopic and winter orographic seeding experiments and evaluation methods for seeding experiments
Organizers: William L. Woodley, Woodley Weather Consultants, Littleton, CO; Darin W. Langerud, North Dakota Atmospheric Resource Board, Bismarck, ND

8:30 AM 4.1 The Santa Barbara Cloud Seeding Project in Coastal Southern California, Operations and Research Spanning More Than 50 Years
Don A. Griffith, North America Weather Consultants, Sandy, UT; and M. E. Solak, R. B. Almy, and D. Gibbs
8:45 AM 4.2 Observations of rime icing in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah: implications regarding winter season cloud seeding
Mark E. Solak, North American Weather Consultants, Sandy, UT; and D. P. Yorty and D. A. Griffith
9:00 AM 4.3 The search for the optimal size of hygroscopic seeding particles
Ronen Lahav, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel; and D. Rosenfeld
9:15 AM 4.4 Precipitation Evaluation of the North Dakota Cloud Modification Project (NDCMP) using the ND ARBCON Precipitation Data
Paul A. Kucera, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND; and E. Wise
9:30 AM 4.5 The Snowy Precipitation Enhancement Research Program
Mark F. Heggli, Innovative Hydrology, Auburn, CA; and B. Dunn, A. W. Huggins, J. Denholm, L. Angri, and T. Luker
9:45 AM 4.6 Artificial Atmospheric Ionization: A Potential Window for Weather Modification
Phillip Kauffman, Ionogenics Corp., Bedford, MA; and A. Ruiz-Columbié

Tuesday, 11 January 2005: 8:30 AM-10:00 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and to try and explain it to those who need a more elemetary visual assistance.. I offer this as a entry level course.

Whaddaya say

2Weather Modification Empty Re: Weather Modification 11/10/2012, 11:32 am

The Weather Modification Roller Coaster

In 1960, Simpson was a full Professor at the University of California Los Angeles, where she designed and taught graduate classes, and wrote two books. She also “computerized” her cloud model and began looking for ways to test it. Simpson realized that cloud seeding experiments would be a good way to test how well the model she had developed described how clouds really behaved. Since the late 1940s, scientists had known that silver iodide introduced into a cloud with super-cooled water droplets led to the formation of ice crystals. But by the 1960s, no one had figured out exactly how clouds behaved after being seeded. Simpson’s model predicted that the large amount of latent heat released as the cloud’s water droplets changed to ice would, under certain conditions, cause a cloud to grow much taller and to more than double in size compared to an unseeded cloud.

--

Simpson had tried to leave weather modification behind, but a young co-worker, Bill Woodley, found that the seeded clouds in Simpson’s experiment rained about twice as much as the controls. NOAA management got on the weather modification wagon again. They wanted the Experimental Meteorology Laboratory to show that the rainfall over a large area in south Florida could be increased by seeding. This was the beginning of a project called FACE (the Florida Area Cumulus Experiment

----

Luckily Simpson had been in touch with Dave Atlas, who at the time was putting together a new Laboratory for Atmospheres at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. “He’d been going at it for about a year or so, and I asked him if he had any jobs left. He said, ’The Severe Storms Branch needs leadership, please come tomorrow morning.’” A one-year leave from the University extended into two, and in the end Simpson decided that Goddard was a far more favorable environment in which to work. Simpson counts the choice as the best career decision she ever made.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Simpson/simpson5.php

Now where are all the poeple who say people who think weather modification makes you crazy?

3Weather Modification Empty Re: Weather Modification 11/10/2012, 2:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Of course attempts at weather modication do indeed exist, Chrissy. We all know that.
What was at issue is your claim that Hurricane Sandy was "man-made".
There's a HUGE difference.

4Weather Modification Empty Re: Weather Modification 11/10/2012, 2:40 pm

Bob wrote:Of course attempts at weather modication do indeed exist, Chrissy. We all know that.
What was at issue is your claim that Hurricane Sandy was "man-made".
There's a HUGE difference.

sandy was modified

there is no difference

I know the signs of on that is and isnt.

I see daily which is and not

earth science is my love, i would have gone into that had it not been for my father

sorry for you and the others if you live in a world that is a lie

its more than just one huricane

its manipulation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum