Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This story tugged at my heart strings. I hope it does yours too.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

be sure and play the news video

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/AJ-McCarrons-Mom-Fights-Back-Over-Racist-Comments/nj4jYyy4tUav9V329GkqFA.cspx

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Maybe Obama can bring us all closer together in these next 4 years...

Bob wrote:be sure and play the news video

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/AJ-McCarrons-Mom-Fights-Back-Over-Racist-Comments/nj4jYyy4tUav9V329GkqFA.cspx

Some people are still living in the hate of the last century. True prejudice will never die, but it will taper off with future generations.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

teo, there's more to life than obama and politics. this has nothing whatever to do with any of that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

in the spirit of being sick and tired of hearing about politics, here's another one that will give you a good feeling about people and the country we live in.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40153870/vp/49766672#49766672

or maybe it won't i don't know. maybe all we care about anymore is hating obama or hating romney and being obsessed with that damn useless politics.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This story tugged at my heart strings.  I hope it does yours too. 08_1n010

Yeah too bad FEMA was pretty much worthless...guess if Obama had lost we could blame Romney but since he won Obama is the man....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Is it even possible for you to think about anything that doesn't involve obama?
You used to be enthused about other things. Like karaoke for instance. but lately you seem to have no interests at all except obama and conspiracy.
It's not cold tonight. Walk outside and enjoy the evening. Look at the stars.
Listen to the nightime sounds. Breath the fresh air. And stop obsessing on obama and conspiracy for just a little while. It'll do you a world of good, I promise.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oh Bob I am giving you a helping of your own favorite stew....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As for me it's now 9PM and time to start listening to Alex Jones. lol

Bluebonnet

Recently I walked into my son's high school to see the usual picture of teenagers grouped together before school chatting, laughing and having an all around good time before Calculus and Chemistry classed started. On the way out the door was a single girl, arms wrapped tightly around her books, barely inside the door. She was of Indian or Pakistani descent, a bit homely with long unruly hair and glasses. I caught her eye and gave her a big smile, said hello and moved quickly along out the door and on my way. She has haunted me ever since. The cruelty of the pecking order never changes and I have been struggling with how to help this girl....

Yomama wrote:
Bob wrote:be sure and play the news video

Some people are still living in the hate of the last century. True prejudice will never die, but it will taper off with future generations.

I would like to think you are correct but we live in a society that perpetuates racism, bigotry and prejudice by setting different standards, rules, acceptable tolerances depending on race, gender, or social class. We like to pretend and believe we treat everyone equal but that just an excuse our society uses to ignore the truth.

alecto wrote:I would like to think you are correct but we live in a society that perpetuates racism, bigotry and prejudice by setting different standards, rules, acceptable tolerances depending on race, gender, or social class. We like to pretend and believe we treat everyone equal but that just an excuse our society uses to ignore the truth.

This story tugged at my heart strings.  I hope it does yours too. 2Q==

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqgjCKm9nQ

Smile

Soleil wrote:Recently I walked into my son's high school to see the usual picture of teenagers grouped together before school chatting, laughing and having an all around good time before Calculus and Chemistry classed started. On the way out the door was a single girl, arms wrapped tightly around her books, barely inside the door. She was of Indian or Pakistani descent, a bit homely with long unruly hair and glasses. I caught her eye and gave her a big smile, said hello and moved quickly along out the door and on my way. She has haunted me ever since. The cruelty of the pecking order never changes and I have been struggling with how to help this girl....

You can't really help her. High school is the best time of your life if you're beautiful or the worst if you're not so.The unbeautiful just hope it gets over w/ quickly and go on hopefully to have a better life. My daughter was tall, beautiful and the belle of her class w/ tons of friends,homecoming court and all that. My son was reserved, intelligent and nerdy-goodlooking but less social. High school was agony for him. He would never want to go back there again. My daughter is still the same as is my granddaughter who is a Jr. now.I look back and see none of it ever really changes. Life is unfair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum