Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ron Paul says US is a goner.....over the cliff

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/nov/8/ron-paul-election-shows-us-far-gone/

Rep. Ron Paul, whose maverick presidential bids shook the GOP, said in the wake of this week's elections that the country has already veered over the fiscal cliff and he sees no chance of righting ship in a country where too many people are dependent on government.

"We're so far gone. We're over the cliff," the Texas Republican told Bloomberg Television's "In the Loop" program. "We cannot get enough people in Congress in the next 5-10 years who will do wise things

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He's probably right. But unfortunately he was just a little too nerdy acting to be able to convince enough people so it was all for naught.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

yes America is a cult of personality...

4Ron Paul says US is a goner.....over the cliff Empty humbug..... 11/9/2012, 10:29 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 11/9/2012, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:yes America is a cult of personality...
No doubt about it.

I know you think Abe Lincoln is one of the most evil characters in all history.
But just for the sake of argument let's pretend that you have the same reverence for him as the collective.
Everything I've ever learned about Lincoln tells me he would have never worked in the modern world. He was nerdy looking and had a weird voice not unlike Ron Paul.
If he was in one of today's televised debates they would quickly laugh him out of politics.
That's just the way it's become. These spokesmen for ideas have to be telegenic now.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well at least Mitt got his handsome ass kicked...I don't like Obama but I despised NeoRomney...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well at least Mitt got his handsome ass kicked...I don't like Obama but I despised NeoRomney...
But you're missing the point. Yes Romney got beat but he got 100 million votes.
On the other hand, Ron Paul is just a footnote to it all. That's all I'm saying.
I'm not making any judgement on his ideas (fer or agin) by pointing this out. He just did not have the demeanor to win over the tv reality show and that's how it works now.
Maybe somebody with his ideas will be able to do that someday. But it's not gonna be him.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well at least Mitt got his handsome ass kicked...I don't like Obama but I despised NeoRomney...
But you're missing the point. Yes Romney got beat but he got 100 million votes.
On the other hand, Ron Paul is just a footnote to it all. That's all I'm saying.
I'm not making any judgement on his ideas (fer or agin) by pointing this out. He just did not have the demeanor to win over the tv reality show and that's how it works now.

No Bob i didn't miss the point..it was too obvious to miss and too glaring to even comment on....why tell you a light is on unless you are blind ?

perhaps you missed the point that we live in a very controlled system and Ron Paul was marginalized by that system not because of his message.

You had chocolate and vanilla on the menu and strawberry wasn't offered so yeah half got vanilla...

Remember the cry of the pickers of the lesser evil..a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama...

I wonder how big the debt and liabilities and handouts can get before our system defaults and no one gets anything?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I wonder how big the debt and liabilities and handouts can get before our system defaults and no one gets anything?
You can get an idea about that from seeing what forced "austerity" is doing to Greece.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

With Ron Paul, it's most definitely NOT about appearance, at least for me. I appreciate that he's recognized and tried to address the unsustainable nature of our economic situation, and I agree with him on some aspects of that. But he lost me completely when he, as a physician, took the extreme anti-abortion view of the R's as a part of his platform. And, as Z & I discussed, he proposed to take a chainsaw instead of a scalpel to the government, which I believe would have led to an even deeper recession.

That said, it was a complete travesty what the R's did to Ron Paul.

If you had read beyond the headline of Paul's positions you would know that he advocates no federal or govt involvement.

He does not support the govt enforcing anyones personal beliefs.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:If you had read beyond the headline of Paul's positions you would know that he advocates no federal or govt involvement.

He does not support the govt enforcing anyones personal beliefs.

Does he support the government protecting the public from unbridled capitalism, unfettered greed and an entitlement mentality by the 1%?

There is nothing wrong with the govt acting as an unbiased arbiter... there has always been a means to seek redress.

PkrBum wrote:I wonder how big the debt and liabilities and handouts can get before our system defaults and no one gets anything?

Ron Paul says US is a goner.....over the cliff 9k=

Don't worry about it. It's only...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dviRygPGng

Smile

...and the Feds can always print more.

Bob wrote:
You can get an idea about that from seeing what forced "austerity" is doing to Greece.

Ron Paul says US is a goner.....over the cliff 9k=

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmtaFq0kvQ

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum