Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Matthews on Obama win: 'I'm so glad we had that storm'

+3
othershoe1030
polecat
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

To all the millions of victims of superstorm Sandy, Chris Matthews has a message: "I'm so glad."

The MSNBC host, on a panel of pro-Obama pundits including Rachel Maddow, ended election coverage overnight by saying he's "glad" the storm hit, suggesting it served a greater good by boosting President Obama to a second term.

"I'm so glad we had that storm last week," Matthews said, after interjecting to give some final thoughts. Somebody off-screen could be heard saying "ooo" at that remark, but Matthews confidently put his hand up to explain.

"No, politically I should say -- not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/07/chris-matthews-on-obama-win-o-glad-hurricane-sandy-struck/#ixzz2BZCYHhul

See, its ok that storm happened. Good storm.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If he really said that, he may be somebody who can even give Donald Trump a run for his money in a diarrea of the mouth contest.

polecat

polecat

It was not the storm that won it for BHO, It was who the republicans sent up to the plate... Mitt Rommy.

polecat wrote:It was not the storm that won it for BHO, It was who the republicans sent up to the plate... Mitt Rommy.

Obviously you miss the point but never mind....

polecat

polecat

The point being some TV talking head shooting his mouth off...
real important stuff.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Matthews just opened his show with a very heart felt apology for those words last night. He really sounds sincere and will try to make up for it. He said it was inexcusable to forget the pain and suffering of the people in the storm's path. He said he should have said that people should be happy to see politicians of both parties working together, that that's what they want their elected officials to do.

othershoe1030 wrote:Matthews just opened his show with a very heart felt apology for those words last night. He really sounds sincere and will try to make up for it. He said it was inexcusable to forget the pain and suffering of the people in the storm's path. He said he should have said that people should be happy to see politicians of both parties working together, that that's what they want their elected officials to do.

Oh please he isn't sorry one bit. He was perfectly content saying that and meant it. He was glad a crisis happened so it would boost Obamas numbers.

There is no excuse for this. He was so excited he let his true thoughts slip.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As usual there is nothing that will change minds once they are made up. I didn't see his original statement but I did see the apology and it looked very sincere to me. That's my opinion. You are welcome to yours.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Matthews is such a tool.

But, he gets the liberal pass. Typical.

You can damn well bet that if Rush, Hannity, Beck or any other conservative spinning head had said that about a republican candidate the liberal media would be on it for weeks on end.

Like talking to a brick wall. Rolling Eyes

Sal

Sal

Tweety is an idiot.

Who gives a shit what he says?

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Matthews just opened his show with a very heart felt apology for those words last night. He really sounds sincere and will try to make up for it. He said it was inexcusable to forget the pain and suffering of the people in the storm's path. He said he should have said that people should be happy to see politicians of both parties working together, that that's what they want their elected officials to do.

He's an actor. He's paid to look sincere.

Remember what they say, once you get past faking sincerity, you've got it made.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:As usual there is nothing that will change minds once they are made up. I didn't see his original statement but I did see the apology and it looked very sincere to me. That's my opinion. You are welcome to yours.

Facts and truth change minds for reasonable people. Then there are Progressives for which facts and truth are immaterial, unimportant and immaterial. It is how they FEEL which is all that matters.

polecat

polecat

He apologized last night for what he said...
something you will never see on bill o'reilly's show

VectorMan

VectorMan

polecat wrote:He apologized last night for what he said...

Just google Chris Mathews quotes. Look at how extreme some of them are. Then see how many he "apologized" for.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

VectorMan wrote:

Just google Chris Mathews quotes. Look at how extreme some of them are. Then see how many he "apologized" for.

Ah, come on, Vector! He's mainstream and therefore must be unbiased...right? Evil or Very Mad

stormwatch89 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Ah, come on, Vector! He's mainstream and therefore must be unbiased...right? Evil or Very Mad

I tell you there is something terribly wrong with the media the way they are. Thy have to much power over the masses. People on the right need to do what the left does when stuff like this happens. we need to boycott all their advertisers till they rid the show of him for this.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

BigBustedStripper wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

I tell you there is something terribly wrong with the media the way they are. Thy have to much power over the masses. People on the right need to do what the left does when stuff like this happens. we need to boycott all their advertisers till they rid the show of him for this.

Not a bad idea, girl, but it goes so deep. Every movie we watch, every day we're hit with this hyperbole that it takes a bit of independent thinking to break from it.

Not many have thought processes left, some never have had them, yet, they have the right to vote.

Wasn't there a world war over this issue?

stormwatch89 wrote:
BigBustedStripper wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Not a bad idea, girl, but it goes so deep. Every movie we watch, every day we're hit with this hyperbole that it takes a bit of independent thinking to break from it.

Not many have thought processes left, some never have had them, yet, they have the right to vote.

Wasn't there a world war over this issue?

I dont know about a world war, I suck at history. but it seems to me that we better at least try and wake up and do something. Those tactics have been working well for the left. And where I come from if you see a way that is working better than the way you are doing it, you benchmark it, tie your brand to it and roll it out.

So we need to promote our kids to go into media, to become teachers. You knwo where im going. Yes it will take a long time, but the method as we can see has also taken a long time, but it has worked. And its going to take a long time to change it, specially now because weve stayed quiet and comfy for far too long. Time to get in the streets and protest, boycott things like this, make sure as good as we can that our dollars go to people and bussineses we can relate to. Like i have sworn off walmart. I will not ever shop at walmart for as long as I live because they supported that liberal think tank group that george soros does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum