Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lazy Mans guide to Enlightened.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lazy Mans guide to Enlightened. Empty Lazy Mans guide to Enlightened. 11/5/2012, 9:11 pm

I found this to be helpful when I was under a lot stress while I was dodging the Draft. It is free. It is a good read. Peace out.
http://enlightenment4u.org/Ebooks/Enlightenment.pdf
The Foreward..............link..
I am a lazy man. Laziness keeps me from believing that enlightenment demands effort, discipline, strict
diet, non-smoking, and other evidences of virtue. That's about the worst heresy I could propose, but I
have to be honest before I can be reverent. I am doing the work of writing this book to save myself the
trouble of talking about it.
There is an odd chance that this is what someone needs to read in order to feel better about himself. If
you are a kind person and want to know what to expect when enlightenment strikes and why it comes
to you, with or without psychedelic help, this is for you.
These are the rules of the game as I see them. I realize that many of us are opening up very fast these
days, and one of the most common delusions we face is the belief that our sense of revelation is unique.
The feeling of knowing the truth is not enough. My intention is not to pretend final truth, but to suggest
certain simple attitudes that will work for anybody and stay with you in the most extreme freak-out or
space-out, even when your mind is completely blown. These attitudes are so simple that I'm
surrounding them with a picture of the universe to show why they work even when you don't believe
they will.
The universe is so vast and complex that if we needed books like this to become enlightened, we'd
never make it. But on the other hand the universe is so simple in design that there's no reason for
anyone to be puzzled or unhappy. It's easy to control your existence, no matter how complicated it
looks. I've abandoned the idea of writing this a number of times, on the ground that people didn't know
it because they didn't want to. But in the end there is no more reason for not writing it than there is for
writing it.
I am writing what I will want to read someday when I am stuck in a weird place. Several times on
bummers I've thought: What could I say to someone in this state of mind that would mean anything?
That's the kind of testing this information has had. There isn't a line in this book that is there just
because it sounds beautiful. The information is practical and reliable. It has taken me and others safely
through some extreme states of mind, and can be reduced to a few phrases that are simple enough to
recall in any crisis.
The first chapter begins with a briefly stated idea about how the universe is made, and the rest of the
book discusses our lives from that viewpoint. It is a far-reaching idea, extending into every field of
knowledge, and since it took me many years to get it straight, I cannot expect that anyone else should
casually accept it. All I can do is ask that you play the idea game, see where it leads, and check it out
against what you know. What has to be true for the universe to look to us as it does? Is there a credible
bridge between matter and spirit? Like many people, I wrestled with such concerns for years, and this
book contains some of the conclusions. Perhaps these conclusions will be meaningful to you only if
you follow your own process of checking and proving. If so, the first chapter contains all you will need
to keep you busy for a long time. On the other hand, if all you want is a handy trip guide, you'll find
that, too.
I'm really not expecting anyone to take these sentences and expand them again into a feeling of
realization. But if one of you whom I never hear about gets a little higher and happier, then I would
write all this again a thousand times over. I hope you find the vibrations pleasanthttp://enlightenment4u.org/Ebooks/Enlightenment.pdf

Thanks, hg. I'm in the middle of reading this from you having sent it to me earlier. Some of the language is... uhh, a little tough for me to get through, but I can read between the lines to the message/s. And, I ordered one copy of the book you suggested for myself and another for delivery to a friend to whom it also is applicable.

Thanks again, hg. You're the best! I love you

http://www.thaddeusgolas.com/ More if anyone is intrested.

http://www.thaddeusgolas.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum