Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bama vs LSU

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bama vs LSU Empty Bama vs LSU 11/3/2012, 10:54 pm

2seaoat

Either these are two great teams who have stymied each other, or I am not too impressed with either of these teams. The Alabama fumble inside the 15 yard line just looked sloppy....not like a national champion team.

2Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/3/2012, 10:59 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Either these are two great teams who have stymied each other, or I am not too impressed with either of these teams.

The former.

3Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/3/2012, 11:49 pm

Sal

Sal

Wow!

4Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 12:13 am

2seaoat

I really think neither of these teams will be national champions. I may be wrong because last year their first meeting was also not as impressive as the championship game, but Alabama simply did not look good for the majority of this game......however this post season system is whacked.....so I guess Alabama will be one of the teams. I hope Notre Dame gets beat so a real football team can play Bama.

5Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 12:24 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I really think neither of these teams will be national champions. I may be wrong because last year their first meeting was also not as impressive as the championship game, but Alabama simply did not look good for the majority of this game......however this post season system is whacked.....so I guess Alabama will be one of the teams. I hope Notre Dame gets beat so a real football team can play Bama.

Notre Dame is a pretender.

It'll be Alabama's defense versus Oregon's offense for the national championship.

6Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 12:26 am

surfnrg

surfnrg

salinsky wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I really think neither of these teams will be national champions. I may be wrong because last year their first meeting was also not as impressive as the championship game, but Alabama simply did not look good for the majority of this game......however this post season system is whacked.....so I guess Alabama will be one of the teams. I hope Notre Dame gets beat so a real football team can play Bama.

It'll be Alabama's defense versus Oregon's offense for the national championship.

HAHAHAH TONIGHT was the national championship game period. The only other teams would be Georgia or Florida. RTR!!!!!

7Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 10:18 am

salinsky wrote:

I think it will be Alabama against Kansas State. Oregon, IMO, will leap ahead of ND in the BCS tonight, but I do not believe they will take the #2 spot away from K-State. Of course the Ducks will be in a BCS Bowl, just not the BCS Championship Bowl Game.

8Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 11:01 am

2seaoat

K-state lost Klein, and they have not disclosed the nature of his injury. Without the Heisman candidate K-State is not the same team. Ohio State and Notre Dame are pretenders, and as much as I hate to say this, it will be Alabama and Oregon in the Championship Game. Oregon will dominate Alabama. LSU exposed that a team can easily move the ball in the air against Alabama.

9Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 11:12 am

2seaoat wrote:K-state lost Klein, and they have not disclosed the nature of his injury. Without the Heisman candidate K-State is not the same team. Ohio State and Notre Dame are pretenders, and as much as I hate to say this, it will be Alabama and Oregon in the Championship Game. Oregon will dominate Alabama. LSU exposed that a team can easily move the ball in the air against Alabama.

I was not aware of K-States lose of Klein, but you are certainly right, they are a completely different team without him. Ohio State as you well know is not eligible for a bowl game and that is why they are not even listed in the BCS rankings. I still believe that K-State is going to have to lose in order to put the Ducks in the #2 position. Of course a lose is quite possible since KSU still has TCU and Texas on their schedule.

Oregon's passing is rated 76th in the FBS while their rushing games is #2.

10Bama vs LSU Empty what was exposed 11/4/2012, 12:03 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

What was exposed last night was a team that when all the chips were down pulled out a victory against their now biggest SEC rival and a powerhouse at that.

It was a clutch victory, and only through that type of adversity does a team build character.

Sorry oats Oregon vs. Alabama. RTR all the way Very Happy

11Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 12:13 pm

2seaoat

Sorry oats Oregon vs. Alabama. RTR all the way Very Happy

If Auburn pulls a surprise in the Iron Bowl......I guess I do not drink anymore......so I must be smoking something........but I will be a happy camper seeing another Utah/Alabama game.

12Bama vs LSU Empty iron or not to iron 11/4/2012, 1:01 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

I have no concerns for the Iron Bowl, however any SEC championship game could be tough.

MOST ESPECIALLY if it is the Gators!! (my old alma mater)

13Bama vs LSU Empty RTR 11/4/2012, 3:16 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

2seaoat wrote:K-state lost Klein, and they have not disclosed the nature of his injury. Without the Heisman candidate K-State is not the same team. Ohio State and Notre Dame are pretenders, and as much as I hate to say this, it will be Alabama and Oregon in the Championship Game. Oregon will dominate Alabama. LSU exposed that a team can easily move the ball in the air against Alabama.

everyone who plays bama has to deal with yeldon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q54Fhny7COw

14Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/4/2012, 4:03 pm

Oregon's defense was also laid bare last night with USC putting up 51 points on the the Ducks defense. Barkley shredded the Oregon defense for 5 TDs and 484 yards passing. USC total offense was 615 yards.

15Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 9:07 am

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Oregon's defense was also laid bare last night with USC putting up 51 points on the the Ducks defense. Barkley shredded the Oregon defense for 5 TDs and 484 yards passing. USC total offense was 615 yards.

Barkley is a better Qb than McCarron by far so that is a poor analogy. McCarron has never thrown for 400 yards in a game ever. LSU and Bama is a grudge match of epic proportions. Bama's defense should shut down Oregon, but hey, we will see and that is why they play the game, right?

16Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 11:19 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Alabama got real lucky.

17Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 11:39 am

2seaoat

Alabama got real lucky.

I agree. They certainly did not look like the better of the two teams based on third down conversions. In the end, they won.

18Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 12:11 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Barkley is a better Qb than McCarron by far so that is a poor analogy. McCarron has never thrown for 400 yards in a game ever. LSU and Bama is a grudge match of epic proportions. Bama's defense should shut down Oregon, but hey, we will see and that is why they play the game, right?

You are right, but aren't you all putting the cart before the horse. As it stands right now Oregon would have to leap K-State in the in the polls. Oregon may be better that KSU, but it is where they are in the BCS poll that matters.

Hopefully next year with the 4 team playoff it will be a little better.

19Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 4:42 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Joanimaroni wrote:
Alabama got real lucky.

First Alabama played very poorly with a lot of mistakes but they were also playing LSU. I don't care how they rate KState or Oregon they are not playing in the SEC sorry but they just aren't and I am not sure they could beat LSU either.

In the end Alabama won, proving they are still the best team in the rankings. If you watch the last drive by Bama there was nothing lucky about it.

If Yeldon lives up to his credentials BETTER THAN MARK INGRAM wow that is saying something. If you watch his run after the screen yes he is faster and yes he cuts at full throttle. A true freshmen he could really be the difference maker in a BCS bowl game. And it does not hurt to be playing next to either.

Luck no I don't think so, but the Gators may have something to say about this also. They should beat Greorgia and may be a tad "underrated".

20Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 4:43 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Joanimaroni wrote:
Alabama got real lucky.

First Alabama played very poorly with a lot of mistakes but they were also playing LSU. I don't care how they rate KState or Oregon they are not playing in the SEC sorry but they just aren't and I am not sure they could beat LSU either.

In the end Alabama won, proving they are still the best team in the rankings. If you watch the last drive by Bama there was nothing lucky about it.

If Yeldon lives up to his credentials BETTER THAN MARK INGRAM, BETTER THAN TRENT!! wow that is saying something. If you watch his run after the screen yes he is faster and yes he cuts at full throttle. A true freshmen he could really be the difference maker in a BCS bowl game. And it does not hurt to be playing next Lacey either.

Luck no I don't think so, but the Gators may have something to say about this also. They should beat Greorgia and may be a tad "underrated".

21Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 4:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

surfnrg wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Alabama got real lucky.

If Yeldon lives up to his credentials BETTER THAN MARK INGRAM, BETTER THAN TRENT!! wow that is saying something. If you watch his run after the screen yes he is faster and yes he cuts at full throttle. A true freshmen he could really be the difference maker in a BCS bowl game. And it does not hurt to be playing next Lacey either.

So sorry...I realize as a bama fan you would not see it as lucky. My prospective, given the way they played the first 3.5 quarters, they got real lucky.

22Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 5:29 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
surfnrg wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Alabama got real lucky.

So sorry...I realize as a bama fan you would not see it as lucky. My prospective, given the way they played the first 3.5 quarters, they got real lucky.

Joani, I am not an Alabama fan and I do not believe they were lucky. What I saw was a team that was down and an never give in attitude. It was not a single person effort, it was a team effort that brought them from the brink of disaster. That comeback reminded me of all the Peyton Manning led comebacks in his NFL career, including the one yesterday against the Bengals. What I saw was fortitude and pride on the part of the Crimson Tide Saturday night.

What I would like to know though is why fans are not castigating McCarron for crying after the winning touchdown when Tebow was vilified for doing the same thing?

23Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 6:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I'm a big Peyton fan.

24Bama vs LSU Empty Championship Metal 11/5/2012, 7:13 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Yep I'm a Bama fan.

But really every championship team faces a moment like Sat night. By not folding, and by rallying in the end Alabama showed their true metal. I think they face another hurdle in the SEC Championship Game. As I mentioned I expect it to be Florida, and they are by no means a pushover. If they get past Florida I don't expect any team out west to give Alabama a lot of trouble.

Hey but that's just me. Smile

25Bama vs LSU Empty Re: Bama vs LSU 11/5/2012, 8:19 pm

surfnrg wrote:Yep I'm a Bama fan.

But really every championship team faces a moment like Sat night. By not folding, and by rallying in the end Alabama showed their true metal. I think they face another hurdle in the SEC Championship Game. As I mentioned I expect it to be Florida, and they are by no means a pushover. If they get past Florida I don't expect any team out west to give Alabama a lot of trouble.

Hey but that's just me. Smile

Surf, unless Auburn beats Georgia this weekend(which is highly unlikely) Florida will not get a chance to play Alabama in the SEC Championship game. Georgia beat Florida on Oct 27th therefore Georgia controls their own destiny. They have one SEC game left and Florida is finished with conference schedule. Both have 1 lose but Florida's lose is to Georgia. But there again, you cannot rule out a 2-7 team with no conference wins which will make Auburn mighty determined. I'll be willing to bet that there will be a lot of Gators pulling for Auburn come Saturday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum