Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pole: 68% of registered republicans believe in demonic possession. Only 48% believe in climate change.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/02/poll_most_republicans_believe_in_demonic_possession/

Pole:  68% of registered republicans believe in demonic possession.  Only 48% believe in climate change. Christine-odonnell-e1347908043558-432x307

I believe they both have about the same likelihood.

Sal

Sal

After watching the entire clip that I posted under the "Stupid White Folks" heading, you should have no problem believing those percentages.

None at all.

Well count me out because I believe in neither.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Well count me out because I believe in neither.

Count you out??

No, no, no, count you in as one of the 52% science denialists.

Science? Lol... it's closer to political mysticism than science.

salinsky wrote:

Count you out??

I am a scientist and I beleive in climate change. But not MAN made climate change.

whats the point of this thread?

Last edited by Rogue on 11/2/2012, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

salinsky wrote:

Count you out??

Oh the cup half empty or half full theory. I do not deny all scientific fact, just scientific BS.

Sal

Sal

The fact is that there is a scientific consensus that global climate change is occurring and man is contributing to it.

Oh, I'm well aware that you can dig up some oil industry sponsored hack piece denying it, and you will gobble it up because you are denialists.

It's really not even worth arguing with people who believe in confidence fairies, tax cuts that magically pay for themselves, self-aware uteri, and an earth that is 6,000 years old. It's hardly surprising that they also deny a scientific consensus.

Perhaps they could tell us why the mile high glacier that covered our NE 10K years ago isn't there anymore?

pkr, the left has tried to confuse facts with fiction by changing what they are calling global warming now.

climate change IS NOT global warming but the dumbasses would want you to think that.

they are sneaky

global warming is and has aways been a scam.

climate change is a simple fact, the earth changes and sometimes it sucks.

salinsky wrote:The fact is that there is a scientific consensus that global climate change is occurring and man is contributing to it.

Oh, I'm well aware that you can dig up some oil industry sponsored hack piece denying it, and you will gobble it up because you are denialists.

It's really not even worth arguing with people who believe in confidence fairies, tax cuts that magically pay for themselves, self-aware uteri, and an earth that is 6,000 years old. It's hardly surprising that they also deny a scientific consensus.

There are more world renowned scientists that dispute the global warming claim than those that are proponents of it. If you haven't already done so may I suggest that you read The Deniers by Lawrence Solomon. It is a very good read.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:There are more world renowned scientists that dispute the global warming claim than those that are proponents of it. If you haven't already done so may I suggest that you read The Deniers by Lawrence Solomon. It is a very good read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed the current scientific opinion, in particular on recent global warming. These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) position of January 2001 which states:

An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities.[5]

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
There are more world renowned scientists that dispute the global warming claim than those that are proponents of it.

That's categorically false.

If you haven't already done so may I suggest that you read The Deniers by Lawrence Solomon. It is a very good read.

Solomon is a hack. He admits in his own book that the scientists he references are not deniers. They are quibbling about details which have yet to be settled, and dozens of them have complained that he misrepresented their findings.

P T Barnum would be gratified.

boards of FL wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:There are more world renowned scientists that dispute the global warming claim than those that are proponents of it. If you haven't already done so may I suggest that you read The Deniers by Lawrence Solomon. It is a very good read.

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed the current scientific opinion, in particular on recent global warming. These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) position of January 2001 which states:

An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities.[5]

It will be a cold day in hell before I take anything that wikipedia lists as factual. They have about as much integrity as snopes.com.

Ever wondered why the data they like to use starts at 1850 or skips to larger scales?

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/little_ice_age

There's also data that shows cooling since '98... no consensus yet.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have a background in science (BA/MS in Biology) and I have difficulty buying into the global warming hype. What I do not like is the move by global warming alarmists to try to legislate their agenda on the world's populace. Some are using global warming as an excuse to have the use of fossil fuels banned or curtailed in the near term. While I am a proponent of renewable energy--especially solar technology--the facts are, humanity needs fossil fuels to survive. The food you put on your table on a daily basis would not be there without fossil fuels. Therefore, it makes me believe there is a motive by the alarmists that goes beyond moving humanity off of fossil fuels, and that motive includes reducing the human population through mass starvation.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://www.salon.com/2012/11/02/poll_most_republicans_believe_in_demonic_possession/

Funny survey from a far left Progressive source and by a far left Progressive (PPP) polling company.

Worthless since it contains no methodology. No methodology means we have no idea how many were asked, what their political belief is nor what or how the questions were asked.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Markle

Markle

[quote="boards of FL"]

An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities

Really OLD information which has been totally debunked. Even the head of the organiation admits man made Global Warming is bunk.

As you know, Professor Phil Jones was the center of the Global Warming Scam at East Anglia University. Their program was considered the epitome of Global Warming Information. The disclosure of thousands of e-mails proving their efforts to conceal information discredit and even prevent opposing views from being published has wrecked the scam, hopefully forever. Data used by the United Nations IPCC findings came from EAU.

14th February, 2010

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing (it has now been disclosed that all the “raw data” was DUMPED!

There has been no global warming since 1995

Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be.

WHAT????

[…]

Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Phil Jones has said that he considered suicide for his part in this worldwide scam.

Let us also recall: The e-mails leaked in the fall of 2009 allow us to trace the machinations of a small but influential band of British and US climate scientists who played the lead role in the IPCC reports. It appears that this group, which controlled access to basic temperature data, was able to produce a "warming" by manipulating the analysis of the data, but refused to share information on the basic data or details of their analysis with independent scientists who requested them -- in violation of Freedom of Information laws. In fact, they went so far as to keep any dissenting views from being published -- by monopolizing the peer-review process, aided by ideologically cooperative editors of prestigious journals, like Science and Nature.

We learn from the e-mails that the ClimateGate gang was able to "hide the decline" [of global temperature] by applying what they termed as "tricks," and that they intimidated editors and forced out those judged to be "uncooperative." No doubt, thorough investigations, now in progress or planned, will disclose the full range of their nefarious activities. But it is clear that this small cabal was able to convince much of the world that climate disasters were impending -- unless drastic steps were taken. Not only were most of the media, public, and politicians misled, but so were many scientists, national academies of science, and professional organizations -- and even the Norwegian committee that awarded the 2007 Peace Prize to the IPCC and Al Gore, the chief apostle of climate alarmism.

Read more: http://tinyurl.com/yewj7xs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fa67A02t

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum