Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Could Not Have Happened To A Better Person...............

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

It's a good thing broadcast journalist Anderson Cooper still has his gig at CNN.

Warner Bros. has canceled his daytime talk show "Anderson Live" due to lukewarm ratings, according to People.com.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2012/10/anderson_coopers_talk_show_can.html

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Not having cable, I know virtually nothing about Anderson Cooper. Can one of you all please educate me so I can get in on the joke??

Razz

Sal

Sal

I don't get it either.

I don't watch him, but I gather he's a pretty non-controversial, middle-of-the-road cable news talking head.

Maybe they hate him now because he came out?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

riceme wrote:Not having cable, I know virtually nothing about Anderson Cooper. Can one of you all please educate me so I can get in on the joke??

Razz

Not sure if these will give you the total feel and I only watched him under "duress", but he was not ""inspirational" and certainly not "objective".

https://www.google.com/search?q=you+tube%2C+anderson+cooper%2C+anti+romney&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox

salinsky wrote:I don't get it either.

I don't watch him, but I gather he's a pretty non-controversial, middle-of-the-road cable news talking head.

That is almost literally the only thing I know about the man, that he recently came out... that, and that Kathy Griffin has made fun of him for years. My politics don't align very well with hers, but I think she's a riot. Hell, if I judged people based on how their politics aligned with mine, I would hardly like or enjoy anyone on the planet! LOL.

I could care less whether he came out or not, I just cannot tolerate his ideologies. Of course he is nothing more than a parrot for CNN.

Stormy, you are exactly right. not objective at all.

stormwatch89 wrote:
riceme wrote:Not having cable, I know virtually nothing about Anderson Cooper. Can one of you all please educate me so I can get in on the joke??

Razz

Not sure if these will give you the total feel and I only watched him under "duress", but he was not ""inspirational" and certainly not "objective".

https://www.google.com/search?q=you+tube%2C+anderson+cooper%2C+anti+romney&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox

I can't find any videos from the search link above that shows him being anything other than a consummate professional, and seemingly very objective. Can you give me a YouTube link?

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I could care less whether he came out or not, I just cannot tolerate his ideologies. Of course he is nothing more than a parrot for CNN.

Gotcha... I watched an interview w/McCain re: Benghazi and a couple others, but I think the way Google works is that the most popular videos are floated to the top.

I very strongly prefer to read my news, so I'm certainly not a good person to judge on this issue.

boards of FL

boards of FL

riceme wrote:I can't find any videos from the search link above that shows him being anything other than a consummate professional, and seemingly very objective. Can you give me a YouTube link?

That's because they are way off. Cooper is probably the best television journalist out there.

Last edited by boards of FL on 10/30/2012, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I'm willing to take your word for it. I just never knew he was in anyway controversial.

BTW, liberals hate CNN just as much as wingnuts. They did, after all, start all the tea party nonsense. Makes me wonder who watches that network.

Must be those non-thinking, toaster-headed, independents who still haven't decided for whom to vote.

I think he's pretty good too. Gloria Vanderbilt's son-rich guy.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

salinsky wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I'm willing to take your word for it. I just never knew he was in anyway controversial.

BTW, liberals hate CNN just as much as wingnuts. They did, after all, start all the tea party nonsense. Makes me wonder who watches that network.

Must be those non-thinking, toaster-headed, independents who still haven't decided for whom to vote.

I'm a liberal and I don't hate CNN. I think it's funny when the wing nuts call it the communist news network. Anything to the right of Attila the Hun is a Commie to them!!

I would definitely credit F news with the creation, incubation and promotion of the stupidest political movement of the early 21st century, the Tea Party.

Started out calling themselves the tea baggers until they discovered the urban dictionary and what the phrase meant. Then they went to Tea Party standing for "Taxed Enough Already" at precisely the moment in time when taxes were the lowest they'd been in decades. But hey, these guys never let reality rain on their parade.

Don't you remember F news and Glen Beck having their "reporters" out all over the country reporting on every rally they held, encouraging their viewers to take part? It wasn't CNN as much as Fooooooox.

knothead

knothead

Reading the posts of other forum members it seems that the consensus is that A. Cooper is a fair-minded pundit with a history of making certain both sides get a fair shake but personally I rarely, if ever, watch CNN.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:It's a good thing broadcast journalist Anderson Cooper still has his gig at CNN.

Warner Bros. has canceled his daytime talk show "Anderson Live" due to lukewarm ratings, according to People.com.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2012/10/anderson_coopers_talk_show_can.html

Warner Bros...anti-gay?....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum