Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola News Journal endorses Mitt Romney for President !

+2
nadalfan
no stress
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

no stress

no stress

Hell has frozen over! You know that if the PNJ endorses the Republican candidate then the democrat must be God awful. This is becoming a trend across the nation as more liberal papers endorse Mitt Romney. Sounds like a death knell for Obama.

no stress

no stress

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121028/OPINION/310280007/WE-RECOMMEND-Mitt-Romney-president

nadalfan

Gunz wrote:Hell has frozen over! You know that if the PNJ endorses the Republican candidate then the democrat must be God awful. This is becoming a trend across the nation as more liberal papers endorse Mitt Romney. Sounds like a death knell for Obama.

Salt Lake City Tribune endorses Obama

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/55019844-82/romney-obama-state-president.html.csp

not sure how much weight newspaper endorsements carry, they don't influence my vote, but I found this one interesting, probably because I agree

Gunz wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20121028/OPINION/310280007/WE-RECOMMEND-Mitt-Romney-president

That seemed to be a very fair and balanced veiw. Im impressed.

This must be a shocker this morning for pcola libs

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Hell hath indeed, frozen over!

I liked yours yesterday,Chrissy, from the Register, but they seem to have cut the second part of their endorsement where they discussed how Obama's economic plan was too slow, at best, and that it was time for a change of direction.

It really is about the economy this time.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

stormwatch89 wrote:Hell hath indeed, frozen over!

I liked yours yesterday,Chrissy, from the Register, but they seem to have cut the second part of their endorsement where they discussed how Obama's economic plan was too slow, at best, and that it was time for a change of direction.

Yes, it is. That's why Romney would be a disaster.

As for the PNJ, I'm not surprised at all. I've never considered the PNJ a "liberal" paper...not by any stretch of the imagination...and especially since Schneider arrived on the scene.

Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Hell hath indeed, frozen over!

Yes, it is. That's why Romney would be a disaster.

As for the PNJ, I'm not surprised at all. I've never considered the PNJ a "liberal" paper...not by any stretch of the imagination...and especially since Schneider arrived on the scene.

This is the first time I can remember them ever endorsing a Republican candidate.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Me too, GR.

Sioux City Journal sums up what some of us are feeling.

In four years of the Obama administration, the nation's federal debt has increased by $5 trillion, to more than $16 trillion. He added 66 percent more to the federal debt than did Bush (who we also criticize for increasing debt) in half the number of years.

America can't afford another four years like the last four years. Continuing this course of growing government, more spending and more borrowing eventually will crush this nation. It simply isn't sustainable.

The approach articulated by Romney and his running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, is fundamentally different. To create more consumer confidence, business opportunities, jobs, investment, trade and domestic energy production, Romney promises less. His vision involves less federal spending, lower taxes for individuals, families and businesses, a smaller number of government programs and streamlined regulations on businesses and industries (according to the Small Business Administration, the annual cost to Americans of federal regulations is $1.75 trillion).

In our view, this is the roadmap to short- and long-term economic growth, strength and prosperity.

To enact his plan, Romney must forge consensus within Congress and rally the nation. Romney founded his own venture capital and investment company and turned the once-troubled 2002 Winter Olympic Games into a profit-maker. He led a state in which registered Democrats outnumbered registered Republicans nearly three to one and 85 percent of the Legislature was Democratic at the time from a $3 billion budget deficit when he took office in January 2003 to a $700 million budget surplus by the end of 2004. In other words, he knows how to build success, achieve reform and bring people of different political stripes together in support of goals.

Romney represents the change America needs.

Finally, we offer some thoughts about America's troubled political landscape.

Regardless of who wins what likely will be a close contest for president on Nov. 6, all elected leaders - Republicans, Democrats and Independents - must come to Washington in January to begin the work of the new Congress not possessed of dug-in, party-line intransigence and visions of political retribution, but with a spirit of bipartisan compromise so necessary to move this nation forward and meet our formidable challenges.

If our nation's capital - and the nation itself - remain bitterly divided and polarized, it won't matter who occupies the White House for the next four years because little, if anything, will get done.

nadalfan wrote:
Gunz wrote:Hell has frozen over! You know that if the PNJ endorses the Republican candidate then the democrat must be God awful. This is becoming a trend across the nation as more liberal papers endorse Mitt Romney. Sounds like a death knell for Obama.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/55019844-82/romney-obama-state-president.html.csp

not sure how much weight newspaper endorsements carry, they don't influence my vote, but I found this one interesting, probably because I agree

It's interesting Utah is a Mormon, Republican state. They echo was has been said all along Romney has no specific plan on how he is going to reduce taxes and pay the debt.

Dreamsglore wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

It's interesting Utah is a Mormon, Republican state. They echo was has been said all along Romney has no specific plan on how he is going to reduce taxes and pay the debt.

Since we are pointing out typos of others, what is it you are trying to say with bold font above?

2seaoat

I do not think the PNJ has the financial stability to risk alienating much more of their readership. The two county area is part of the most conservative area of the State of Florida. Newspapers need readership to sell ads, and ads and readership have dropped off the shelf in the last five years. The endorsement is one of survival. As much as most real Republicans have reservations and concerns about Romney.....the majority of Republicans in the two County area are Dixiecrats who simply have vilified the President and have an agenda completely separate from the economy, the wars, or entitlements.........and the PNJ needs to get warm and cozy feeling with the Dixiecrats so the endorsement is logical and consistent. In the end they have made a pact with the Devil.....but then again I have been a Republican my entire life....not a recent convert.

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:I do not think the PNJ has the financial stability to risk alienating much more of their readership. The two county area is part of the most conservative area of the State of Florida. Newspapers need readership to sell ads, and ads and readership have dropped off the shelf in the last five years. The endorsement is one of survival. As much as most real Republicans have reservations and concerns about Romney.....the majority of Republicans in the two County area are Dixiecrats who simply have vilified the President and have an agenda completely separate from the economy, the wars, or entitlements.........and the PNJ needs to get warm and cozy feeling with the Dixiecrats so the endorsement is logical and consistent. In the end they have made a pact with the Devil.....but then again I have been a Republican my entire life....not a recent convert.

So if they endorse Obama they risk bankrupcy from decreased readership? Thats a stretch even for you oatie.

2seaoat

They risk bankruptcy if they even survive past the election. Their position is precarious. People just have so many more options to get their information. I think a great many people drop the newspaper if they endorse another candidate for President......surprisingly the economic factors are really a question of survival and any excuse to drop an unnecessary cost can be rationalized by the endorsement. This was a pure economic endorsement. Now that endorsement may be the correct one for the country and they may be exactly right.....but the major reason for the endorsement is not the merits of the same, rather simple economics and an angry base of Dixiecrats who feel the PNJ does not speak to them.....the backlash on Maritime Park, the backlash against consolidation, and lack of going after the GOBs has much of their readership cynical and looking for a reason to drop the paper.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

stormwatch89 wrote:Me too, GR.

Sioux City Journal sums up what some of us are feeling.

In four years of the Obama administration, the nation's federal debt has increased by $5 trillion, to more than $16 trillion. He added 66 percent more to the federal debt than did Bush (who we also criticize for increasing debt) in half the number of years.

America can't afford another four years like the last four years. Continuing this course of growing government, more spending and more borrowing eventually will crush this nation. It simply isn't sustainable.

The approach articulated by Romney and his running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, is fundamentally different. To create more consumer confidence, business opportunities, jobs, investment, trade and domestic energy production, Romney promises less. His vision involves less federal spending, lower taxes for individuals, families and businesses, a smaller number of government programs and streamlined regulations on businesses and industries (according to the Small Business Administration, the annual cost to Americans of federal regulations is $1.75 trillion).

In our view, this is the roadmap to short- and long-term economic growth, strength and prosperity.

To enact his plan, Romney must forge consensus within Congress and rally the nation. Romney founded his own venture capital and investment company and turned the once-troubled 2002 Winter Olympic Games into a profit-maker. He led a state in which registered Democrats outnumbered registered Republicans nearly three to one and 85 percent of the Legislature was Democratic at the time from a $3 billion budget deficit when he took office in January 2003 to a $700 million budget surplus by the end of 2004. In other words, he knows how to build success, achieve reform and bring people of different political stripes together in support of goals.

Romney represents the change America needs.

Finally, we offer some thoughts about America's troubled political landscape.

Regardless of who wins what likely will be a close contest for president on Nov. 6, all elected leaders - Republicans, Democrats and Independents - must come to Washington in January to begin the work of the new Congress not possessed of dug-in, party-line intransigence and visions of political retribution, but with a spirit of bipartisan compromise so necessary to move this nation forward and meet our formidable challenges.

If our nation's capital - and the nation itself - remain bitterly divided and polarized, it won't matter who occupies the White House for the next four years because little, if anything, will get done.

Romney took $1.3 billion in tax dollars to keep the 2002 Olympics from crashing, with a total cost of $2.7 billion. He got a blank check from George W. Bush, who "spent like a drunken sailor." Romney also "saved" his parent, Bain & Co., by blackmailing the FDIC. The man is not credible in any sense of the word and has repeatedly lied and/or changed position on every issue. How you can admire that as business acumen is astounding. He claims the Chinese are a huge threat he wants to address, while shipping American jobs off to China, and it's not the first time. During the auto bailout, which he constantly criticized, he made enormous profits. And that's just scratching the surface of his shady dealings. None of that appears to concern any of you righties...not the offshore accounts, not the religious cult, not the lies. So, that leaves the only thing Romney has going for him...the "R".

2seaoat

I disagree that this about the "R"....I think it is about something else for most that hate the President. If Hillary had won the primary....there certainly would not be the intensity of hatred which the President faces.

Yella

Yella

Naturally I suspect that the Corporate bosses of the PNJ's parent newspaper said do this endorsement or suffer the consequences of a heavy corporate boot heel in the future.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:

Naturally I suspect that the Corporate bosses of the PNJ's parent newspaper said do this endorsement or suffer the consequences of a heavy corporate boot heel in the future.

Wouldn't that be unethical?

Yella

Yella

alecto wrote:
Yella wrote:

Wouldn't that be unethical?

At Corporate level ethics are forgotten. Profit and greed are the new ethics.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum