Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's Chilly here in Hoover. I just lit a fire in the wood stove.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The doggies will like the warmth. There is a sheepskin rug in front of the stove and when the stove gets warm, the dogs lay on the rug and pant. Surprised

Yomama wrote:The doggies will like the warmth. There is a sheepskin rug in front of the stove and when the stove gets warm, the dogs lay on the rug and pant. Surprised

Gosh, that sounds nice. I am envious!

I cant see the picture though?

and lmao, your avatar is fabulous darling Very Happy

Rogue wrote:
Yomama wrote:The doggies will like the warmth. There is a sheepskin rug in front of the stove and when the stove gets warm, the dogs lay on the rug and pant. Surprised

Gosh, that sounds nice. I am envious!

I cant see the picture though?

and lmao, your avatar is fabulous darling Very Happy

I didn't post a picture. I have one of our dog Bud lying in front of the stove, but I can't seem to find it.

I used to like to lay on rugs in front of the fireplace with my wife and pant. I dont have a picture......

hallmarkgrad wrote:I used to like to lay on rugs in front of the fireplace with my wife and pant. I dont have a picture......

HOLY SMOKES, hg... I did not expect that out of you. I think the people up the hill heard me laugh. Still giggling.

Thanks man, needed that.

It's Chilly here in Hoover.  I just lit a fire in the wood stove. Clappingsmiley

Geez hg, ya made me forget why I clicked onto EE's thread in the first place! Now my mind is wandering... Tee hee!

EE, I posted something to you last night in that Elk Photos thread, sir.

That was a good one Georgie Boy!

I knew it was just a matter of time before one of our dogs migrated to the stove.

It's Chilly here in Hoover.  I just lit a fire in the wood stove. Budget10

hallmarkgrad wrote:I used to like to lay on rugs in front of the fireplace with my wife and pant. I dont have a picture......

its ok... memories are worth a thousand pictures.

I got the sexy point Wink

riceme wrote:EE, I posted something to you last night in that Elk Photos thread, sir.

Riceme, I responded to your post on that thread.

Yomama wrote:
riceme wrote:EE, I posted something to you last night in that Elk Photos thread, sir.

Riceme, I responded to your post on that thread.

Roger that.

Hey that's a good lookin' dog, man. What's that black box on his/her collar?

no stress

no stress

I do miss the smell of a wood fire burning in the house, just not splitting the wood. In my other house my wife would keep the fire going from November to early march. Cool dog Eric.

Gunz wrote:I do miss the smell of a wood fire burning in the house, just not splitting the wood. In my other house my wife would keep the fire going from November to early march. Cool dog Eric.

I do too.

I cant think of anything more relaxing then being cozied up on the couch listening to the crackle of a fire, the smell of it, watching the flames shimmer.

[img]It's Chilly here in Hoover.  I just lit a fire in the wood stove. Firepl10[/img]

riceme wrote:Hey that's a good lookin' dog, man. What's that black box on his/her collar?

The black box is a Petsafe collar. I have a wire around the perimeter of the yard and it keeps them in the yard. There are smaller boxes made by Petsafe, but they don't warn before delivering a shock through the two prongs that touch his neck. This may sound cruel, and I hate to do it, but I don't want the dogs to get out of the yard and get killed by a car. I lost a very precious dog to a car about 4 years ago. I'll post a pic of her.

But getting back to the Petsafe system. There is a loop of wire around the yard and house and it is connected to a radio transmitter. The wire emits a weak radio signal. When the dogs get within 10' or so of the wire, the black boxes (receivers) emit a sound. That is usually enough to keep them in. If they get closer to the wire, the black box will vibrate. If they keep getting closer to the wire, it will deliver a shock through the prongs. When we installed the buried wire, the system has little white flags on wires you stick in the ground where the wire is, and you lead them around the yard to show them where the wire is located. After two weeks, you can remove the flags.

They know how far they can go and do not get close enough to even hear the warning sound. We don't always have the system plugged in and the dogs don't know it.

Here's the little doggie that got killed by a car. Missy was a sweet dog and very smart, but she would chase cars. My 91 year old mom left the front door open and Missy bought the farm.
It's Chilly here in Hoover.  I just lit a fire in the wood stove. Missy111

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's cold here in Huntsville. I need to buy firewood.
I'd just as soon live where it never gets below 70 degrees.
Missy was a cute little dog. I'm sorry she got out that day.

Poor Missy. I'm sorry you all lost her. And I don't think it sounds cruel at all to mind for the safety of your pets, EE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum