Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hispanic vote could determine 3 key states

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The poll showed Mr. Obama leading Mr. Romney among Hispanic voters nationwide 69 percent to 21 percent; in 2008, Mr. Obama took 67 percent of the Hispanic vote, to 31 percent for Senator John McCain.

In 2008, Mr. Obama pulled in strong support among Latino voters, according to exit polls: 61 percent in Colorado, 57 percent in Florida and 76 percent in Nevada. The extent of Mr. Obama’s lead nationally among Hispanics suggests, analysts said, that he is doing well in those states this year as well, though it is difficult to assess the opinions of small groups of voters in a single state.

Mr. Lopez said that Mr. Obama’s strong position is in no small part due to his signing of an executive order giving temporary legal status to many illegal immigrants who entered the country as children. This became clear at an Obama field office telephone bank that hummed with Spanish and English as volunteers worked through lists.

“I got involved as soon as I heard he signed the Dream Act,” said Adriana Ortiz, 37, whose sister came to the United States illegally from Mexico as a child.

“He did something for my family,” she added. “I’m going to do something for him.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/us/politics/in-3-crucial-states-both-campaigns-press-for-latino-voters.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yep.
Like Pkr said on another thread, it will amount to turnout. One segment of the population I do not believe that Obama will get to turn out as well this time is the young vote. I don't think that droves of 18-25 year olds are going to be running out to register and vote for him this time.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum