Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damn those Tigers are Good

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Damn those Tigers are Good 10/18/2012, 5:52 pm

I have the utmost respect for many teams... and I'm glad we didn't have to play Texas and several others... and St. Louis worries me... But...

We've got a good club.

2Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/18/2012, 6:31 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I have the utmost respect for many teams... and I'm glad we didn't have to play Texas and several others... and St. Louis worries me... But...

We've got a good club.

I learned last year....never bet against the cardinals. they never give up and they fight till the end.

Can't wait for the Cardinals and Giants. Even though I'm pulling for the Cardinals I do enjoy watching Lincecum pitch.

OMG :afraid: so many good pitchers, players and coaches it's hard to decide on a favorite team.

3Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/18/2012, 7:26 pm

I do worry about up the cards... But pitching beats all.

Did you notice someone gave you a neg for a baseball comment?

LOL

4Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/18/2012, 8:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I do worry about up the cards... But pitching beats all.

Did you notice someone gave you a neg for a baseball comment?

LOL

Just goes to show there was an asshole logged on.

I have a strong feeling that next season the MLB will finally come around and utilize the instant replay for critical calls...too much at stake not to use available technology.

5Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/18/2012, 8:34 pm

joanie, i gave you a pos,,,,,,,, just because Smile

6Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/18/2012, 8:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Rogue wrote:joanie, i gave you a pos,,,,,,,, just because Smile

I love you

7Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/19/2012, 12:40 am

2seaoat

The best team is sitting in Chicago. Ventura did not use his bullpen correctly the last four weeks of the season....it was chaos. I was at the tiger Sox game when the sox were three games up and saw the bullpen collapse with the theatrics of multiple substitutions with a pitch or two.....he totally deflated the confidence of the bullpen....and the buck stops with the manager......having said all that.....as a kid Detroit was always my second favorite team next to the sox.......so I am cheering for a very good team, and I am thrilled with the Yankees getting beat....thrilled, but I like the spirit of the San Francisco team, but Detroit can get their ace on the mound three times in a 7 game series.....tough nut to crack for anybody......and the triple crown winner is the real deal......a very very good team.

8Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/19/2012, 12:45 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat, I hate the multiple substitutions.

9Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/19/2012, 12:55 am

2seaoat

The multiple substitutions have changed the game of baseball. I am not convinced at all that the 64-70 golden period for pitching did not basically involve pitchers pitching complete games....win or lose. At some point, the specialization may have some statistical margin which has allowed this to happen, but as a fan it simply makes me angry......I saw Ventura make 5 substitutions in the Detroit game, and he simply blew the game. I think this pitch count analysis simply has gone haywire. I just wish we would get a solid four game rotation of starters, and when a pitcher is tired or hurting make a substitution before the fifth inning, but it gets crazy after that inning, and the delays simply destroy the game. I want Don Drysdale....Sandy Koufax.....Bob Gibson.....and even Wilbur Wood with over 24 wins, and could pitch twice in a Sunday doubleheader

10Damn those Tigers are Good Empty Re: Damn those Tigers are Good 10/19/2012, 8:18 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

when a pitcher loses his stamina or his physiological edge....take him out. The part about let's use a left handed pitcher to throw to this guy and then switch to another pitcher for the next guy ans so on to me, will lose games quickly. Too many games have been lost by the manager utilizing pitching and hitting stats rather than the depending on his pitcher's ability.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum