Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The world as we knew it.......crumbles but we fight among ourselves

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This thread was started by seaoat on pnj today (that's seaoat's thread title). The thread got going and then it abruptly disappeared.
I thought it was interesting so I went to the RSS feed and copied the posts and I'm pasting them into the thread here so see if anyone else has any opinion about it.

This was seaoat's first post to his thread...
-------------------------------------------------------
The editor's opinion column talks about 400 people being layed off in New Orleans, Mobile, and Birmingham in the newspaper business. The reality is that we are entering a very scary situation in America. We can see that dark money is pouring into both campaigns for president. The message is not random but carefully orchestrated. We see governors taking calls from special interests, and we see the division on issues which befuddle pollsters because Americans agree on about 80% of the issues, but special interests have so intentionally divided this country that we have become a impotent giant who like an elephant in chains and being handled by a small man with a hook is trained to do tricks for his masters. Without a network of newspapers to challenge and provide diversity and knowledgeable reporting, we can never challenge the manipulation.....we can never really deal with facts and truth.....rather we are immersed in propoganda.

We worry about forums and public shared information, but 400 employees who no longer are doing the same in the small markets is being repeated across America as we see our sandbox shut down. Who will challenge. Where will the voice go? We are in deep trouble and if the Japanese had invaded California, we would have united and fought, yet we are being invaded and conquered, and neary a shot will be fired as we march quietly into the brave new world of manipulation, and subjugation as we foolishly argue among ourselves but fail to work for the common good of Americans, and now no watchdogs or reporting of our demise.......the perfect storm......or better phrased.....the perfect plan.[

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
and then after some rebuttal, seaoat replied with this...
Now, keeping a nation divided is the best way for special interests and those who benefit from this massive wealth transfer, so in the last 30 years we have had the great divide in racial politics and economic politics as we lose the core belief that there is a commonality of interest in the American people. The hometown newspaper is more than simply a change in technology. It is far too simple to think that craigslist, google, yahoo, and a multitude of news feeds 24 hours a day was the only reason for the demise of the American newspaper. The ownership of newspapers had significant evolutions over the last 30 years. Instead of a local owner, we saw corporate takeovers and like our situation in Pensacola a national strategy to implement an online edition with a paywall, which is more conformity to national control and dictates than it is the evolution of a vibrant technological competitor to craigslist and google. It is much more than technology, because it is the consolidation of more wealth in fewer hands, and as I have posted repeatedly that background crunching sound we each hear everyday as restaurants, bank branches, retail stores, factories, and yes newspapers close......this nation's accumulated wealth is being drained, and some want to blame freeloaders, and others the 1%, but the reality is that there is a commonality of interest which can allow this country to fight its way back to global competitiveness and real wealth generation which is not skewed in America. It will require leadership and not dogma and political extremes which ridicule compromise and finding common ground. So the loss of the PNJ is much more than the loss of our playground, rather it is the last frontier in my opinion to save this country, because without independent newspapers to act as a counter weight to the growing consolidation of media, we will become nothing more than indentured servants and find ourselves not much different than our founding fathers who fought a revolution which like our situation is more about economics than politics.
---------------------------------------------------------------

What say you?

P.S. HERE'S THE WHOLE RSS FEED OF THE THREAD IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED...

http://sitelife.pnj.com/ver1.0/Forums/DiscussionRss?plckDiscussionId=Cat:c465a418-e5ac-4734-b866-ad2ca76c20bfForum:281c4300-140d-45be-bf7c-78a4d714804aDiscussion:1ce54b09-eb2d-4d57-a57b-29746df220d7

Yella

Yella

ButtMan wrote:This thread was started by seaoat on pnj today (that's seaoat's thread title). The thread got going and then it abruptly disappeared.
I thought it was interesting so I went to the RSS feed and copied the posts and I'm pasting them into the thread here so see if anyone else has any opinion about it.

This was seaoat's first post to his thread...
-------------------------------------------------------
The editor's opinion column talks about 400 people being layed off in New Orleans, Mobile, and Birmingham in the newspaper business. The reality is that we are entering a very scary situation in America. We can see that dark money is pouring into both campaigns for president. The message is not random but carefully orchestrated. We see governors taking calls from special interests, and we see the division on issues which befuddle pollsters because Americans agree on about 80% of the issues, but special interests have so intentionally divided this country that we have become a impotent giant who like an elephant in chains and being handled by a small man with a hook is trained to do tricks for his masters. Without a network of newspapers to challenge and provide diversity and knowledgeable reporting, we can never challenge the manipulation.....we can never really deal with facts and truth.....rather we are immersed in propoganda.

We worry about forums and public shared information, but 400 employees who no longer are doing the same in the small markets is being repeated across America as we see our sandbox shut down. Who will challenge. Where will the voice go? We are in deep trouble and if the Japanese had invaded California, we would have united and fought, yet we are being invaded and conquered, and neary a shot will be fired as we march quietly into the brave new world of manipulation, and subjugation as we foolishly argue among ourselves but fail to work for the common good of Americans, and now no watchdogs or reporting of our demise.......the perfect storm......or better phrased.....the perfect plan.[

and then after some rebuttal, seaoat replied with this...
Now, keeping a nation divided is the best way for special interests and those who benefit from this massive wealth transfer, so in the last 30 years we have had the great divide in racial politics and economic politics as we lose the core belief that there is a commonality of interest in the American people. The hometown newspaper is more than simply a change in technology. It is far too simple to think that craigslist, google, yahoo, and a multitude of news feeds 24 hours a day was the only reason for the demise of the American newspaper. The ownership of newspapers had significant evolutions over the last 30 years. Instead of a local owner, we saw corporate takeovers and like our situation in Pensacola a national strategy to implement an online edition with a paywall, which is more conformity to national control and dictates than it is the evolution of a vibrant technological competitor to craigslist and google. It is much more than technology, because it is the consolidation of more wealth in fewer hands, and as I have posted repeatedly that background crunching sound we each hear everyday as restaurants, bank branches, retail stores, factories, and yes newspapers close......this nation's accumulated wealth is being drained, and some want to blame freeloaders, and others the 1%, but the reality is that there is a commonality of interest which can allow this country to fight its way back to global competitiveness and real wealth generation which is not skewed in America. It will require leadership and not dogma and political extremes which ridicule compromise and finding common ground. So the loss of the PNJ is much more than the loss of our playground, rather it is the last frontier in my opinion to save this country, because without independent newspapers to act as a counter weight to the growing consolidation of media, we will become nothing more than indentured servants and find ourselves not much different than our founding fathers who fought a revolution which like our situation is more about economics than politics.
---------------------------------------------------------------

What say you?

P.S. HERE'S THE WHOLE RSS FEED OF THE THREAD IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED...

http://sitelife.pnj.com/ver1.0/Forums/DiscussionRss?plckDiscussionId=Cat:c465a418-e5ac-4734-b866-ad2ca76c20bfForum:281c4300-140d-45be-bf7c-78a4d714804aDiscussion:1ce54b09-eb2d-4d57-a57b-29746df220d7

Its very interesting and also scary. But who deleted it and why was it done? There is truly a deranged individual here among these forums. We are all aware of it. I have always thought he or she could be dangerous. We read about people going postal and think that's terrible but its not here.
But it could happen here.
I think the moderator should be able to tell who the psycho is and confront that person with the law. A police investigation could reveal a pattern that goes on here is also going on in a similar pattern elsewhere.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

I dunno old friend. After discovering that I'm now hallucinating (because I think I'm seeing "chrissy8" on "wild_thing"'s quotes in that other thread), I need to both stop drinking and consult a psychiatrist.
I think I need some help before I read any more forum writing again.

Yella

Yella

TittyMan wrote:I dunno old friend. After discovering that I'm now hallucinating (because I think I'm seeing "chrissy8" on "wild_thing"'s quotes in that other thread), I need to both stop drinking and consult a psychiatrist.
I think I need some help before I read any more forum writing again.

I recommend a dose of warm collards rather than a psychoanilist who could be crazier than you, there is also the possibility he could be entertaining if you can afford his fee.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum