Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for right-wingers about the polls.

+3
KarlRove
Sal
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Virtually all the right-wingers in the country, and that goes for the ones who post here, the sean hannitys, the ross limbaughs, the theses and the thoses, said flat out that the polls were rigged in favor of obama when the polls had him leading romney.

But now all the very same polls have romney either pulling even or leading.

So what gives here. If the polls are pro-obama why wouldn't they still be saying obama has the wide lead?
And why are the same right-wingers who were bitching about the polls before, now citing the same polls as proof that romney is leading?

One of the most hypocritical things I've ever heard of.

As I've said many times the only poll that matters will happen Nov 6th.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

nochain wrote:As I've said many times the only poll that matters will happen Nov 6th.
That just ignores the point of the thread alltogether, nochain.
If that was the only consideration for right-wingers then sean hannity wouldn't be on his radio show right now talking about how the polls now have romney leading and what good news that is.
But of course he is making no mention of how he blasted the same polls for being biased when they had obama ahead.

Sal

Sal

It's entirely consistent with their conspiratorial worldview, Bob.

Take climate change, for instance. You can show them any number of studies confirming a scientific consensus that climate change is happening and man is contributing to it, and they will dismiss them all as a conspiracy to undermine their way of life. Should an oil company sponsored study be released contradicting the consensus, however, it immediately becomes gospel.

Last edited by salinsky on 10/16/2012, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bob wrote:
nochain wrote:As I've said many times the only poll that matters will happen Nov 6th.
That just ignores the point of the thread alltogether, nochain.
If that was the only consideration for right-wingers then sean hannity wouldn't be on his radio show right now talking about how the polls now have romney leading and what good news that is.
But of course he is making no mention of how he blasted the same polls for being biased when they had obama ahead.

I don't pay attention to those blow hards. They are "entertainers". I also don't see much difference in what both the far-left and far-right people screech about. They are just making noise and unfortunately they drown out the reasonable folks on both sides of an issue. The silent majority will be the deciding factor in this, or any, election.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Obama blew the first debate and that is why the swing is occuring. Nothing more, nothing less. If he blows this debate, he is done as POTUS.

no stress

no stress

it is what it is Bob, no need to put it under a microscope.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Virtually all the right-wingers in the country, and that goes for the ones who post here, the sean hannitys, the ross limbaughs, the theses and the thoses, said flat out that the polls were rigged in favor of obama when the polls had him leading romney.

But now all the very same polls have romney either pulling even or leading.

So what gives here. If the polls are pro-obama why wouldn't they still be saying obama has the wide lead?
And why are the same right-wingers who were bitching about the polls before, now citing the same polls as proof that romney is leading?

One of the most hypocritical things I've ever heard of.

Someone asked this a couple of weeks ago.
If the polls were skewed against Romney 2+ weeks ago, they could STILL be skewed against Romney today. Imagine this--Romney actually has a 5+ point lead over Obama today, instead of a 2 point lead or so like the polls are showing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote:it is what it is Bob, no need to put it under a microscope.
What it is is this. It's impossible for right-wingers or left-wingers either one to ever admit they have ever been even the slightest bit wrong about anything.
Neither have the intestinal fortitude for that. And it's very cowardly.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
What it is is this. It's impossible for right-wingers or left-wingers either one to ever say they have ever been even the slightest bit wrong about anything.

If Romney goes into Election day with polls showing him tied with or slightly ahead of Obama, and then Romney wins by 6+ points....then that will mean that the polls were skewed or at least wrong--up until election day.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
If the polls were skewed against Romney 2+ weeks ago, they could STILL be skewed against Romney today. Imagine this--Romney actually has a 5+ point lead over Obama today, instead of a 2 point lead or so like the polls are showing.

All well and good, except they're not skewed and never have been. Repukes were having a meltdown claiming that there was an over-representation of Dems in the polls after the DNC, and Obama was polling well ahead. After the debate, the polls have been showing a much larger representation of Repukes, and the polls show a much tighter race. This has nothing to do with skewing. Reputable polling firms do not standardize their polls by party affiliation, because party affiliation is not static, it is fluid. After an exciting DNC, more Dems were enthusiastic to answer polls and self-identify. Conversely, after a strong debate more Repukes were enthusiastic to answer polls and self-identify. The polls are shifting due to enthusiasm, not skewing. The race is extremely close and will likely come down to turnout in the swing states.

One interesting thing is that neither the exciting convention nor the strong debate moved the needle much with undecideds. That is because anyone who has yet to make up their mind has the intellect of a toaster.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

All well and good, except they're not skewed and never have been. Repukes were having a meltdown claiming that there was an over-representation of Dems in the polls after the DNC, and Obama was polling well ahead. After the debate, the polls have been showing a much larger representation of Repukes, and the polls show a much tighter race. This has nothing to do with skewing. Reputable polling firms do not standardize their polls by party affiliation, because party affiliation is not static, it is fluid. After an exciting DNC, more Dems were enthusiastic to answer polls and self-identify. Conversely, after a strong debate more Repukes were enthusiastic to answer polls and self-identify. The polls are shifting due to enthusiasm, not skewing. The race is extremely close and will likely come down to turnout in the swing states.

One interesting thing is that neither the exciting convention nor the strong debate moved the needle much with undecideds. That is because anyone who has yet to make up their mind has the intellect of a toaster.

Skewed or not, if the election results turn out significantly off from what the polls are showing, then the polls will have been wrong. And we don't know the answer to that yet.

The polls wre initially giving obama + 7-9 point spread basing expectations on a turn out like 2008. Some have since found out that kind of turn out aint gonna happen nd some have adjusted thier polls. This is only a small portion of it. The most of it is an actual bump from the debate like gunz said.

I like neko also think the polls are still in obamas favor.

Theres a good chance its going to be a complete wipeout in favor of romney.

the hope and change might not be that convincing this time. people not able to read mediamatters might stay home.

Sal

Sal

I'm not arguing with you, imbeciles.

I'm explaining reality.

salinsky wrote:I'm not arguing with you, imbeciles.

I'm explaining reality.

spending is investing... that is the issue. the point is the debt... it escapes obama.

Polls are like assholes! Everyone has one and they stink!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
What it is is this. It's impossible for right-wingers or left-wingers either one to ever admit they have ever been even the slightest bit wrong about anything.

Let me bring my intestinal fortitude to bear here. Whether or not President Obama has made mistakes, I believe that he has the best interests of the people at heart. I look at Romney and see a liar. I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that I felt the same about George W. Bush. Liars...who needs them? Meanwhile, someone killed a US ambassador to try and win this election.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:

Let me bring my intestinal fortitude to bear here. Whether or not President Obama has made mistakes, I believe that he has the best interests of the people at heart. I look at Romney and see a liar. I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that I felt the same about George W. Bush. Liars...who needs them? Meanwhile, someone killed a US ambassador to try and win this election.

What?

Yella

Yella

[quote="nochain"]A

Exactly so, nochain, the prepolls can be rigged from now until November 6, that will be the acid test, and the only one that matters.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

A question for right-wingers about the polls. Is?LGvB9HryTYTqhnZ_8Cpii7tAXL6s6DxxKjmtdD6Xt4I

Since neither canidate appeals to me I'm following the current administations last campaign platform and voting for...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8

Smile

...Which means I'm voting for Romney.

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:

A question for right-wingers about the polls. Is?VaOu76ffcVbPe88K3zbJ1sWnCqb-usQXnv0HeyFqJkk

Oh my!!!!!..... TEO is that you?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNEWx_X_PB0

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum