Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seasons Greetings

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seasons Greetings Empty Seasons Greetings 12/9/2022, 3:32 am

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

2Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/9/2022, 3:38 am

Telstar

Telstar

3Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/9/2022, 3:44 am

Telstar

Telstar

4Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/14/2022, 5:01 am

Telstar

Telstar

I'm going to dedicate this one to the late, great Bob. I remember that he was a big fan of old horror movies and old movies of all kinds.

When I first started posting these Christmas videos back in 08, I posted them in every state that had a Gannett News Forum. Not Pensacola because Ft Myers was the only Florida forum I posted on at that time. In Idaho, Damaged Eagle hopped on the band wagon and posted his own Christmas videos. I had no idea at the time he was a mighty righty and he didn't know I was a Lib. We got along just fine. Ah yes, the magic of Christmas.

5Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/15/2022, 6:27 pm

Telstar

Telstar

6Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/16/2022, 4:22 pm

Telstar

Telstar

I'm so glad Gen. Burkhalter didn't put a stop to this. santa

7Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/17/2022, 7:09 pm

Telstar

Telstar

8Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/18/2022, 5:37 pm

Telstar

Telstar

9Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/20/2022, 5:57 pm

bigdog

Merry Christmas to anyone who is still here. I check in about every two or three months to see if the place is still open. I guess it is.
We are planning a nice Christmas with the whole family. My son and daughter-in-law will be coming over from New Orleans, and my sister will be driving over from Mobile, so we are hoping for no snow or sleet.
Big Jim and I have finished our Christmas shopping and all the packages are wrapped. Santa may even bring stockings to our dogs, Dexter and Pepper.

Yes, Old Dexter is still around too, at the age of at least 15 now.

I hope Y'all enjoy the season, and even enjoy the cold weather. We don't get it that often and it always makes me appreciate not being born a yankee :-)

But anyhow- I do wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope the new year is good to you.

Floridatexan, Telstar, RealLindaL and PkrBum like this post

10Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/26/2022, 3:17 pm

RealLindaL

Bigdog, sounds as if you had a fine Christmas, and I'm glad for you. Mine was far from merry, as I'm still raw with grief from the loss of my cherished beloved husband in September. This was also the first time in all my many years of living that I've spent Christmas entirely alone. It's not an experience I look forward to repeating.
Life just sucks sometimes, no two ways about it.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

11Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/31/2022, 4:57 pm

bigdog

I'm sorry to hear that Linda. Christmas is not a good time to be alone. I can't even imagine Christmas without my husband.
It hasn't been the greatest year for us either- I got some news about my health that was just not at all welcome, but I think I'll be around a few more years at least. Jim has a lot of problems with his back and knees (both replaced). We haven't been able to travel this year and the old camper is still sitting back there begging us to take it somewhere. Maybe this year will be better for all of us. I hope so anyway.

Floridatexan, Telstar and PkrBum like this post

12Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 1/1/2023, 1:54 am

RealLindaL

Thanks, bigdog. Wish you the very best possible outcome regarding your health issue and yes, let's hope 2023 will be kinder to us all, though it will still be a very lonely one for me. Tonight I was by myself again (story of my life now), and watched a movie to avoid watching the joyous New Year's celebrations and hearing Auld Lang Syne. Too many triggers, especially as Jan. 1 we would've celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. There are just no words.

13Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 1/1/2023, 4:15 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Thanks, bigdog.  Wish you the very best possible outcome regarding your health issue and yes, let's hope 2023 will be kinder to us all, though it will still be a very lonely one for me.  Tonight I was by myself again (story of my life now), and watched a movie to avoid watching the joyous New Year's celebrations and hearing Auld Lang Syne.  Too many triggers, especially as Jan. 1 we would've celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary.  There are just no words.

Curious, what movie did you watch? Silly comedies usually help me forget bad times. Some Like It Hot, After The Fox, Something About Mary and Duck Soup and A Night At The Opera help me forget hard times for a little while. clown

Floridatexan likes this post

14Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 1/4/2023, 11:51 am

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:Thanks, bigdog.  Wish you the very best possible outcome regarding your health issue and yes, let's hope 2023 will be kinder to us all, though it will still be a very lonely one for me.  Tonight I was by myself again (story of my life now), and watched a movie to avoid watching the joyous New Year's celebrations and hearing Auld Lang Syne.  Too many triggers, especially as Jan. 1 we would've celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary.  There are just no words.

People are definitely different. I tend to dread the holidays because I'll have to spend more time with people! That takes time away from my reading/writing/movie-watching, which is the main thing I want to do. I'm always happy to see my mom or my friends, I love 'em, but I try to budget it to keep more alone-time. My best friend lives a couple hundred yards from me and we see each other maybe every three months because we're both so miserly about our alone-time. It's a toss-up... we like hanging out, we always have a good time, but with work and all there seems so little time to do other things, and we both have mountains of books we want to read, movies we want to watch, etc., and that's fun, too. I got nine books read over the two weeks I had off from work, and fourteen movies, plus assorted TV shows, only saw two people for a couple hours each. Total bliss! And yet I was still kicking myself because I know I could've done more if I hadn't piddled around so much. But, like I said, people are different. I gravitate toward other hermits to protect my time, although I'd likely feel pretty bad if they weren't around at all. Good to have lots of friends I never see...

If you can't find a hobby that makes you value your alone time more, then there must be some kind of local group you could join to give you more people to hang out with. Have you let your friends know you're feeling lonely? I bet they'd include you more if they knew. A lot of the time people think they're giving each other "space" and don't know you don't really want space. And I'm certain there are other people around in the same situation who'd LOVE having you to hang out with... the only trick is finding them. Have you talked to a grief counselor or someone? They may know some ways to improve the situation, know places to look to find people. Of course it wouldn't be the person you're really missing, but still, it might help make things less lonely.

In the meantime, read some good books (maybe try to write one), watch some good movies... do some things that make your alone-time rewarding. When spring comes, maybe start a garden. My mom's always stayed busy with garden clubs and bridge clubs, etc. Maybe do some volunteer work somewhere. Get a pet and spoil it rotten. I know it's all easy to give advice, but I'm just bouncing off some ideas, because you deserve something that'll make you happy, and I know it's out there someplace. I hope the new year will bring a way to find it.

15Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 1/10/2023, 9:17 pm

RealLindaL

How to help a grieving friend

Telstar and zsomething like this post

16Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 1/11/2023, 11:44 am

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:How to help a grieving friend

Understood. Just know that we sympathize and we're here to listen to anything you want to say. What you're going through is tough... I understand some of it because I've experienced some, but I don't think I've experienced the same level you are. I can only imagine how much it hurts. Anyway, you have listeners, and we care.

Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

17Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 1/12/2023, 2:15 am

RealLindaL

Thank you, z. Much appreciated.

18Seasons Greetings Empty Yep it's that season again 11/29/2023, 4:26 pm

bigdog

Just checking in to see if anyone is still here. Hope yall had a good Thanksgiving. We had a nice quiet one at my oldest daughter's house, with only our three kids and their spouses. First time in years with no other company. It was great. Hope y'all have a nice Christmas and get busy with your shopping, it's almost here. I had lolts to be thankful for, especially some new near miracle meds that my doctor started me on over a year ago and I'm feeling just fine. Hope y'all are too. Nevertheless, Bette Davis was still right, . Old Age Ain't for sissies. :-)

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

19Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 11/30/2023, 9:53 am

zsomething

bigdog wrote:Just checking in to see if anyone is still here. Hope yall had a good Thanksgiving. We had a nice quiet one at my oldest daughter's house, with only our three kids and their spouses. First time in years with no other company. It was great. Hope y'all have a nice Christmas and get busy with your shopping, it's almost here. I had lolts to be thankful for, especially some new near miracle meds that my doctor started me on over a year ago and I'm feeling just fine. Hope y'all are too.  Nevertheless, Bette Davis was still right, . Old Age Ain't for sissies.  :-)

Small Thanksgivings are the best ones. Smile

I haven't even started shopping for Christmas, but I'm starting to have to think about it. Glad you got some helpful new meds! Hope you'll keep having success with those. Smile

Floridatexan likes this post

20Seasons Greetings Empty Re: Seasons Greetings 12/19/2023, 10:49 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

21Seasons Greetings Empty Best wishes 12/25/2023, 2:29 am

RealLindaL

Thanks, Boards.

I hope all here are well, and that you and yours enjoy happy and healthy holidays. Still not much happiness in this old widow's house, but so far health is holding, knock on wood.  Hope to be in better touch going forward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum