Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump caught on tape trying to sway the Georgia election

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Washington Post
The Post Most

(Bill O'Leary/The Post)

‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor
In a recording obtained by The Washington Post, President Trump alternately berated, begged and threatened Brad Raffensperger to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s win in the state...

Telstar and zsomething like this post

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

11 More Senate Republicans Say They Will Vote Against Certifying Joe Biden's Electoral College Win

While their opposition will not change the election results, it will drag out the certification vote and likely further deepen partisan divisions.

Last updated on January 2, 2021, at 6:08 p.m. ET

Posted on January 2, 2021, at 2:27 p.m.

"A group of 11 Republican senators and senators-elect announced Saturday that they will object to certifying Joe Biden's Electoral College win on Jan. 6.

Sens. Ted Cruz, Ron Johnson, James Lankford, Steve Daines, John Kennedy, Marsha Blackburn, and Mike Braun, as well as and Senators-elect Cynthia Lummis, Roger Marshall, Bill Hagerty, and Tommy Tuberville, said in a statement that they are demanding a 10-day audit of the results by an electoral commission..."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/clarissajanlim/senate-republicans-electoral-college-results-certify-object?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BuzzFeed%20News%20-%20January%204%2C%202021&utm_term=News%20confirmed%20list

Trump caught on tape trying to sway the Georgia election GOP_Nazis

Last edited by Floridatexan on 1/4/2021, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

zsomething likes this post

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Democrats ask FBI Director Wray to open criminal probe into Trump after leaked phone call

Reps. Ted Lieu and Kathleen Rice wrote that they believe Trump "engaged in solicitation of, or conspiracy to commit, a number of election crimes."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1252732?fbclid=IwAR36IzUqqas9D5F_CAhkShVa5rnyg6MHTW_PVNN9IeqGnNHOx-oq9_tIyM4

zsomething likes this post

zsomething

Republicans are some short-sighted motherfuckers. I know most of 'em are scared and are pretty shaky on supporting Democracy in the first place -- they've always been dictator-loving bootlickers whenever they've been given that as an option -- but continuing to support Trump after that phone call is gonna age like sushi without a fridge in a Death Valley trailer. Gonna be septic by sundown.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Cruz and Graham and Rubio and Blackburn and some of the others think they're going to get a chance to "remake" themselves again once Trump's influence dies out. But they're on too much tape now. They already made fools of themselves flipping one way, and they're just going to look even sillier flipping back. As for some of the real die-hard idiots, like Gaetz, Cawthorn, etc., they may cling to Trump like grim death all the way down, because they don't appeal to anyone who doesn't want a boot on their neck, anyway. They never were "normal Republicans" -- they were born in frat-boy-jerk mode -- so they have nothing to go back to. But you can bet Rubio and Cruz are already planning their, "Honestly, I never liked him anyway, you guys, I was just trying to stay in a position where I could influence him and save Democracy, etc." It's going to be SOOOOO much bullshit. Honestly, I don't know why Cruz is even still here. Texas has always been overrated (I've got cousins there and have spent a lot of time in the state and... let's just say I ain't a fan), but it still ain't what it used to be if they'll still vote for a guy who crawfished when his wife got called ugly and his daddy get called an assassin. Was the day anybody'd done that, one or the other wouldn't've walked away from it. But Cruz not only lets you call his wife a uggo, he'll smooch yer flanks afterwards. That dude is the most cowardly, least-respectable human I can think of.

Anyway, back to the call. The thing is, you know that call was far from unique, and you know it was far from the worst. All the stuff that leaks out that this crooked bastard does is just the foam on a deep tank of sewage. I doubt the public will ever know the extent of criminal shit this guy did.

But we do know that his base will support it. They're done being taken seriously as patriotic adults. There's nothing left of Trump support but a cult. All we're waiting on is to see how this one ends... knowing that none of 'em ever end well.

Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Correction: Trump-Georgia story

By Associated Press
March 15, 2021

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/correction-trump-georgia-story/2021/03/15/734b4aac-85f0-11eb-be4a-24b89f616f2c_story.html%3foutputType=amp

ATLANTA — In a story January 9, 2021, about a phone call between then-President Donald Trump and a lead Georgia elections investigator, The Associated Press, based on information provided by a source, erroneously reported that Trump pressed the investigator to “find the fraud” and said it would make the investigator a national hero. A recording of the call made public two months later revealed that Trump did not say either and instead said that if the investigator looked into Fulton County the investigator would “find things that are gonna be unbelievable.” Trump also told the investigator: “When the right answer comes out, you’ll be praised.”

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

There was more than 1 call, dumbass. And Georgia has opened a criminal investigation. You might need more research.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Gawd comrades are easy. It's right in front of your nose and you still don't get it.

You'd have fit right in with the Peoples Temple.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Gawd comrades are easy. It's right in front of your nose and you still don't get it.

You'd have fit right in with the Peoples Temple.

Trump caught on tape trying to sway the Georgia election Pkr_bu52

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum