Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the G7 become the G6? Trump goes to France for G7 Meeting...Predictions?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

French President Emmanuel Macron has announced there will be no letter of agreement at the end of this summit, thereby removing the likelihood of DJT refusing to sign.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the absurd fireworks destined to go off at this meeting! This will be Boris Johnson's first such meeting and he and DJT could either ratchet up each others nuttiness or throw daggers at one another; that remains to be seen. I imagine the other leaders will try to ignore him and of course not take anything he says at face value. He has no power to lead them. He has done everything possible to weaken the group's power and standing. I hope they send him packing and humiliate him in the process. He might take his toys and go home! Make American great again, indeed!

Trump heading to G-7 summit after insulting allied world leaders

As President Trump departs for France to represent the U.S. at the G-7 summit of world leaders, the memories of the insults he has leveled against key U.S. allies will still be fresh, and he'll be interacting with some of those same leaders over the next few days.

In recent weeks, the president has lashed out at some of the United States' steadfast friends, while offering glowing words for strongmen like North Korea's Kim Jong Un and Russia's Vladimir Putin. In recent days, Mr. Trump has revived his suggestion that Russia should be reinstated into the group of seven leaders of major advanced economies, blaming former President Obama for allowing Russia to annex Crimea. Mr. Trump sometimes suggests America's friends treat her worse than her enemies, particularly on trade, a worldview and approach to international politics that critics say sends the wrong signal to a watching world.
"Our allies take advantage of us far greater than our enemies," the president told his audience at a manufacturing plant in Pennsylvania earlier this month.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-g7-summit-in-france-departure-after-insulting-allied-world-leaders-live-updates-2019-08-23/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Trump isn't used to playing with people who will push back. After setting the market into a tailspin on Friday, he softened his position on China during the G7 meeting.

I love it when he started his BS about having received a "high level" call from China saying they wanted to start talking again. China said they were unaware of any such call! Is he THAT unhinged that he thinks the rest of the world is not going to check on what he says or push back? He really is delusional.

zsomething

Oddly, Boris Johnson tried to reel Trump back a little. I mean, when you're making Boris Johnson look like the smarter, more reasonable person, that's pretty amazing.

Trump is sulking his way through this whole thing. He's behaving like a child, and America is being bypassed because other countries recognize that we really don't have a leader right now. We have an idiot birthday-party clown that America's stupider, superstitious half wanted to put into office because they don't understand policy anyway and just wanted to put somebody in that would piss off the smart people the way that black fella did to them, and who'd pander to their belief in magical bearded-ghosts-in-nightgowns who run the world. Rolling Eyes

America has no respect now. We showed our hand as an un-serious, trivial country on the world's stage by taking a clown as president. I don't think we'll ever fully recover from it... especially because I doubt we come out of this holding the same economic clout that we once had. Trump's given other countries new trade-partnering opportunities that don't include us, and they're likely going to rise to the occasion and fill them. A lot of that status we used to enjoy just isn't going to come back. Hope the Hillary-hatin' was worth it, 'cuz America's proven to be dispensable now, and has a president the world views as a joke they just have to work around.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Not a prediction, although almost anything he does is predictable. It's all about him.

I heard him this morning trying to blame Obama for the invasion of Crimea by the Russians while simultaneously pushing for Russia as a member of the G7.

zsomething

Floridatexan wrote:
Not a prediction, although almost anything he does is predictable.  It's all about him.  

I heard him this morning trying to blame Obama for the invasion of Crimea by the Russians while simultaneously pushing for Russia as a member of the G7.  

Yep. That was one of the most pathetic things I ever heard, especially from a president. Trump will never hold Russia accountable for anything, because he neeeeeeeeeds to feel like big-tough-guy-Putin "likes" him. And there's nothing Trump won't blame Obama for because he knows that Obama was ten thousand times the president he'll ever be.

Trump is the most insecure, sycophantic wretch ever to hold any office, much less president, and his base look like absolute fools for having elected him. They're frantic because the rest of the world sees it.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Russia and China ran over Obama by any objective measure.

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:Yep.  That was one of the most pathetic things I ever heard, especially from a president.   Trump will never hold Russia accountable for anything, because he neeeeeeeeeds to feel like big-tough-guy-Putin "likes" him.   And there's nothing Trump won't blame Obama for because he knows that Obama was ten thousand times the president he'll ever be.

Trump is the most insecure, sycophantic wretch ever to hold any office, much less president, and his base look like absolute fools for having elected him.   They're frantic because the rest of the world sees it.

cheers cheers cheers cheers

And I cheer with absolutely NO joy.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

zsomething wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Not a prediction, although almost anything he does is predictable.  It's all about him.  

Yep.  That was one of the most pathetic things I ever heard, especially from a president.   Trump will never hold Russia accountable for anything, because he neeeeeeeeeds to feel like big-tough-guy-Putin "likes" him.   And there's nothing Trump won't blame Obama for because he knows that Obama was ten thousand times the president he'll ever be.

Trump is the most insecure, sycophantic wretch ever to hold any office, much less president, and his base look like absolute fools for having elected him.   They're frantic because the rest of the world sees it.

DJT's performance at the G7 was jaw-dropping to say the least. We are becoming used to his lies, which may be cleaver when they're about his financial dealings, which are hard to check. This weekend, however, there was a stream of just plane fake claims in full world view. He claims he got, not one, but two, phone calls from China saying they were ready to return to talks. China says this never happened. He says he is unable to make a meeting because he's meeting with India and Germany at that time. India and Germany are at the very meeting he claims is in conflict with his schedule. Of course there's his push to get Russia re-instated in the G7, which was totally rejected by the other members. He claimed Melania was becoming good friends with Kim of North Korea. It turns out she's never even met him.

All this time his spokespeople are trying to clean things up, but are unable to do much more than to continue to muddy the waters.

I'm wondering how dysfunctional a president has to be before Congress acts or people take to the streets in protest? How much can we continue to overlook? Handwringing is no longer a sufficient reaction to all this. How far down the drain will our politicians, of both parties, allow the country to go before they start Impeachment for real? He seems to be in a fatal tailspin, but it's not just him, of course. He's taking the country with him. What in God's name is going on in Washington?

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:
What in God's name is going on in Washington?

That's the question of the century - and we all know the answer, but can't stand admitting it, because it means we have a rudderless government.

zsomething

othershoe1030 wrote:

DJT's performance at the G7 was jaw-dropping to say the least. We are becoming used to his lies, which may be cleaver when they're about his financial dealings, which are hard to check. This weekend, however, there was a stream of just plane fake claims in full world view. He claims he got, not one, but two, phone calls from China saying they were ready to return to talks. China says this never happened. He says he is unable to make a meeting because he's meeting with India and Germany at that time. India and Germany are at the very meeting he claims is in conflict with his schedule. Of course there's his push to get Russia re-instated in the G7, which was totally rejected by the other members. He claimed Melania was becoming good friends with Kim of North Korea. It turns out she's never even met him.

All this time his spokespeople are trying to clean things up, but are unable to do much more than to continue to muddy the waters.

I'm wondering how dysfunctional a president has to be before Congress acts or people take to the streets in protest? How much can we continue to overlook? Handwringing is no longer a sufficient reaction to all this. How far down the drain will our politicians, of both parties, allow the country to go before they start Impeachment for real? He seems to be in a fatal tailspin, but it's not just him, of course. He's taking the country with him. What in God's name is going on in Washington?

I'm afraid that the GOP is trying to do to the rest of the country what they've already done to the conservative South -- saturate it in a level of mind-boggling stupidity for an extended period of time so that absolute idiocy starts to seem "normal."

That way they don't even have to try anymore, because they have a population that's so brainwashed and stupid they don't even know what "bad government" looks like anymore. That's one reason places like Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, etc. keep electing idiots (remember Haley Barbour? I have family who know him, and even though they're friend with him they say it's amazing that ol' boy manages to get his pants on right-side-out in the morning he's so stump-fuck stupid) who rob us blind and keep us last in the nation. People here don't tend to venture that far from home, so they think this is as good as it can get, and that-there fella says "Jesus" a lot so we're gone keep voting for him even if the highways are bad and there ain't no jobs. They're not hard to trick. Anybody who can be convinced that the Nazis were left wing and that the KKK was started by liberals are ripe for being herded into any cattle chute ya want.

I mean, look at 'em... they already elect people like Louie Gohmert, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin... so, by the law of boiling a frog they've already got their base used to something like Trump. He can go about as Hee-Haw as he wants and they're still going to think it's acceptable.

Every day Trump pushes the crazy/stupid thing a little farther ("hey, let's drop nukes on hurricanes!") because getting his base to accept greater degrees of preposterousness has always been part of the plan. I'm not sure a base like that has a breaking point. Get people believing the world was undone by a talking snake, you just gotta see what else you can get them to believe...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum