Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is How it's Done

+3
bigdog
zsomething
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 9:49 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I like Joe. He'd be my pick to hang out with... drinks, dinner, cigar. I bet he's got a million stories.

But his gaffes are legendary. At some point he'll probably shoot himself in both feet.

27This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 1:57 pm

bigdog

I think that is what will plague Republicans in the 2020 election. Joe is really hard not to like.

It's kind of like Dennis Quaid and all those esurance commercials. (totally off topic.) In the first one of them, he said esurance chose him as their spokesman because people seemed to think he was likable. And he is. In fact (and I kid you not about this), he is so likable that I actually checked out on the prices of esurance and how they compared with my Geico policy. We've had Geico insurance for 47 years now. But, not any more. We got the same coverage through esurance for about $700 per year less.
So, there's something to be said with going with the likable guy after all Very Happy

True Story, that.

28This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 1:58 pm

bigdog

I think that is what will plague Republicans in the 2020 election. Joe is really hard not to like.

It's kind of like Dennis Quaid and all those esurance commercials. (totally off topic.) In the first one of them, he said esurance chose him as their spokesman because people seemed to think he was likable. And he is. In fact (and I kid you not about this), he is so likable that I actually checked out on the prices of esurance and how they compared with my Geico policy. We've had Geico insurance for 47 years now. But, not any more. We got the same coverage through esurance for about $700 per year less.
So, there's something to be said with going with the likable guy after all Very Happy

True Story, that.

29This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 4:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:I think that is what will plague Republicans in the 2020 election. Joe is really hard not to like.

True Story, that.

Fascinating. That's how I feel about Tom Selleck...wait, NO IT'S NOT!!! Every time I see that stupid reverse mortgage commercial, I want to puke. Same for Henry Winkler. I used to enjoy both of them; now I will go out of my way not to watch anything they do. Same for: Clint "empty chair" Eastwood, James Woods, Kelsey Grammar, Jon Voight, etc.

It seems Pete Buttegeig appeared on Fox; now they're tearing up his appearance with edits and claiming he insulted our forefathers. Repeat after me, "FOX IS NOT A LEGITIMATE NEWS OUTLET". Indeed, they're not even registered as one, but as "entertainment". I always knew what they were; it doesn't matter how many of them go down in flames. The people who regularly watch FOX to the exclusion of other networks are brainwashed and brain dead. They'd rather die than admit they've bought into the lies for so many years. Same with the diehard Drumpf supporters, although when the policies hit them in the pocketbook, a few can return to rationality. It's a damn waste of time for a Democrat to appear on that network.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/5/20/1859011/-Here-s-why-our-candidates-should-stay-far-away-from-town-halls-on-the-propaganda-network-Fox?utm_campaign=trending

30This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 4:58 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
bigdog wrote:I think that is what will plague Republicans in the 2020 election. Joe is really hard not to like.

True Story, that.

Fascinating.  That's how I feel about Tom Selleck...wait, NO IT'S NOT!!!  Every time I see that stupid reverse mortgage commercial, I want to puke.  Same for Henry Winkler.  I used to enjoy both of them; now I will go out of my way not to watch anything they do.  Same for:  Clint "empty chair" Eastwood, James Woods, Kelsey Grammar, Jon Voight, etc.

It seems Pete Buttegeig appeared on Fox; now they're tearing up his appearance with edits and claiming he insulted our forefathers.  Repeat after me, "FOX IS NOT A LEGITIMATE NEWS OUTLET".  Indeed, they're not even registered as one, but as "entertainment".  I always knew what they were; it doesn't matter how many of them go down in flames.  The people who regularly watch FOX to the exclusion of other networks are brainwashed and brain dead.  They'd rather die than admit they've bought into the lies for so many years.  Same with the diehard Drumpf supporters, although when the policies hit them in the pocketbook, a few can return to rationality.  It's a damn waste of time for a Democrat to appear on that network.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/5/20/1859011/-Here-s-why-our-candidates-should-stay-far-away-from-town-halls-on-the-propaganda-network-Fox?utm_campaign=trending

When I see the Dennis Quade commercial I think they could be funnier with his out of control brother Randy doing them. (I'm Back!) Funny you mention James Woods. He was great as Trump's original fixer Roy Cohn in Citizen Cohn. It's up to them, they can do Fox News or not. Maybe it will do them some good to see a bunch of Dems on their shit channel instead of the same lying republican swine.

31This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 5:08 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:We've had Geico insurance for 47 years now. But, not any more. We got the same coverage through esurance for about $700 per year less.

Just be prepared to watch your rate creep back up over the coming years, every year.  

We saved about $600 per year a number of years back switching from our long-time auto insurer, State Farm, to The Hartford's AARP program.   The rate has increased every year since except one, some worse than others.  And if we went back to State Farm today I could almost bet they'd offer a rate at least  $600 less than The Hartford.  

You can consider what you got as an intro rate.  It won't stay.

Listening to at least one talking head on the radio, the best way to save money on auto insurance is to go out and get quotes (and probably switch) every year.  Of course, one may lose certain benefits that way, but if the savings is substantial enough, it might be worth it.  

Still, what The Hartford (like all the others) is counting on is that most people (like us) will be too lazy to switch every year, and/or too afraid of losing those bennies, so will keep on paying the increases.  It's infuriating, but nobody's fault but mine if I don't bite the bullet and go looking again.  

Just HATE that there's no true loyalty in anything any more - from either buyer or seller.

32This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 5:32 pm

zsomething

Joe's only real problem is being a gaffe machine, but if this were at all a fair and balanced world, that wouldn't be a factor at all this time. Joe at his worst couldn't compete with the horrible idiotic untruthful shit that Trump says or tweets seventy, eighty times a day.

Unfortunately, there's a huuuuuge double standard. A Democrat isn't allowed to say anything even mildly wrong, while Trump could probably toss out the n-word and the c-word and his followers would shrug it off as being of no consequence. The dude's told over 10,000 verifiable lies and all you get if you mention that to a reich-winger is "Oh yeah, well, Obama said 'If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor!'" (Which wasn't even really a lie so much as a mistake, in a few isolated cases).

Trump gaffe-gallops so hard that he's just worn the public out until he's held to no standard at all. It's just expected of him. He's like having a dog that just won't stop shitting, so nobody even smacks it with a newspaper to tries to put it out anymore, they just live in a house full of crap and shrug and say, "Eh, Rover shits, it's what he does, what can ya do?" But another dog comes in, takes one dump, and everybody's like, "Oh my god, that's awful! Why don't you train that dog? Look what he did! Yeah, I know, Rover never stops doing it, but that's Rover, he's not trainable, he doesn't even sleep, he just craps, so forget about him, look at the terrible thing that other dog did!"

Really, Biden should have just about carte blanche to mis-speak his ass off... but, he won't.

It's hard to believe that only a few years ago Mitt Romney blew up his whole campaign by one comment about "the 47%," while Trump gets a pass for Nazis-are-very-fine-people, Putin-says-he-didn't-do-it-so-what-can-ya-do?, bleeding-from-her-wherever, grab-'em-by-the-pussy, they're-bringing-drugs-they're-rapists, look-at-her-face-ugh, knock-the-crap-out-of-'em, laziness-is-a-trait-in-blacks, etc. But, Trump's managed to degenerate society THAT far, THAT fast. Just goes to show ya, never get in the way of a sociopath...

33This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 5:39 pm

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:

It seems Pete Buttegeig appeared on Fox

B-u-t-t-i-g-i-e-g

FYI, if you care.

34This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 5:42 pm

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:It's hard to believe that only a few years ago Mitt Romney blew up his whole campaign by one comment about "the 47%," while Trump gets a pass for Nazis-are-very-fine-people, Putin-says-he-didn't-do-it-so-what-can-ya-do?,  bleeding-from-her-wherever,  grab-'em-by-the-pussy, they're-bringing-drugs-they're-rapists, look-at-her-face-ugh, knock-the-crap-out-of-'em, laziness-is-a-trait-in-blacks, etc.   But, Trump's managed to degenerate society THAT far, THAT fast.  

SO true - speaking of deplorable.

35This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/20/2019, 8:13 pm

bigdog

Telstar wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

True Story, that.

Fascinating.  That's how I feel about Tom Selleck...wait, NO IT'S NOT!!!  Every time I see that stupid reverse mortgage commercial, I want to puke.  Same for Henry Winkler.  I used to enjoy both of them; now I will go out of my way not to watch anything they do.  Same for:  Clint "empty chair" Eastwood, James Woods, Kelsey Grammar, Jon Voight, etc.

It seems Pete Buttegeig appeared on Fox; now they're tearing up his appearance with edits and claiming he insulted our forefathers.  Repeat after me, "FOX IS NOT A LEGITIMATE NEWS OUTLET".  Indeed, they're not even registered as one, but as "entertainment".  I always knew what they were; it doesn't matter how many of them go down in flames.  The people who regularly watch FOX to the exclusion of other networks are brainwashed and brain dead.  They'd rather die than admit they've bought into the lies for so many years.  Same with the diehard Drumpf supporters, although when the policies hit them in the pocketbook, a few can return to rationality.  It's a damn waste of time for a Democrat to appear on that network.

When I see the Dennis Quade commercial I think they could be funnier with his out of control brother Randy doing them. (I'm Back!) Funny you mention James Woods. He was great as Trump's original fixer Roy Cohn in Citizen Cohn. It's up to them, they can do Fox News or not. Maybe it will do them some good to see a bunch of Dems on their shit channel instead of the same lying republican swine.

Well, I guess it's a good thing I never looked up Dennis Quaid's political views before I phoned Esurance then. I wouldn't have saved all that money. I totally agree on Tom Sellick, Clint Eastwood and others who are so vocal with their radical right wing views. I can't stand to watch them anymore. James Woods is a terrible person politically, but the man really is a great actor. I have to give him that. I'm still going to watch A Dog's Journey tonight, and I'll just try to forget that Quaid thinks Ronald Reagan was such a great POTUS.  I've got to know what happened to that dog from A  Dog's Purpose.  
Dogs rule over politics.
Dogs rule over everything, IMO.

36This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/21/2019, 11:29 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

B-u-t-t-i-g-i-e-g

FYI, if you care.

What do you mean, "if you care"? I was in a hurry and didn't check the spelling. I'm still trying to pronounce it correctly. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

37This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/21/2019, 11:42 am

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

B-u-t-t-i-g-i-e-g

FYI, if you care.

What do you mean, "if you care"?  I was in a hurry and didn't check the spelling.  I'm still trying to pronounce it correctly. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

"If you care" means just what it says. Some people are sticklers for spelling, and some people simply don't care that much or even consider it important (yet often wax defensive when corrected).    Wink

Agree the pronunciation is tricky, especially with the double soft "g."

38This is How it's Done - Page 2 Empty Re: This is How it's Done 5/21/2019, 12:34 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

B-u-t-t-i-g-i-e-g

FYI, if you care.

What do you mean, "if you care"?  I was in a hurry and didn't check the spelling.  I'm still trying to pronounce it correctly. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

"If you care" means just what it says. Some people are sticklers for spelling, and some people simply don't care that much or even consider it important (yet often wax defensive when corrected).    Wink

Agree the pronunciation is tricky, especially with the double soft "g."

I was a proofreader of annual and quarterly reports and sent news releases over the wire services when I was in my early 20's. It's very important to me to get it right, but I didn't take the time to check...under pressure right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum