Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting article claims Trump is mentally in deep doo-doo for his CPAP conference

+2
Telstar
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Go here to read article:

https://www.alternet.org/2019/03/whether-it-was-genuine-madness-or-all-an-act-something-is-seriously-wrong-with-donald-trump/

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:Go here to read article:

https://www.alternet.org/2019/03/whether-it-was-genuine-madness-or-all-an-act-something-is-seriously-wrong-with-donald-trump/

To us it was a meltdown. I can see his supporters bolting out of their seats with tears in their eyes and screaming THAT'S OUR HITLER! His performance will only stir the hearts and minds of the fools that support him.

zsomething

Oh, there are all kinds of mental-illness goodies in Donald Trump's malformed head, but it's hard to tell exactly how crazy he is, because the conservative base is just wall-bouncing bonkers nowdays. And that's who he's playing to. He knows they're crazy. Honestly, I've never seen anyone with more contempt for his own base... he treats them like they're absolute idiots, but, because they are, they don't have enough sense to be offended by what he does. Lie to 'em! They don't care! Don't even make a token effort to make it sound good, they're gonna gulp it down their throbbing gullets anyhow.

The pandering is blatant enough to be insulting to anyone who wasn't comfortable with being regarded as stupid. I mean, come onnnnnn, man, hugging the flag? A child would see through that as an attempt to manipulate them. But, Trump does it, because he's operating at a wrestling-audience level. He's Hacksaw Jim Duggan, marching around like a nitwit with a two-by-four, stomping and leading chants of "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" Which is pretty cool when Hacksaw Jim does it, but he's a wrestler, that's kinda the fun. When the president of the United States does it, it's creepy... he's basically saying "I know you're all stupid, so here you go, fuckwits, enjoy your goddamn tractor pull and let me keep making use of ya."

If Trump's audience were sane, intelligent, self-respecting and dignified people, I'm not sure he would've acted out like such a lunatic. But... did you catch any of the other people at CPAC? Most of 'em were at least as bugnuts! Seb Gorka claiming "Democrats are coming to steal your hamburgers!" The MyPillow clown doing whatever-the-hell weirdness he was doing. Charlie Kirk basically declaring Democrats to be demons or at least untermenschen. And Candace Owens typical ridiculous grift -- everything that comes out of her face is complete lunacy, but she knows her audience and she's exploiting the hell out of their need to see someone black and female telling them they're not racists or misogynists. It's all about money, and conservatives fleece their flock like televangelists. Hell, the crossover audience between CPAC and televangelists is HUGE, anyway, so they use the same cultish tactics.

So, yeah, I agree, Trump was off-the-rails crazy, but we see that because we would be alarmed at one of our political figures behaving that way. What's left of the conservatives, though, that loopy psycho shit is what they want. They want their leaders to say crazy things, because crazy things are what they believe.

What's mostly alarming isn't Trump's behavior... it's that there's a receptive audience for it! We have a whole bunch of people in this country who want an authoritarian strongman dictator and a theocracy. And they think they're "patriots" for wanting it.

This country's population is fucked-up. It's stuck on stupid, a whole hell of a lot of it, brainwashed like crazy, and I don't know what we're gonna do about it. Trump's time will pass, hopefully sooner than later, but his dumbfuck looneytoons base will still be there, and they'll die out eventually, but they're likely to do a whole hell of a lot of damage on their way out. Just holding up progress and reviving racism may be damage enough.

bigdog

What's mostly alarming isn't Trump's behavior... it's that there's a receptive audience for it! We have a whole bunch of people in this country who want an authoritarian strongman dictator and a theocracy. And they think they're "patriots" for wanting it.

Absolutely. It's not Donald Trump who surprises me so much, it's polling like NBC did over the weekend showing a 46 percent approval rating. Who are these people?
I'm willing to say that a good 1/3rd of all Americans are such racists that they would follow Trump anywhere, but not 46%. The rest of them, I have to assume, are the anti-abortion crowd that has sold their souls over an issue that there's not one single word in the Bible about.  And they've become positively hateful over it. Democrats are all murderers to these people- that's a mental illness too. Is 46% of America either hopelessly filled with racial hate or mentally ill over people who don't exist yet? It's hard for me to accept that idea, but more and more I do. I don't see this group growing though, just because of the demographic changes in this country, which are what Trump is trying desperately to slow down. He can't do it with any wall, so I'm optimistic about the future. It's not going to be ruled by old white men anymore, and we'll see what happens then. Of course, with global warming, it's going to be a lot different country by then. And I don't think me driving my little hybrid is going to make a lot of difference anymore. It's just too late.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:  We have a whole bunch of people in this country who want an authoritarian strongman dictator and a theocracy.  

I'm not so sure that's all it is. I think what's driving a lot of Trump's base is that they want ANYONE who isn't a "politician" because they're so dissatisfied with politics and because they don't understand how complicated democratic governance is.

Another part of the problem is how much big money has corrupted the political sphere. The intersection of laissez-faire capitalism and democracy is a really toxic swamp and all politicians are perceived as having been poisoned by it.

The same sort of thing happened in Minnesota when Jesse Ventura got elected governor. To me, it doesn't make any sense. I WANT politicians running the government for the same reason I want a doctor taking out my appendix not a shoemaker.

Telstar

Telstar

'The pandering is blatant enough to be insulting to anyone who wasn't comfortable with being regarded as stupid. I mean, come onnnnnn, man, hugging the flag? A child would see through that as an attempt to manipulate them. But, Trump does it, because he's operating at a wrestling-audience level. He's Hacksaw Jim Duggan, marching around like a nitwit with a two-by-four, stomping and leading chants of "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" Which is pretty cool when Hacksaw Jim does it, but he's a wrestler, that's kinda the fun. When the president of the United States does it, it's creepy... he's basically saying "I know you're all stupid, so here you go, fuckwits, enjoy your goddamn tractor pull and let me keep making use of ya."

zsomething

Maybe you don't know that King Kong Don is a member of the WWE hall of fame. Oh and WWE Linda McMahon threw away over $100 million on two failed senate campaigns but all she had to do was contribute $10 million to Donny and now she's the small business czar. Donny may be cleaning the swamp but now he's filling it up again with his own critters. Keep supporting him you hair brained shithole rubes. Twisted Evil

bigdog

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:  We have a whole bunch of people in this country who want an authoritarian strongman dictator and a theocracy.  

I'm not so sure that's all it is. I think what's driving a lot of Trump's base is that they want ANYONE who isn't a "politician" because they're so dissatisfied with politics and because they don't understand how complicated democratic governance is.

Another part of the problem is how much big money has corrupted the political sphere. The intersection of laissez-faire capitalism and democracy is a really toxic swamp and all politicians are perceived as having been poisoned by it.

The same sort of thing happened in Minnesota when Jesse Ventura got elected governor. To me, it doesn't make any sense. I WANT politicians running the government for the same reason I want a doctor taking out my appendix not a shoemaker.
DA-YUM   I agreed with every word of that post, especially about wanting a politician to run the government.
I must have something wrong with me tonight. I'd better go get some rest.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:
Deus X wrote:

DA-YUM   I agreed with every word of that post, especially about wanting a politician to run the government.
I must have something wrong with me tonight. I'd better go get some rest.

lol!   Agree with both of you, and I, too, am heading off to bed.

zsomething

Deus X wrote:

Absolutely. But a lot of conservatives only have a very vague grasp of what government even is. I live among 'em and I gotta say, they tend to grow like alligators -- they get bigger, but they pretty much are what they are by toddlerhood. They can hold down a job and pay bills or whatever, but they're still mostly big children, not understanding anything that they don't absolutely have to, wanting someone to tell them what to do... but with the illusion that's not what's happening. It's like church. Church is, basically, slavery. Ya abdicate your will to a preacher... but they don't like to think that's what they're doing.

They always think "government is the problem," never realizing that bad government is the problem... and the track record shows that they elect most of the bad governance. But you can't wise 'em up 'cuz they've got a team-sports thing going, they'll never listen to anyone but their own team.

They're easily tricked into doing dumb things... because they're children.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Deus X wrote:

Absolutely.   But a lot of conservatives only have a very vague grasp of what government even is.   I live among 'em and I gotta say, they tend to grow like alligators -- they get bigger, but they pretty much are what they are by toddlerhood.  They can hold down a job and pay bills or whatever, but they're still mostly big children, not understanding anything that they don't absolutely have to, wanting someone to tell them what to do... but with the illusion that's not what's happening.  It's like church.  Church is, basically, slavery.  Ya abdicate your will to a preacher... but they don't like to think that's what they're doing.  

They always think "government is the problem," never realizing that bad government is the problem... and the track record shows that they elect most of the bad governance.  But you can't wise 'em up 'cuz they've got a team-sports thing going, they'll never listen to anyone but their own team.

They're easily tricked into doing dumb things... because they're children.

RNC recruitment video.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum