Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robert Reich is right about a lot of stuff. Is he right about this?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

Robert Reich: America has already fired Trump

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s soon-to-be-delivered report will trigger months of congressional investigations, subpoenas, court challenges, partisan slugfests, media revelations and more desperate conspiracy claims by Donald Trump, all against the backdrop of the burning questions: Will he be impeached by the House? Will he be convicted by the Senate? Will he pull a Richard Nixon and resign?

In other words, will America fire Trump?

I have news for you. America has already fired him.

When the public fires a president before election day — as it did with Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon and Herbert Hoover — they don’t send him a letter telling him he’s fired. They just make him irrelevant. Politics happens around him, despite him. He’s not literally gone, but he might as well be.

It’s happened to Trump. The courts and House Democrats are moving against him. Senate Republicans are quietly subverting him. Even Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told him to end the shutdown.

The Fed is running economic policy. Top-level civil servants are managing the day-to-day work of the agencies. States are taking up the slack: California, for example, is now running environmental policy.

Isolated in the White House, distrustful of aides, at odds with intelligence agencies, distant from his Cabinet heads, Trump has no system to make or implement decisions.

His tweets don’t create headlines as before. His rallies are ignored. His lies have become old hat.

Action and excitement have shifted elsewhere, to Democratic challengers, even to a 29-year-old freshman congresswoman too young to run for president.

Don’t get me wrong. He’s still dangerous, like an old land mine buried in the mud. He could start a nuclear war.

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/28/america-has-already-fired-trump_partner/

zsomething

Yeah, Trump hates being irrelevant, so I worry a bit that he's going to act out to get attention.

Trump's not only fired, for most of the country I don't think he's ever really taken the job. He's never provided any actual "leadership," just a lot of bragging. He has a cult of team-player "good-German" Republicans who will cheer on anything he does just because he's "their team" and they have to back him or admit that they're idiots for supporting such a thing.

That core cult isn't going to be shaken off by anything. Trump could probably trample a baby to death while playing a kazoo and that 30% would find some way to justify sticking with him. They're Scientologists-For-Trump, basically, with too much invested to give up on him.

But the rest of the country? I think he wore them out a long time ago and they're weary of it and are just trying to play out a bad hand.

The Republicans are trying desperately to keep people from jumping ship by coming up with increasingly insane bullshit to try to make their base feel like they're embattled and have nowhere else to go. This week it's claims that Democrats are in favor of infanticide, of all things. You have to have real contempt for your base to feed them some ridiculous shit like that... but, that base has proven worthy of the contempt so many times they'll probably fall for it again. They want a reason to keep clinging to this failure they bought, and they hate the Dems (because they've been trained to) and so they'll buy anything at this point, just so they don't have to give up on the big lie.

Or, at least the ones who don't have good enough sense to be embarrassed at what's being done to them will buy it. The smart ones with integrity -- the Max Boots and Bill Kristols and Rick Wilsons and Ana Navarros -- got fed up and leapt off a while back. Their remaining core of knuckle-dragging dullards (*coughpeckerbumcough*) will find some way to cling to Trump's shoe like the trodden-upon dogshit they are.

bigdog

No, Deus the troll, America has not fired Trump. Robert Reich is wrong. Saying he's impotent now is simply a ploy to make us feel secure while he further solidifies his control over this country. And no, the Republicans in the Senate haven't abandoned him. Neither will his appointees on the court.
I don't know why Reich made the statement he did, but I know he's not out there spreading propaganda on the internet.
And after your last few posts, I'm sure that you are.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Robert Reich is correct...I would estimate that at least 2/3 of US voters had enough of Drumpf in week one, if his campaign didn't already make them nauseous. It should be obvious to everyone at this point in time that he's a career criminal and always has been, that he's using the presidency to enrich himself and his toadies, and that he really isn't all that bright. I think 45 has about a 45-word vocabulary. And DeusX is not a troll (although he can be annoying).

bigdog

He definitely posts like a troll. Unless someone can vouch for him personally (as in knowing him off the forum), I'm sticking to my opinion on that subject.
I think believing Robert Reich's article is letting your guard down in a huge way. This is the first time our government has been hijacked by an organized crime figure as well as a foreign government operative.
Any effort, even by Robert Reich, to make Americans believe it's all going to be okay,  indicates to me that it's someone who wants to lull this country into feeling secure again. We can't feel secure as long as Donald Trump or any of his family members is anywhere close to the White House.
He is not like anyone who has ever been in that office before, he's not even like any human I've ever known. What person with any soul would make fun of John McCain's imprisonment, of Gold Star parents who have lost their son, or would have told the world a couple of days ago that Kim Jung Un was not responsible for the brutal murder of a young American whose crime was stealing a poster off a hallway wall? He knew the kids parents would be hurt deeply when he said this crap, he didn't give a damn because he's got no humanity left inside of him.
Anybody who says we need not be afraid of a president who is still in office like Trump is out to con the American people. Even if it's Robert Reich. And especially if it's an internet troll.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:He definitely posts like a troll. Unless someone can vouch for him personally (as in knowing him off the forum), I'm sticking to my opinion on that subject.
I think believing Robert Reich's article is letting your guard down in a huge way. This is the first time our government has been hijacked by an organized crime figure as well as a foreign government operative.
Any effort, even by Robert Reich, to make Americans believe it's all going to be okay,  indicates to me that it's someone who wants to lull this country into feeling secure again. We can't feel secure as long as Donald Trump or any of his family members is anywhere close to the White House.
He is not like anyone who has ever been in that office before, he's not even like any human I've ever known. What person with any soul would make fun of John McCain's imprisonment, of Gold Star parents who have lost their son, or would have told the world a couple of days ago that Kim Jung Un was not responsible for the brutal murder of a young American whose crime was stealing a poster off a hallway wall? He knew the kids parents would be hurt deeply when he said this crap, he didn't give a damn because he's got no humanity left inside of him.
Anybody who says we need not be afraid of a president who is still in office like Trump is out to con the American people. Even if it's Robert Reich. And especially if it's an internet troll.

I know DeusX. He's not a troll. Neither is Robert Reich. I think we would all like to put this national nightmare behind us.

bigdog

Okay, I take your word for it because you have always been one of the totally honest people on the forums. If you know him, that's good.
He's just posted a few things lately that were very strange, IMO.
Sorry 'bout that Deus.
I was obviously wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum