Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Religious fundamentalists are sick puppies. Here's scientific proof:

+6
Vikingwoman
Telstar
bigdog
RealLindaL
PkrBum
Wordslinger
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PkrBum

PkrBum

Real atheists don't give a damn what others think or why about religion... unless it's a violent theocracy.

This agenda driven atheism is simply an anti-religion religion. They want to grow their religion/ideology fervently.

Real atheists don't care.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cheers

bigdog

cheers cheers I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've given you a cheer imogee Pkr.

But I have to agree. I don't believe in a lot of things and I don't care who else believes in them or doesn't. 
I don't even know what any of my three kids think about religion ( Sometimes I suspect I do, but I don't know from asking them.) All I want them to be is happy while they are here.

And I sure don't understand that if you believe nothing is there, you want everybody else to believe the same. That's their business and nobody else's. The two wisest people I've ever known are both non-practicing, generic Christians. And neither of them is crazy, or brain damaged, or stupid.

Vikingwoman

I don't care what other people believe. The only thing I can about is that they don't make laws based on their religion.

Deus X

Deus X

Vikingwoman wrote:I don't care what other people believe. The only thing I can about is that they don't make laws based on their religion.

But, but...      America's a Christian nation, founded by God! The Constitution is the divinely inspired Word of God. It's right there in the bible, you heathen!

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:I don't care what other people believe. The only thing I can about is that they don't make laws based on their religion.

But, but...      America's a Christian nation, founded by God! The Constitution is the divinely inspired Word of God. It's right there in the bible, you heathen!

In God We Trust, just ask Allah.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Abuse of Faith

20 years, 700 victims: Southern Baptist sexual abuse spreads as leaders resist reforms
By Robert Downen, Lise Olsen, and John Tedesco

Multimedia by Jon Shapley

Published Feb. 10, 2019

First of three parts

"Thirty-five years later, Debbie Vasquez's voice trembled as she described her trauma to a group of Southern Baptist leaders.

She was 14, she said, when she was first molested by her pastor in Sanger, a tiny prairie town an hour north of Dallas. It was the first of many assaults that Vasquez said destroyed her teenage years and, at 18, left her pregnant by the Southern Baptist pastor, a married man more than a dozen years older.

In June 2008, she paid her way to Indianapolis, where she and others asked leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention and its 47,000 churches to track sexual predators and take action against congregations that harbored or concealed abusers. Vasquez, by then in her 40s, implored them to consider prevention policies like those adopted by faiths that include the Catholic Church..."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Southern-Baptist-sexual-abuse-spreads-as-leaders-13588038.php?fbclid=IwAR2v8sjAzTQu-kC43Zev5xmYdF9dJUEeX8QTdWiWwPTh881aGWUnSprg0I4

Of course, this isn't confined to Catholics and Baptists. But these people aren't real Christians. Neither is the leadership that won't address the problems...they're complicit. There is so much hypocrisy in organized religion that it's given all faiths a bad rap. Add to that the blatant money grabs that go to yachts and private planes and effing televangelism. No wonder so many people reject organized religion. At the same time, I know too many good people...true Christians...who try to live by the teachings of Jesus...or Mohammed...or whomever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum