Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Varsity Game last night!

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/21/2018, 10:58 pm

2seaoat

Thank you.  She is a beautiful girl who will learn life lessons of leadership, defeat, and victory.  I have always found in the business and professional world that those who participated in sports in youth have a certain confidence.

Also, thank you for the wonderful photos in the PM.....what a beautiful family and I so miss bleacher butt and the fun of being at the game.

27Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/22/2018, 12:04 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You are my inspiration in guiding her. She realizes her ability and strives to lead. Defeat is still hard for her. I am so proud of her. She remains at the top of her class.

She was very close to her paternal grandfather. He lived through several serious life threatening conditions before he died. It was our granddaughter that gave him extra life. She was 9 when Grand died. She wrote a 3 page eulogy and read it at his funeral. She said everyone needed to know what her grandfather meant to her and her two sisters. There was not a dry eye in the standing room only church. She is very special.

28Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/22/2018, 4:01 am

2seaoat

The biggest gift I can give my grandchildren is time. That is something I simply cannot control, but I have faith that seeds planted in fertile ground will grow strong. Grandparents have pure joy in sharing their grandchildren's adventures in life, but by design, our time is short.

29Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/22/2018, 6:39 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

As I have said before... you have created wonderful memories with your family. Your grandchildren are lucky to have those memories for the rest of their lives,

30Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/23/2018, 8:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bad news for our 3 point shooter/point guard. She injured her ankle in the last game. She tore 3 of her 5 ligaments. Scheduled for surgery on Thursday. Heart breaking for this talented senior.

31Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/24/2018, 11:27 pm

2seaoat

Same thing happened with one of my daughter's teammates. They won the conference, but they never went deep in the state tournament. The good news that the injured girl now has a husband and two kids and is working as a nurse making contributions just like all her teammates. It is sad, but soon that competitive drive will simply be transferred to some other positive activity.

32Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/25/2018, 12:50 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We have a weak coach and a super assistant coach. The head coach likes to showcase one player. This injured girl, a good player, played in the shadow for 2 years. This year she was being showcased and pushed to play the entire game. Too much pressure. It is a team sport.

Merry Christmas, Seaoat.

33Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/30/2018, 12:22 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

They lost in the Christmas tournament but granddaughter had 16 rebounds in one of the games. She was awarded best player on her team for the tournament. Seaoat, I am so proud.

34Varsity Game last night! - Page 2 Empty Re: Varsity Game last night! 12/30/2018, 2:47 am

RealLindaL

Congrats to her and her proud grandmother!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum