Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump actually may do something good....

+2
zsomething
bigdog
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bigdog

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/14/donald-trump-embraces-criminal-justice-reform-package-congress/2000991002/

Unbelievable. It couldn't happen while Sessions was AG.

zsomething

Hey, Dubya did the do-not-call list. Even the worst ones are due to let at least one or two good pieces of legislation slip through amidst all their malefic horror... Smile

RealLindaL

"Malefic horror" -- hmmm.... Gotta write that one down!

Deus X

Deus X

I'm sure this will happen. After all, Trump has such a sterling reputation for probity and honesty and McConnell's practically a humanitarian activist.  

This is nothing but political Three-card Monte. Keep watching that card with the bent corner, you saps!

bigdog

Yeah, the do not call list was a very good thing while it lasted. I don't know about y'all, but I get at least 2 robocalls every day with someone telling me they are so concerned about my interest rates, and don't I want them lowered.
I think they've gotten around the law with hidden numbers and mechanical calls to the point it just doesn't work anymore.

I don't know if Trump might do what he says in this case or not, but if he does, it will be the first good thing of any significance that he's done as POTUS.

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Yeah, the do not call list was a very good thing while it lasted. I don't know about y'all, but I get at least 2 robocalls every day with someone telling me they are so concerned about my interest rates, and don't I want them lowered.
I think they've gotten around the law with hidden numbers and mechanical calls to the point it just doesn't work anymore.

I don't know if Trump might do what he says in this case or not, but if he does, it will be the first good thing of any significance that he's done as POTUS.

Jumping off a bridge would be another good thing.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

bigdog wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/14/donald-trump-embraces-criminal-justice-reform-package-congress/2000991002/

Unbelievable. It couldn't happen while Sessions was AG.

Unfortunately this proposed reform only covers federal crimes and a great deal of unnecessary and ineffective incarceration takes place at the state level.
I worked in security at a medium security men's facility in a state out west. Originally the facility had been a reformatory for juvenal offenders and had many training programs left over from that era, which they still used. There were also educational opportunities.

This is a step in the right direction but it's a long way from fixing the overall system's tendencies to lock people up in unnecessary numbers for way too long without any meaningful help to stem recidivism.

zsomething

Trump's taking an interest in prison because he thinks he might be going there. Smile When he starts trying to set up prison golf courses, then we'll know for sure.

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:Trump's taking an interest in prison because he thinks he might be going there. Smile   When he starts trying to set up prison golf courses, then we'll know for sure.

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum