Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How are you feeling, Seaoat?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 12:09 pm

2seaoat

How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 20181110

27How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 12:35 pm

RealLindaL

Yep, that's snow, all right.   Brrrrr.

As for losing track of day and/or time of day, when I volunteered at a local assisted living facility a few years back I bought one of my "charges" (residents I visited regularly) a small, thin Sharp digital desk clock that displayed, in large numerals/letters, not only time in a.m. or p.m. but also month, date, day of the week and temperature.  It also had a button on the front to light it up when viewing at night.  When she died I brought it home and view it every morning in the master bathroom.  

Maybe Mrs. Sea could find something like that for you at Wal-Mart or wherever?  I think it could be very helpful.  Googling around, some of these clocks even display the words morning, afternoon, evening or night.  Here's just one on Amazon that's apparently a wall mount, but there should also be a smaller, free standing type available such as I have:

Amazon.com Clear Clock

OK, just found another on Amazon that sits on a flat surface like mine does:

Amazon.com American Lifetime Clock

Much better, of course, if you can find something like this locally - wouldn't trust Amazon to get it to you right away.

Don't blame you for keeping yourself focused on the next PRRT, while also understanding Mrs. Sea's objections.   I feel certain you'll come to the right decision together when the time gets a little closer.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 11/26/2018, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

28How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 12:36 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Very well stated post. I agree with RLL.

cheers cheers

Knot, great to hear from you! Don't forget to keep us updated on you and your wife...we care.

29How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 12:45 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:she loves playing in the snow, but as soon as it gets as deep as her stuff, she hates going to the bathroom.....two inches and she squats and plays.  Eight inches, and she turns and looks at my wife as if it is her fault, and she has to be let out about three times.

P.S. This was hilarious, BTW.

P.P.S. Thanks for the long post!!

30How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 1:05 pm

2seaoat

Our neighbor is our hero. He has plowed our driveway and the parking area in front of the house. This will allow me to safely get to the car in an emergency. If the snow gets much deeper, I will have to break out the bobcat and take the snow to the river to dispose of it as it just locks us up once we start pushing snow with a truck. However, I am so weak now that I will need an adult male to lift me up from behind to push me into the cab. If the snow stops, I will not have to do anything. Our state roads are mostly closed, but we have access to a major state road which is a level one road which has their first priority on keeping it clear. School has been cancelled for Tuesday so this is a huge blessing to one sick old guy to enjoy his grandsons one more extra day.....sweet. I am amazed that I am still posting

31How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 2:15 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Great suggestion Linda. I have one up north and it's great. There's an outside sensor for temp. But I've seen some that use wifi to get noaa or weather channel predictions. I prefer the sensor placed in the shade.

Seagoat... if you start an account at globalpoker.com we could play some poker together. Just play chips... tho they do give you $2 to start with too. If you play 50 hands at play chip (i usually played the lowest playchip when i started)... (or money) they allow you to enter a money tourn at 9pm est for .11 cents. Usually 300 to 500 cash (gold coins)Very bad players. I built my bankroll there. But risk as little as possible to reach 50. You'll get a pop up when you've reached 50 hands played. Preflop folds don't count. Must see flop. I've got millions of play chips now... and around $700 cash (gold coins) it's just a fun distraction a couple of times a month. I think it's still illegal to pull money out. So use banfroll management.

Just a fun thing to try. No risk. If you do like it let me know. We can play a bit together.

Last edited by PkrBum on 11/26/2018, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

32How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 2:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Our neighbor is our hero.  He has plowed our driveway and the parking area in front of the house.  This will allow me to safely get to the car in an emergency.  If the snow gets much deeper, I will have to break out the bobcat and take the snow to the river to dispose of it as it just locks us up once we start pushing snow with a truck.  However, I am so weak now that I will need an adult male to lift me up from behind to push me into the cab.  If the snow stops, I will not have to do anything.  Our state roads are mostly closed, but we have access to a major state road which is a level one road which has their first priority on keeping it clear.  School has been cancelled for Tuesday so this is a huge blessing to one sick old guy to enjoy his grandsons one more extra day.....sweet.  I am amazed that I am still posting

Stay warm and stay out of the bobcat!!!

33How are you feeling, Seaoat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you feeling, Seaoat? 11/26/2018, 3:40 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Stay warm and stay out of the bobcat!!!

C'mon, Sea, Joani's absolutely right.   My suggestion (yeah I know you didn't ask for it) is this:  

Whatever Mrs. Sea would be doing if you were gone and this situation arose, do it now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum