Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Tax Plan 2.0 Cements the Worst Economic Policy in a Generation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"Hot on the heels of last year’s once-in-a-generation tax changes, House Republicans are pushing a new, extended plan to double down on their previous efforts, which primarily awarded tax giveaways to corporations and the wealthy.

The focus this time is on making permanent some individual tax provisions that were left temporary in the 2017 law. Like their predecessors from tax plan 1.0, these provisions disproportionately reward the richest 1 percent of Americans, and add hundreds of billions of dollars to the deficit while emptying public coffers.

In a time of ever-worsening economic inequality, tax plan 2.0 reads as a resounding failure to bring about real solutions and doubles down on some of the worst policy decisions in a generation..."

https://truthout.org/articles/trump-tax-plan-2-0-cements-the-worst-economic-policy-in-a-generation/

zsomething

And the Trump cultists will still claim the rich need the tax cuts and it'll trickle down to the rest of us. Meanwhile, prices go up.

At work we got a "raise" this year, after they begged off giving us one for the past two years. A lot of the Trump-cult among my co-workers waved this raise around like a Trump triumph... until we saw the actual raise.

Know what it amounted to? I shit you not: four dollars a paycheck.

That's it. They literally could have just paid us in gum. Even the Trump cultists were pissed.

And that's after the previous tax cut that was supposed to make us all richer and got the cultists excited, which turned out to amount to... eight dollars a paycheck. Again, even the cultists were let down by that one.

Meanwhile, they've noticed the prices of everything are going up, bigly. And, this being Mississippi, most of 'em have relatives who are soybean farmers, and a lot of 'em are worried about losing their farms now because of the tariffs.

The Republicans did such a good job hoodwinking the stupidiest segment of society by hopelessly entangling religion and politics, so I'm not sure if anything will wake them up... but, I do see them stirring in their sleep. If they ever wake up and conservatives lose the South, they're fucking done. The stupidity of the South has been their life-support-system ever since "the great Southern strategy" and the Citizens Council. If that slips, they are gone be screwed some kinda beautiful.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It's not just Drumpf. It's the entire Republican Party that's selling out the poor and middle class. He's just their useful idiot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum