Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In 2011 Kavanaugh Ruled Foreign Actors May Fund American Political Advocacy Groups (Russia/NRA)

+5
polecat
zsomething
2seaoat
ConservaLady
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

In 2011 Kavanaugh Ruled Foreign Actors May Fund American Political Advocacy Groups (Russia/NRA) - Page 2 Dht-6RpVMAALNty

In 2011 Kavanaugh Ruled Foreign Actors May Fund American Political Advocacy Groups (Russia/NRA) - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrn2Q-UT2UaBNQhuW0RsdAALv_ARitXasHlehuz0ky1_yvFIXZ

Telstar

Telstar

I'm up for grabs Don Boy.

In 2011 Kavanaugh Ruled Foreign Actors May Fund American Political Advocacy Groups (Russia/NRA) - Page 2 Pussy11

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:

Any real American would be proud to shake his hand but not snot nose Kavanaugh.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

In 2011 Kavanaugh Ruled Foreign Actors May Fund American Political Advocacy Groups (Russia/NRA) - Page 2 Fri4979

zsomething

Here's another great moment in conservative hypocrisy.

Remember the constant paranoia from the TEA Party jagoffs that Obama was going to secretly use FEMA to build "concentration camps"? It never happened, but they still bring it up all the time like it was gonna.

Well, guess who actually did use FEMA money to build interment camps?

Yep.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-redirected-nearly-10-million-fema-funds-immigration-customs-enforcement/

Right as hurricane season starts up, and after the disastrous 3000-dead Puerto Rico fuckup, Trump took ten million in FEMA money to build his own little Manzanars for ICE.

If you're waiting for the TEA Partiers to stand up for that, I hope you brought a book to read. War and Peace, maybe, or Rememberance of Things Past. Hell, maybe both, you're gonna be there a while.

Trump's trying to call Puerto Rico a "big success," so my hopes for the Carolinas are sinking pretty quick. Trump has -- with the aid and abetting of his drooling I.Q.-32 base -- decided that he doesn't actually have to do things, he can just say he did 'em really good and his supporters will go along with it. He's got 'em on a leash.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Here's another great moment in conservative hypocrisy.

Remember the constant paranoia from the TEA Party jagoffs that Obama was going to secretly use FEMA to build "concentration camps"?   It never happened, but they still bring it up all the time like it was gonna.  

Well, guess who actually did use FEMA money to build interment camps?

Yep.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-redirected-nearly-10-million-fema-funds-immigration-customs-enforcement/

Right as hurricane season starts up, and after the disastrous 3000-dead Puerto Rico fuckup, Trump took ten million in FEMA money to build his own little Manzanars for ICE.

If you're waiting for the TEA Partiers to stand up for that, I hope you brought a book to read.   War and Peace, maybe, or Rememberance of Things Past.   Hell, maybe both, you're gonna be there a while.

Trump's trying to call Puerto Rico a "big success," so my hopes for the Carolinas are sinking pretty quick.   Trump has -- with the aid and abetting of his drooling I.Q.-32 base -- decided that he doesn't actually have to do things, he can just say he did 'em really good and his supporters will go along with it.  He's got 'em on a leash.

That's where they belong, on a leash.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Secrets of Leonard Leo, the Man Behind Trump’s Supreme Court Pick

A Catholic fundamentalist who controls a network of right-wing groups funded by dark money has put three justices on the court. He’s about to get a fourth.

Jay Michaelson
07.09.18 5:16 AM ET

In 2011 Kavanaugh Ruled Foreign Actors May Fund American Political Advocacy Groups (Russia/NRA) - Page 2 180708-michaelson-leonard-leo-hero_o35pe7

"When President Donald Trump nominates a justice to the Supreme Court on Monday night, he will be carrying out the agenda of a small, secretive network of extremely conservative Catholic activists already responsible for placing three justices (Alito, Roberts, and Gorsuch) on the high court.

And yet few people know who they are—until now.

At the center of the network is Leonard Leo of the Federalist Society, the association of legal professionals that has been the pipeline for nearly all of Trump’s judicial nominees. (Leo is on leave from the Federalist Society to personally assist Trump in picking a replacement for Justice Anthony Kennedy.) His formal title is executive vice president, but that role belies Leo’s influence.

Directly or through surrogates, he has placed dozens of life-tenure judges on the federal bench; effectively controls the Judicial Crisis Network, which led the opposition to President Obama’s high court nominee, Judge Merrick Garland; he heavily influences the Becket Fund law firm that represented Hobby Lobby in its successful challenge of contraception; and now supervises admissions and hires at the George Mason Law School, newly renamed in memory of Justice Antonin Scalia.

“Leonard Leo was a visionary,” said Tom Carter, who served as Leo’s media relations director when he was chairman of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), in an exclusive interview with The Daily Beast. “He figured out twenty years ago that conservatives had lost the culture war. Abortion, gay rights, contraception—conservatives didn’t have a chance if public opinion prevailed. So they needed to stack the courts.”

Amazingly, said Carter, Leo has succeeded in this mission with few people taking notice.

“The Christian right has been written about a lot, but hardly anyone talks about the Catholic right,” Carter said. “Four Supreme Court justices—they’re more successful than anybody: the NRA, the Israel lobby, Big Pharma, no one else has had that kind of impact.”..."

(more)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-secrets-of-leonard-leo-the-man-behind-trumps-supreme-court-pick?ref=scroll

Opus Dei and the Knights of Malta...extremist "catholics".

(This is the guy that reminds me of Mike Pence, who used to be Catholic but is now a member of whatever sect is useful.)

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Kavanaugh will be confirmed despite the lying rants of loony liberal lying leftists who seek to destroy America. Count on it. Ginsburg will be next.

Brett Kavanaugh’s Opponents Aren’t Really Against Him. They’re Against the Constitution.

One of the best statements of how the Framers saw the role of the federal government is found in Federalist Paper 45, written by James Madison, who is known as the “Father of the Constitution”:

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce. … The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people.

Today’s reality is the polar opposite of that vision. The powers of the federal government are numerous and indefinite, and those of state governments are few and defined.

If confirmed, Brett Kavanaugh will bring to the Supreme Court a vision closer to that of the Framers than the vision of those who believe that the Constitution is a “living document.”

Those Americans rallying against Kavanaugh’s confirmation are really against the Constitution rather than the man—Kavanaugh—whom I believe would take seriously his oath of office to uphold and defend the Constitution.

Was Madison misinformed or just plain ignorant about the powers delegated to Congress? Before we answer, let’s examine statements of other possibly “misinformed” Americans.

In 1796, on the floor of the House of Representatives, William Giles of Virginia condemned a relief measure for fire victims, saying the purpose and the right of Congress is to attend to not what generosity and humanity require but instead what their duty requires.

In 1854, President Franklin Pierce vetoed a bill intended to help the mentally ill, writing to the Senate, “I cannot find any authority in the Constitution for making the federal government the great almoner of public charity.” He added that to approve such spending would “be contrary to the letter and spirit of the Constitution and subversive of the whole theory upon which the Union of these states is founded.”

President Grover Cleveland out-vetoed his predecessors by vetoing 584 acts of Congress, including many congressional spending bills, during his two terms as president in the late 1800s. His often-given veto message was, “I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution.” By the way, Cleveland was a Democrat.

Were the Founding Fathers, previous congressmen, and previous presidents who could not find constitutional authority for today’s massive federal government intervention just plain stupid, ignorant, callous, and uncaring?

Article 1 of the Constitution defines the role of Congress. Its Section 8 lists powers delegated to Congress. I examined our Constitution, looking to see whether an Article 5 amendment had been enacted authorizing Congress to spend money for business bailouts, prescription drugs, education, Social Security, and thousands of other spending measures in today’s federal budget. I found no such amendment.

Contrary to what our Constitution permits, Congress taxes and spends for anything upon which it can muster a majority vote.

But I found a constitutional loophole that many congressmen use as a blank check, as well as justification to control most aspects of our lives—namely, the general welfare clause.

The Constitution’s preamble contains the phrase “promote the general Welfare,” and Article 1, Section 8 contains the phrase “provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States.” What did the Framers mean by “general Welfare”?

In 1817, Thomas Jefferson wrote, “Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated.”

Madison wrote: “With respect to the words ‘general welfare,’ I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.”

Case closed: It’s our Constitution that’s the problem for leftist interventionists—not Brett Kavanaugh.

Telstar

Telstar

Pussy boy from Heaven.

In 2011 Kavanaugh Ruled Foreign Actors May Fund American Political Advocacy Groups (Russia/NRA) - Page 2 Pussy12

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum