Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Once again California leads the way!!

+5
RealLindaL
Vikingwoman
Telstar
PkrBum
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2045 --- that's the year when California has pledged to force all its energy production from renewable, non carbon burning sources.

Here in Santa Rosa, our power comes from burning coal. But then again, the people here are as backward for the most part, as their energy sources, and they cheer Herr Twitler's pledge to "bring back coal."

Reality.

check out: https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/52048-in-epochal-shift-california-votes-for-100-green-electricity-by-2045

PkrBum

PkrBum

Our natural gas reserves are enormous. That should be the first transition.

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:2045 --- that's the year when California has pledged to force all its energy production from renewable, non carbon burning sources.

Here in Santa Rosa, our power comes from burning coal.  But then again, the people here are as backward for the most part, as their energy sources, and they cheer Herr Twitler's pledge to "bring back coal."  

Reality.

check out:  https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/52048-in-epochal-shift-california-votes-for-100-green-electricity-by-2045

The only coal bone spur supporters deserve is as lump of it in their Christmas stocking.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Our natural gas reserves are enormous. That should be the first transition.

I agree. Why in hell is it the knuckle-dragging folks at Gulf Power continue to burn coal? Maybe they be good white evangelical Trump supporters ...

Vikingwoman

How's your water bill in Pace, Word? Very high?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Vikingwoman wrote:How's your water bill in Pace, Word? Very high?

Yes, water does cost here in Pace. But what has this to do with Gulf Power still burning coal?

Vikingwoman

Absolutely nothing! I was just curious since my water bill is very high here in Pace. Is there some rule you can't ask about other things or what?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Vikingwoman wrote:Absolutely nothing! I was just curious since my water bill is very high here in Pace. Is there some rule you can't ask about other things or what?

You may ask whatever you wish, of course. The thread deals with Gulf Power still burning coal ... your question confused me because I'm stupid.

RealLindaL

Word, if you're stupid, so am I (a distinct possibility), as I found myself wondering whether there was some connection I couldn't understand between the question and the topic at hand.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I was informed today, by someone I respect that
Gulf Power is burning 70% natural gas, and the remainder in coal. I wonder why they continue to burn coal at all? Anyone??

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:Word, if you're stupid, so am I (a distinct possibility), as I found myself wondering whether there was some connection I couldn't understand between the question and the topic at hand.

Once again California leads the way!! BmuCzm4

Telstar

Telstar

You're not stupid Word.You accomplished things that I and millions of others could only gawk at and enjoy once upon a time. You're not stupid.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:I was informed today, by someone I respect that
Gulf Power is burning 70% natural gas, and the remainder in coal.  I wonder why they continue to burn coal at all?  Anyone??

Maybe it's an implementation plan? California has been in that process and still burns some coal.

gatorfan

Gulf Power is burning 70% natural gas, and the remainder in coal.  I wonder why they continue to burn coal at all?  Anyone??

Try and think about it without it becoming another of your infamous anti-right rants, everything is not the fault of conservatives.

1. CA is looking at something 27 YEARS down the road - as broke as they are and with the current sky high cost of living who knows if they'll ever get there.
2. Gulf Power is in the process of converting plants but in the meantime installed a high tech scrubber at Crist, not perfect but moving in the right direction.
3. INFRASTRUCTURE - where is the nearest source of gas for this area? THE GULF but liberal greenies don't want to drill there and have to lay piping to the coast. So then you are looking at long distance overland piping or too expensive shipment by ship or rail - of course then you have the liberal greenies screaming like they do about Keystone.
4. How much are you really willing to pay for electricity but remember it's not all about you - what about poor folks who barely get by now?

Last edited by gatorfan on 9/4/2018, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:

Maybe it's an implementation plan? California has been in that process and still burns some coal.

'Could be. But pressure needs to be put on Gulf Power to hurry the changeover to natural gas!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:

Try and think about it without it becoming another of your infamous anti-right rants, everything is not the fault of conservatives.

1. CA is looking at something 27 YEARS down the road - as broke as they are and with the current sky high cost of living who knows if they'll ever get there.
2. Gulf Power is in the process of converting plants but in the meantime installed a high tech scrubber at Crist, not perfect but moving in the right direction.
3. INFRASTRUCTURE - where is the nearest source of gas for this area? THE GULF but liberal greenies don't want to drill there and have to lay piping to the coast. So then you are looking at long distance overland piping or too expensive shipment by ship or rail - of course then you have the liberal greenies screaming like they do about Keystone.
4. How much are you really willing to pay for electricity but remember it's not all about you - what about poor folks who barely get by now?

As usual, you make a number of good points. But with more and more windmills and solar panels being utilized, the cost of energy will continue to drop. The savings will benefit everyone.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:How's your water bill in Pace, Word? Very high?

Our water/sewer bill is about 90 to 100 a month for the two of us.  It was about 120-ish when our daughter was still at home.   We don't water the lawn, but we don't really conserve either ... we use water pretty freely.   Have a big soaking tub that gets used. Anyways ... it's still cheaper than it was in Texas.  I'm fine with it.  

Love the low property taxes here.  We also have a smaller house out in Texas still and our property tax on that place is more than double what it is here.

When we got ready to move from Texas about six years ago I had a job offer with the same company in either Knoxville or Fort Walton.  We chose here & leased a townhouse Navarre Beach before finally buying a place up here in Pace once my year contract was over and I chose not to continue with that gig.  Navarre was going to be a long drive for our daughter to UWF anyway ... and living on the beach does have it's issues.  East TN would still be an option for us if we wanted to move again.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

gatorfan wrote:

All true.

Greener energy will come along as it becomes more cost effective.  That takes time.  Government incentives can help ... but it can't be forced either.

Me .... What I'm really anxious for is those self-driving cars !!!     cheers They're coming .... it'll be a awhile yet before they're just all over the place, but it'll be here sooner than many think, I think.   Just imagine ... I can sit here in my easy chair, order up my groceries from Publix or wherever, then tell my car to go get them.  That'll be real convenient when I'm so old I really shouldn't be driving any more.   Laughing

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Westinghouse manufactured wind turbines at its Pensacola facility and shipped them all over the world. You have to wonder why Gulf Power didn't take advantage of that local availability.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum