Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

trump vs Google

+3
zsomething
othershoe1030
polecat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1trump vs Google Empty trump vs Google 8/28/2018, 3:31 pm

polecat

polecat

This morning, President Donald Trump smartly attacked Google, accusing the company of rigging its search engine to promote “Fake News Media.”

Before 6 a.m. — the time most presidents have historically reserved for self-Googling — Trump tweeted: “Google search results for ‘Trump News’ shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake News Media. In other words, they have it RIGGED, for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD. Fake CNN is prominent. Republican/Conservative & Fair Media is shut out. Illegal?”

A search engine company making it so all stories and news “is BAD” would be like a journalist pointing out a president’s inability to grasp subject-verb agreement. BAD! And quite possibly illegal.

To get to the bottom of all this, I went to Google to find my own facts. And you won’t believe what I uncovered.

The search engine is CLEARLY BIASED against Donald Trump.

Here’s the evidence:

- When I search the words “dumb presidential tweets,” all I get are results involving tweets sent by Trump. Are you telling me Harry Truman never sent a dumb tweet? Please.

- A search of “presidents with small hands” brings up nothing but left-leaning FAKE NEWS sources referring to Trump, who we know has the largest, most beautiful hands of any president ever. Disgusting.

A Google Images search of “president Russian hookers” brings up — you guessed it — a bunch of pictures of President Trump but NONE of any of the other American presidents. Shameful bias.

- Perhaps worst of all, if you search Google News for the exact phrase “Trump is an American hero,” the results read: “No results found for ‘Trump is an American hero.’” Case closed. Bias confirmed.

Larry Kudlow, President Trump’s economic adviser, said this morning that the administration is going to look into whether the government should be regulating Google’s search engine.

That’s a smart move by people who clearly know exactly what they’re talking about regarding search engine algorithms because they heard about it from an old guy on television.
Rex H

2trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/28/2018, 4:07 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Senator Ron Wyden Tweets:

Trump would get better news results if he stopped appointing crooks and tax cheats. Regardless, it's not up to the Government to tell private companies what they can and can't host, that's up to them and their customers. Read the Constitution. Government can't regulate content.

3trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/28/2018, 5:00 pm

polecat

polecat

Can't remember who tweeted it but it went like this...

If he doesn't like what come up on google wait until he sees the history books.

4trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/28/2018, 5:18 pm

zsomething

The chief enemy of a failure is the truth. That's why Trump hates the news so much.

Everything about Trump is veneer. Always has been. He's gotten used to living in a bubble of yes-men who won't call him on his bullshit, and since he had 70 years of that he's bewildered now that it doesn't work with the rest of the world.

Fact is, there's really not much good news to report on him. The economy is still doing fine, but only an imbecile thinks he really had that much to do with it. Here's Obama's job numbers:

Feb 2009 thru Dec 2009......(4,275,000) jobs lost
2010.....................................1,061,000 new jobs created
2011.....................................2,091,000 new jobs created
2012.....................................2,142,000 new jobs created
2013.....................................2,302,000 new jobs created
2014.....................................2,998,000 new jobs created
2015.....................................2,713,000 new jobs created
2016.....................................2,242,000 new jobs created
Jan 2017.................................227,000 new jobs created

Trump's had good job numbers... but not as good as Obama's. They're actually slowing.
https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/05/news/economy/trump-obama-jobs/index.html

And take this as a warning:

But a good economy in a president's first year is not guarantee of success.

Jimmy Carter had one of the best job records in his first year in office, with the economy adding 3.7 million jobs from February through December of 1977. By 1980, his final year in the White House, the economy was in recession and his bid for reelection was defeated.

And Obama raised the Dow 148%, adding over 13,000 points to it, repairing the economy after a recession. All Trump's really managed to do is not derail the momentum, but his acolytes give him credit like he's the one who pushed the snowball off the hill. Nope... that was done 9 years ago and it's been gathering speed all the while. Hopefully it'll keep going, but with the tariffs and tax breaks and Trump handing away our trade partnerships to our competitors causing instability, he's setting up another recession. I hope we'll avoid it, but I hate having to bet my 401K on it.

Really, pretty much all the "positive news" that Trump actually generates is shit that his nasty bigoted base is pleased by, not the country at large. They can be happy about his judge picks or his cruelty to immigrants or whatever, but those aren't things most people want -- just them. He has high poll numbers with the Republican base only because the Republican base is shedding voters like a springtime dog shedding hair... the remaining cultists make up a larger part of the shrinking pool.

Basically, Trump is a sham and that's how he's always operated -- create a false narrative and hoodwink people into believing it. He's never been as rich as he claims, or as good a businessman as he claims... he's just played a role and gotten the media to play along because his idiotic behavior's attention-getting. But this ain't no show. He's frustrated that he can't make the media keep lying for him, and now he's using the old Jonestown trick of telling his cultists, "you can't trust the media, just believe me." When you rely upon a lie, you cut your believers off from anyone who could wise them up. That's why Trump is so desperate to claim that people who actually report the truth about him are "fake news," or that search engines are "biased" because he can't make them emphasize propaganda over facts.

5trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/28/2018, 5:55 pm

polecat

polecat

Hey Donald J. Trump it’s not just Google. I just Asked Jeeves and he says you’re a dick too.- Andy Borowitz

There’s no greater legacy that one can earn in this life than inspiring a temper tantrum from Donald Trump. - Andy Borowitz

Imagine having data from seventeen intelligence agencies at your fingertips and choosing instead to get your daily briefing from Lou Dobbs and the nitwits on Fox & Friends. - Jeff Tiedrich

As Tengrain notes, he's now picking a fight with an algorithm:

Got that? The King of Social Media Bullies uses social media to whack social media to reframe next week’s congressional hearings on Social Media to be about how he’s the victim of social media.

6trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/28/2018, 6:30 pm

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:The chief enemy of a failure is the truth.   That's why Trump hates the news so much.

Everything about Trump is veneer.  Always has been.  He's gotten used to living in a bubble of yes-men who won't call him on his bullshit, and since he had 70 years of that he's bewildered now that it doesn't work with the rest of the world.  

[...]

Basically, Trump is a sham and that's how he's always operated -- create a false narrative and hoodwink people into believing it.  He's never been as rich as he claims, or as good a businessman as he claims... he's just played a role and gotten the media to play along because his idiotic behavior's attention-getting.  But this ain't no show.  He's frustrated that he can't make the media keep lying for him, and now he's using the old Jonestown trick of telling his cultists, "you can't trust the media, just believe me."   When you rely upon a lie, you cut your believers off from anyone who could wise them up.   That's why Trump is so desperate to claim that people who actually report the truth about him are "fake news," or that search engines are "biased" because he can't make them emphasize propaganda over facts.

What a great post!

Sadly, Trump's base--especially the ones that post here--seems immune to logic and reason. It's all emotion, mostly anger, with them. I think it has to do with perceived political powerlessness.

Anyway, this
zsomething wrote: But this ain't no show.
reminded me of this:

7trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/28/2018, 6:39 pm

Deus X

Deus X

polecat wrote:If he doesn't like what come up on google wait until he sees the history books.

Oh, please...  like he's ever read a history book, but the point is well-made.

8trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/29/2018, 1:31 am

RealLindaL

Would hardly know where to start to praise the posts on this thread -- they're all terrific.

Trump is a sad, sick baby - embodying the veritable definitions of both paranoia and narcissism.

9trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/29/2018, 5:01 am

Telstar

Telstar

Performing a Trump...

trump vs Google Head_u10

10trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/30/2018, 9:45 am

zsomething

"I don't trust the government for anything... except to give me all the real news! Everything should be privatized... except, of course, sources of news information!" - conservatives

11trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/30/2018, 10:39 am

polecat

polecat

I am concerned that the time Trump is spending on Google is distracting him from Twitter. - Andy Borowitz

President Trump is sounding more and more like a mob boss. At a press pool this morning, he referred to America as “this thing of ours.”- Conan O'Brien

trump vs Google 40167810

12trump vs Google Empty Re: trump vs Google 8/30/2018, 11:04 am

2seaoat

The biggest lie Trump is perpetrating on his minions is that the economic growth since six months after he took office is better than other Presidents. It is a lie. Since Kennedy Trump ties for fifth in GDP not the first he claims. Just a blatant lie, and the percentage of growth in the stock market is way below President Obama. It is like if you yell at the top of your lungs.......I am great......and everybody goes but you are mediocre in intelligence, achievement, and actually getting anything done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum