Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I find it hard, very hard, to love my country anymore.

+3
Deus X
PkrBum
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What the hell have we become? Our supreme leader pits us against each other, encourages tribalism, and fuels the fire of hate.

I lifted the following copy from an email sent to me by Anna Chu of the National Women's Law Center:  

"Like all decent people, I find it gut-wrenching to witness the rapidly escalating moral crisis unfolding in our country’s immigration system. Especially as a mother and as a child of immigrants, it pains me to see our government deliberately separating families as punishment for the “crime” of seeking better lives and escaping horrific violence. And as an advocate for women’s rights and freedom, it’s infuriating to watch the Trump-Pence administration—which has tried to force young immigrant women to carry unwanted pregnancies to term—snatch children from their parents’ arms at the border and within our communities, then neglect and abuse the kids they’ve taken. Though these public officials compare immigrants to animals, immigration agents have reportedly run children over with vehicles, held them with inadequate food and water in deplorable conditions, ordered them to undress before questioning, and threatened them with further sexual violence.

These hateful actions, and the dehumanizing rhetoric and policies that have enabled them, echo some of the ugliest moments in our history, including the abuse and forced separation of enslaved Black families, the dispossession of Native American families, and the internment of Japanese American families—to say nothing of the actions of authoritarian regimes worldwide. We must be better than this. We must act now to end human rights abuses happening right here, in a country that is supposed to be a model for the world of respect for human rights."

By the way, the subject here is inhumanity. Seeking a more promising life than the one she was running from, a young woman with two small kids gets caught by ICE.  The screaming kids are hauled off by a Border Patrol van and the mom is incarcerated for a year or more pending trial -- at which time she'll plea for political asylum.

Worse yet, you and I both know enforcement of the currant degrading policy wouldn't be happening if the illegal refugees were white.

Roseanne Barr represents some 45% of the alt-right end of the Republican Party.

Reality.

Reality.  

PkrBum

PkrBum

If you're against a secure border then you are for ms13 human trafficking and worse.

Nice work.

Have you ever considered thinking past a talkingpoint?

Deus X

Deus X

PkrBum wrote:If you're against a secure border then you are for ms13 human trafficking and worse.

Ipse dixit is an assertion without proof; or a dogmatic expression of opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipse_dixit

Reading this asshole's posts is like getting a free education in logical fallacies.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:If you're against a secure border then you are for ms13 human trafficking and worse.

Nice work.

Thank you again for corroborating my conviction you're a blatant white racist. Fact: I'm as much for a secure border as you and the rest of your Klan. And I have no sympathy for members of MS13. The story is simple: Clearly, in the scenario I supplied, the mother with two young kids isn't an MS13 gang member. And in this country (yours too) we're supposed to have compassion for others -- especially those in tough circumstances. What's taking place is racially motivated. Treating refugees as criminals before any form of interrogation, interviews, or trial has taken place is something only a person with your moral values would uphold.

2seaoat

If you're against a secure border then you are for ms13 human trafficking and worse.

First, I do not know of any politician other than the Chamber of Commerce who has argued for open borders. The Chamber of Commerce is Republican. In regard to ms13, gangs existed before this President and they will exist long after he is gone. The truth is that the war on drugs has brought criminal enterprises into our neighborhoods and communities.

polecat

polecat

Nice work.

So using your logic if you're not for outlawing military style assault rifles you are for dead school children and worse... whatever that could be.

Deus X

Deus X

polecat wrote:

Nice work.

So using your logic if you're not for outlawing military style assault rifles you are for dead school children and worse... whatever that could be.

I find it hard, very hard, to love my country anymore. T9Ughge

zsomething

Deus X wrote:

Ipse dixit is an assertion without proof; or a dogmatic expression of opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipse_dixit

Reading this asshole's posts is like getting a free education in logical fallacies.

Reading his posts is like looking at footage of a colonoscopy in Sergio Leone close-up, all day, while the Benny Hill theme song plays on a loop.

I've been on a ton of forums and I honestly think he's perhaps the stupidest example of his kind I've ever encountered who actually tries to write things. He just believes anything and repeats it, and has no clue how moronic he's making himself look... and then insists on doing it. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, "His arguments are thinner than a soup made by boiling the shadow of a pigeon who had starved to death."

I'm not sure the country's worth saving if he's part of what we'd be saving it for. It makes ya want to pray for extinction-event meteors in swarms.

By all the laws of nature it should hurt to be that stupid. Really, he should just be howling and writhing all day from the agony of having stuff that gobsmacking simpleminded in his head. It's like he gets some kind of buzz off of getting manipulated by almost-as-stupid pundits. He's like the end of some hideous human centipede with Sean Hannity, Alex Jones, and every sociopathic halfwit on 4chan stitched in front of him.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote: He's like the end of some hideous human centipede with Sean Hannity, Alex Jones, and every sociopathic halfwit on 4chan stitched in front of him.

Thanks for that visual. I was gonna fix some breakfast but now, well...     I think not.

The movie was bad enough, but this!

PkrBum

PkrBum

polecat wrote:

Nice work.

"Military style assault rifles" are already illegal for the general public. Even leftist talkingpoints are lame.

Deus X

Deus X

PkrBum wrote:"Military style assault rifles" are already illegal for the general public.

Poor PkrBoy, he's so bone-stupid he doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "style".

gatorfan

Deus X wrote:
PkrBum wrote:"Military style assault rifles" are already illegal for the general public.

Poor PkrBoy, he's so bone-stupid he doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "style".

LOL, nope. The rifles mentioned are correctly called "sporting" rifles, not "assault" or even "assault style". That's just another liberal label to make them seem evil. The SPORTING rifle is not evil - the animals who use them against humans are evil.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Some shotguns hold as many as 11 shells. If a person is decent at loading it would be horrific.

Deus X

Deus X

gatorfan wrote:
Deus X wrote:Poor PkrBoy, he's so bone-stupid he doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "style".

LOL, nope. The rifles mentioned are correctly called "sporting" rifles, not "assault" or even "assault style". That's just another liberal label to make them seem evil. The SPORTING rifle is not evil - the animals who use them against humans are evil.

Naturally, because you're an ignorant, Neanderthal-style, conservative, you're full of shit--or maybe just plain stupid.

The term "assault-style rifle" should more properly be called "military-style", but regardless of what it's called, it refers to semi-automatic, civilian versions of military assault rifles. The word "style" is the dead giveaway to anyone with any sense.

There's a number of them besides the many AR variants. Steyr, FN, HK and Galil all make civilian versions of their military assault rifles.

And then, of course, there's the numerous AK variants.

You're sitting at a fuckin' computer hooked to the internet, you moron! Look up what you're talking about before you start flapping your gums.  

They're only "sporting rifles" if you consider a bunch of pathetic assholes running around, pretending to be G.I. Joe a sport.

2seaoat

polecat

polecat

gatorfan wrote:
Deus X wrote:

The only guns mentioned above your post are "Military style assault rifles" and I guess if your sport is killing school kids then you can technically call them sporting rifles. Happy Hunting!

gatorfan

Deus X wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Deus X wrote:Poor PkrBoy, he's so bone-stupid he doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "style".

Naturally, because you're an ignorant, Neanderthal-style, conservative, you're full of shit--or maybe just plain stupid.

The term "assault-style rifle" should more properly be called "military-style", but regardless of what it's called, it refers to semi-automatic, civilian versions of military assault rifles. The word "style" is the dead giveaway to anyone with any sense.

There's a number of them besides the many AR variants. Steyr, FN, HK and Galil all make civilian versions of their military assault rifles.

You're sitting at a fuckin' computer hooked to the internet, you moron! Look up what you're talking about before you start flapping your gums.  

They're only "sporting rifles" if you consider a bunch of pathetic assholes running around, pretending to be G.I. Joe a sport.

Wipe the drool off your chin and pay attention. Read my post carefully - oh wait, never mind. It's obvious you're a limp-wristed liberal loon who cherry picks information and spins it into unrecognizable gibberish. I can post facts but not make you understand them. That would be a fools errand given your propensity for faux outrage over anything that falls outside the line of your far far left comfort zone.

Deus X

Deus X

gatorfan wrote:
Deus X wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Wipe the drool off your chin and pay attention. Read my post carefully - oh wait, never mind. It's obvious you're a limp-wristed liberal loon who cherry picks information and spins it into unrecognizable gibberish. I can post facts but not make you understand them. That would be  a fools errand given your propensity for faux outrage over anything that falls outside the line of your far far left comfort zone.

You're the last person who should utter the word "limp", you impotent twit!

I notice that you couldn't dispute ANYTHING I said in my post.

polecat

polecat

ArmaLite first developed the AR-15 in the late 1950s as a military rifle, but had limited success in selling it. In 1959 the company sold the design to Colt. In 1963, the U.S. military selected Colt to manufacture the automatic rifle that soon became standard issue for U.S. troops in the Vietnam War.
What were they Hunting in Vietnam, Squirrels?

You were right it's for Wabbit season... NO Duck season... NO Wabbit season...
Like republicans the ONLY time I cherry pick something is...

I find it hard, very hard, to love my country anymore. Cpbibl10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum