Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teaching the granddaughters to play poker

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

What fun. We emptied our change bucket of the pennies. I had to teach them which card is higher than other cards, but they seem to have gotten the hang as my oldest had a full house and a flush which she correctly discarded and got her draw. The oldest won, and the youngest pouted and did not play the second game, but heck.......they are learning. I remember my daughter going to Covenant Christian school telling her teacher in second grade that she was mad at her dad because he had his poker friends came over and they raided her piggy bank for change. Not the best thing to have the teacher repeat at parent teacher conferences......I did put back what I took, but I am sure their were whispers.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:What fun.  We emptied our change bucket of the pennies.  I had to teach them which card is higher than other cards, but they seem to have gotten the hang as my oldest had a full house and a flush which she correctly discarded and got her draw.  The oldest won, and the youngest pouted and did not play the second game, but heck.......they are learning.  I remember my daughter going to Covenant Christian school telling her teacher in second grade that she was mad at her dad because he had his poker friends came over and they raided her piggy bank for change.  Not the best thing to have the teacher repeat at parent teacher conferences......I did put back what I took, but I am sure their were whispers.

lol!

PkrBum

PkrBum

I ran 200 into 900 last night after busting out of the tourn. Had several irritated with me. Dems da brakes.

2seaoat

I actually won four hundred dollars at Greyhound after only spending about an hour playing. I had gone to look at another work project RV which was located about two miles from the poker room. There is this loud player of the year in 2011 who sat at my table. I had played him before and watched his loud bully intimidation of other players. I love it. So I had just busted another player on the river with a flush and won 150 so my stack was at 250 and this did not sit well with the player of the year......he was going to bully me just like he did last year when I had a pair of nines and the flop was 9 9 ace, as I sat there with quads and did not bet but he bet thirty after the flop. I bet, no raise. A king on the turn, and he bet thirty, I called no raise. On the river he pushed all in for about a 200 bet, I only had about a 150, and all he had was a pair of aces. That is not good poker play for the player of the year, so I knew he was super aggressive. I had an open ended straight draw, and he had a set so he bet sixty at the flop. I called. I got my straight on the turn, and he bet sixty again, and on the river I pushed all in for about a 130 and he called, and suddenly I was four plus up. I played another round around the table and after my big blind, I bluffed for about fifty and lost, and got up and left with over 400 up which I won most on just two hands. His bully act works in the tight playing Pensacola poker room with a lot of retired military who take few risks......he is just not used to crazy packaged in a sick old man.

What a joy this morning to have the girls with us at the project sleeping in the park model loft and enjoying outside. We will do an Easter Egg hunt with all the grandchildren some time today, as my wife had a wonderful day on the pontoon boat going to FT. Pickens with the grandsons on the pontoon, and then spent the afternoon on the beach with the girls. I will try to do the beach later today, but doubt that will happen because I am worn out, but we are playing poker this morning, and the egg hunt at noon.

2seaoat

I am really piszed. I dealt seven cards and I got a royal flush. That royal flush in Mississippi stud would be worth ten thousand dollars, but I won 15 cents from my grand daughters. This is a true story. The next seven card hand I got four aces. That is four thousand dollars in Mississippi stud and won 20 cents as I beat a full house. You have to be kidding. I think the guy upstairs is just messing with me now.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I am really piszed.  I dealt seven cards and I got a royal flush.  That royal flush in Mississippi stud would be worth ten thousand dollars, but I won 15 cents from my grand daughters.   This is a true story.  The next seven card hand I got four aces.  That is four thousand dollars in Mississippi stud and won 20 cents as I beat a full house.  You have to be kidding.  I think the guy upstairs is just messing with me now.

You pay the cards your dealt. Your grand daughters know that. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum