Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

‘I made Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’: meet the data war whistleblower

+3
polecat
2seaoat
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

For more than a year we’ve been investigating Cambridge Analytica and its links to the Brexit Leave campaign in the UK and Team Trump in the US presidential election. Now, 28-year-old Christopher Wylie goes on the record to discuss his role in hijacking the profiles of millions of Facebook users in order to target the US electorate

by Carole Cadwalladr

Sun 18 Mar 2018 05.44 EDT First published on Sat 17 Mar 2018 14.00 EDT

"The first time I met Christopher Wylie, he didn’t yet have pink hair. That comes later. As does his mission to rewind time. To put the genie back in the bottle.

By the time I met him in person, I’d already been talking to him on a daily basis for hours at a time. On the phone, he was clever, funny, bitchy, profound, intellectually ravenous, compelling. A master storyteller. A politicker. A data science nerd.

13:04
Cambridge Analytica whistleblower: 'We spent $1m harvesting millions of Facebook profiles' – video

Two months later, when he arrived in London from Canada, he was all those things in the flesh. And yet the flesh was impossibly young. He was 27 then (he’s 28 now), a fact that has always seemed glaringly at odds with what he has done. He may have played a pivotal role in the momentous political upheavals of 2016. At the very least, he played a consequential role. At 24, he came up with an idea that led to the foundation of a company called Cambridge Analytica, a data analytics firm that went on to claim a major role in the Leave campaign for Britain’s EU membership referendum, and later became a key figure in digital operations during Donald Trump’s election campaign.

Or, as Wylie describes it, he was the gay Canadian vegan who somehow ended up creating “Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare mindfuck tool”.

In 2014, Steve Bannon – then executive chairman of the “alt-right” news network Breitbart – was Wylie’s boss. And Robert Mercer, the secretive US hedge-fund billionaire and Republican donor, was Cambridge Analytica’s investor. And the idea they bought into was to bring big data and social media to an established military methodology – “information operations” – then turn it on the US electorate.

It was Wylie who came up with that idea and oversaw its realisation. And it was Wylie who, last spring, became my source. In May 2017, I wrote an article headlined “The great British Brexit robbery”, which set out a skein of threads that linked Brexit to Trump to Russia. Wylie was one of a handful of individuals who provided the evidence behind it. I found him, via another Cambridge Analytica ex-employee, lying low in Canada: guilty, brooding, indignant, confused. “I haven’t talked about this to anyone,” he said at the time. And then he couldn’t stop talking..."

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/data-war-whistleblower-christopher-wylie-faceook-nix-bannon-trump

2seaoat

I saw this guy on CNN last night, and this is some scary chit. It should be noted that this apparatus was connected with Ted Cruz before Trump was even an candidate. It is important to vote Cruz out of the Senate and remove these traitors and Russian agents from our midst.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I saw this guy on CNN last night, and this is some scary chit.  It should be noted that this apparatus was connected with Ted Cruz before Trump was even an candidate.  It is important to vote Cruz out of the Senate and remove these traitors and Russian agents from our midst.

polecat

polecat

Thanks to Cambridge Analytica, we know Trump...

1) Created oppo research dossiers
2) Created fake news
3) Used stolen data
4) Distributed stolen emails
5) Received illicit foreign money

As usual, Trump is guilty of everything he has accused Hillary Clinton of doin' and more.

Teapain

gatorfan

polecat wrote:Thanks to Cambridge Analytica, we know Trump...

2) Created fake news
3) Used stolen data

As usual, Trump is guilty of everything he has accused Hillary Clinton of doin' and more.

Teapain

They both ought to be charged. Right?

Telstar

Telstar

gatorfan wrote:

2) Created fake news
3) Used stolen data

Teapain

Wrong.

gatorfan

Telstar wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

2) Created fake news
3) Used stolen data

Teapain

Wrong.

It must make your life much easier being a hyper-partisan hack.......no need to think objectively that way. Or even think.

‘I made Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’: meet the data war whistleblower Lemmings

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:
Telstar wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

2) Created fake news
3) Used stolen data

Teapain

Wrong.

It must make your life much easier being a hyper-partisan hack.......no need to think objectively that way. Or even think.

‘I made Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’: meet the data war whistleblower Lemmings

Try looking in the mirror, gator. If there was anything to really charge Hillary with, don't you think lawn gnome Sessions would be all over it? THIS IS THE SMOKING GUN.

Telstar

Telstar

gatorfan wrote:
Telstar wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

2) Created fake news
3) Used stolen data

Teapain

Wrong.

Were you born with your head up inside your asshole or did you just turn out that way over the years?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Telstar wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

2) Created fake news
3) Used stolen data

Teapain

Wrong.

Try looking in the mirror, gator.  If there was anything to really charge Hillary with, don't you think lawn gnome Sessions would be all over it?  THIS IS THE SMOKING GUN.

Hillary is free between the margin of "extremely careless" and "gross negligence". Rolling Eyes

Deus X

Deus X

PkrBum wrote:

Hillary is free between the margin of "extremely careless" and "gross negligence".  

‘I made Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’: meet the data war whistleblower 1521550511_gay-bunny-book-outsells-pence-familys-bunny-book

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum