Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

College, a quick way to become an indentured servant.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Too many kids want to sit on their arse all four, five, six or whatever years it takes them to finish college. That is the problem. Student loans are handed out like CANDY CORN at Halloween by loan services. I worked my way through college. Kids today need to do the same.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I agree that kids who work for their education appreciate it. But have you seen the price of tuition recently? I think it's harder now to work your way through school than it used to be.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-07-04/news/ct-edit-studentloans-20120704_1_student-loan-debt-college-tuition-higher-education

The availability of students is contributing to the high cost of college.

well let's see... nearly everyone can get a loan to buy something that is getting really expensive... what could go wrong?

when the bubble bursts... do you think the students or the schools will get bailed out?

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Bubble??? What Bubble?

Nekochan wrote:I agree that kids who work for their education appreciate it. But have you seen the price of tuition recently? I think it's harder now to work your way through school than it used to be.

I am sure it is, but kids today refuse to work period. They think it takes away from their freakin' college experience. Most will realize how mistaken they are when they interview for their first job and have no experience in the world of work that detracts from the overall value of what a business wants.

There was some idiot teacher in Escambia County who had 30k in student loans during her time in college. How asinine is that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum