Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Wallace dismisses Trump’s State of the Union: Any good he does could be destroyed by tomorrow

+3
2seaoat
zsomething
Telstar
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said Tuesday that he expected President Donald Trump to give a good speech during tonight’s State of the Union address — but he warned that it might not matter.

“He does well in these big speeches,” he remarked. “He did well last year — it wasn’t officially a State of the Union but it was a speech to a joint session of Congress. A lot of people, include me, though it was terrific.”

However, Wallace said Trump’s unpredictable behavior meant that any monumentum he built with his speech could quickly come to an end.

“Oftentimes he steps on his own story and gets into a controversy,” he said. “He reacted badly last year when Jeff Sessions recused himself and a lot of the momentum from the speech disappeared. So to me it’s less a question of how he does tonight as how he does tomorrow and Thursday and can he continue the momentum?”

Wallace explained that Trump’s proposals for immigration and infrastructure faced significant hurdles.

“So he can deliver what he says is a unifying message, whether it will unify Republicans and Democrats to be able to get a deal is very much to be determined.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/chris-wallace-dismisses-trumps-state-union-good-destroyed-tomorrow/

zsomething

I'll try to tune in for the rebuttal, but I'm not wasting my time watching the speech, or giving him the ratings he's so obsessed with. I'm sure it'll be his usual horseshit, and the bar is so low for this president that if he keeps his hands out of his pants for half an hour they'll say he had a good night. But any talk of him giving a "unifying" speech is laughable. All he does is taunt and smear anyone who isn't one of his slavish Cult 45 supporters, so, fuck him and his "unity." Way, way, waaaaaaaay too late to be playing that game. Truth is behavior. He acts like he acts so I don't give a damn what he says. "Unity" only benefits him and the shit who follow him, nothing in it for us. War is all those Nazi-loving sKKKumbags are gonna get. So, no reason to waste time watching him.

Besides, whatever he says, he'll blow it within a week. He always does. He can't help himself. He's a weakling who throws tantrums when his butt isn't kissed hard enough, and he's had about all the "pivot" restarts anyone sane is going to grant him. The SOTU this year's a non-event, and I've got about a million DVDs to catch up on, if I'm not reading a book instead. Which I might be, considering Amazon says the copy of Fire & Fury I ordered is waiting to be picked up at the post office... Very Happy

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:I'll try to tune in for the rebuttal, but I'm not wasting my time watching the speech, or giving him the ratings he's so obsessed with.  I'm sure it'll be his usual horseshit, and the bar is so low for this president that if he keeps his hands out of his pants for half an hour they'll say he had a good night.  But any talk of him giving a "unifying" speech is laughable.  All he does is taunt and smear anyone who isn't one of his slavish Cult 45 supporters, so, fuck him and his "unity."  Way, way, waaaaaaaay too late to be playing that game.  Truth is behavior.  He acts like he acts so I don't give a damn what he says.   "Unity" only benefits him and the shit who follow him, nothing in it for us.  War is all those Nazi-loving sKKKumbags are gonna get.  So, no reason to waste time watching him.

Besides, whatever he says, he'll blow it within a week.  He always does.  He can't help himself.  He's a weakling who throws tantrums when his butt isn't kissed hard enough, and he's had about all the "pivot" restarts anyone sane is going to grant him.  The SOTU this year's a non-event, and I've got about a million DVDs to catch up on, if I'm not reading a book instead.  Which I might be, considering Amazon says the copy of Fire & Fury I ordered is waiting to be picked up at the post office...  Very Happy

Good idea. Maybe everyone who shows up that isn't part of his mob should sit there and read Fire and Fury. Show Americans that the thing in our White House is not normal. It might even shiver his timbers although he's such a dotard I doubt he'll notice. scratch

2seaoat

I predicted he would not finish his term. I said it would be the second year. What is remarkable is despite his idiocy, the economy is still rolling along from the Obama years. I am beginning to think this stain on American history is going to be here longer than the two years I predicted. I want him gone, but the vice president has disappeared from the face of the earth, which indicates to me he is buffering himself from the idiocy. I prefer Trump to his worm vice president.

RealLindaL

Since my husband can no longer even stand the sound of Trump's voice, and I barely can, I think we, too, will catch the rebuttal only (good idea). Besides, since nothing the man says can ever be trusted to stay the same from one day to the next (Wallace is 100% correct on that score), watching his speech would be a total waste of time and blood pressure.

I asked hubby if he thought anyone would yell out, "You're a liar," as was so sweetly done to Obama, and he said no, that everyone on both sides of the aisle is scared to death of Trump, for reasons we can't begin to fathom. (Put Trump in front of me and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell him just exactly what a world class horse's patoot he truly is.)

I hate the thought that we're likely stuck with him 'til 2020, but am losing hope of any rescue. No one's got the guts, even if they had the goods on him.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I suspect that y'all will be hanging on every word and then be critiquing his hair... speculating about his mental health... innocently worrying about how unhappy Melania looks... or sure that he just started WWIII. Probably all four.

Sleep

Telstar

Telstar

Chris Wallace dismisses Trump’s State of the Union: Any good he does could be destroyed by tomorrow Pkr_bu38

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Since my husband can no longer even stand the sound of Trump's voice, and I barely can, I think we, too, will catch the rebuttal only (good idea).  Besides, since nothing the man says can ever be trusted to stay the same from one day to the next (Wallace is 100% correct on that score), watching his speech would be a total waste of time and blood pressure.

I asked hubby if he thought anyone would yell out, "You're a liar," as was so sweetly done to Obama, and he said no, that everyone on both sides of the aisle is scared to death of Trump, for reasons we can't begin to fathom.   (Put Trump in front of me and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell him just exactly what a world class horse's patoot he truly is.)

I hate the thought that we're likely stuck with him 'til 2020, but am losing hope of any rescue.  No one's got the guts, even if they had the goods on him.

He can't run from God. Even Hitler couldn't run from God forever. His day is coming. sunny

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:He can't run from God. Even Hitler couldn't run from God forever. His day is coming. sunny

Unfortunately, that's only a comfort for those who've opted to believe in divine justice.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:He can't run from God. Even Hitler couldn't run from God forever. His day is coming. sunny

Unfortunately, that's only a comfort for those who've opted to believe in divine justice.

Even his guru Roy Cohn couldn't avoid hell forever. His fate is near.

Deus X

Deus X

A Modest Proposal:

The White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, is proofreading the text of tonight’s State of the Union address one last time to remove any remaining facts, Sanders confirmed on Tuesday.

While a team of wordsmiths led by the senior adviser Stephen Miller has attempted to craft an entirely fact-free address, “It’s good to have a fresh set of eyes to root out any stray accuracies that might have crept in,” Sanders said.

The press secretary said that, for example, while purging the speech of truths, she noticed a reference to the African-American unemployment rate standing at 6.8 per cent, a statistic that she deemed “unacceptably correct.”

“I read that and my Sanders sense started tingling,” she said.

Taking her blue pencil to the text, Sanders changed the number to a “better-sounding” 2.3 per cent. “That may seem like a tiny detail, but it’s stuff like that that separates the professional liars from the mere amateurs,” she said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/sarah-huckabee-sanders-proofreads-state-of-the-union-to-remove-any-remaining-facts

“I love infants, but I can't eat a whole one”
~ Oscar Wilde on Baby Farming

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Baby_Eating

Chris Wallace dismisses Trump’s State of the Union: Any good he does could be destroyed by tomorrow 532?cb=20060222120919

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Well, personally, I thought Trump's SOTU was not a very good one.   It certainly won't go down in history as having been so.

As to class warfare .... it was pretty obvious Trump's address was given a vigorous scrubbing before it was delivered; with a little red meat left on the bones to throw to his base. But Kennedy brought plenty of his own class warfare what with all the eat-the-rich sentiments in his response.

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:
As to class warfare .... it was pretty obvious Trump's address was given a vigorous scrubbing before it was delivered; with a little red meat left on the bones to throw to his base.     But Kennedy brought plenty of his own class warfare what with all the eat-the-rich sentiments in his response.

The class war is over, sport. The poor people lost... for now.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Deus X wrote:

The class war is over, sport. The poor people lost...     for now.

Can't argue with that, but it's mostly always been that way since time immemorial.   If you're any kind of student of history you will already know that ..... sport.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum