Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Mr Oats........

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 8:45 pm

You have been might quiet. Are you doing ok? Must I post something about Studer?

2Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 8:49 pm

he sure has. weird.

I hope hes ok Crying or Very sad

seaoat, i didnt hurt your feelings did I? if I did im sorry. I love talking to you

please come back and play with us.

3Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 9:34 pm

He's pouting because the tables have turned on his boy Obama and his reelection chances. With two more debates and a VP debate, the odds of Obama winning any of those is slim and none. I can't wait for Ryan to SCHOOL Plagiarism Joe (yeah he committed plagiarism in college).

4Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 9:53 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He's pouting because the tables have turned on his boy Obama and his reelection chances. With two more debates and a VP debate, the odds of Obama winning any of those is slim and none. I can't wait for Ryan to SCHOOL Plagiarism Joe (yeah he committed plagiarism in college).

I hope thats what it is.

I do worry about the man. I sincerely pray hes ok.

5Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 11:27 pm

2seaoat

nope.....just moving for now. Have not been able to sell our primary home, and are putting a renter in it, and we are going to make a 2 bedroom ranch with no stairs our home for now. We set the lease up for 6 months that we will continue to show the primary home, but the home is a two story and I am starting to lose weight which is not a good sign when you have tumors on your liver, and after they took my left lung lobe out in 2008 I recovered at this home on the islands. We have never lived there full time, and the winters are a real problem, but we are going to try to travel this winter starting with phoenix to say some goodbyes to family.

I still can walk up stairways with no problem, but we are trying to get closer to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago, where I am getting my monthly shots. I am also seeing their heart folks because they found a aorta annuerism which is 4.5 cm and they are going to measure that at the end of the month and if it has grown to 5.5 cm I am going to have open heart surgery to repair what is called a widow maker.....so if I get bad news, I will be set up in a small 2 bedroom home we own at our getaway islands, and I only have to deal with two stairs......the current 3,800 foot home takes 10 stairs to get to the main floor from the garage, and about 15 stairs to get to the second floor. We needed add a shower and bedroom to the first floor as I weaken or move to a ranch....we chose to market the house as is, and get closer. I am still working, but I have to do a great deal more driving now, and on some days I will post as much as usual, but most of the time I will not be able to post as much.

No big deal because every month I get my 22k injections I see people with no hope and no time. Endocrine cancer is slow.....you have time, and my discomfort is a walk in the park compared to have breathing problems with a tumor in your lung....my lungs....knock on wood remain clear, and the liver tumors have shown stability with the last scans in june after they doubled my doseage. We could not have done this if my wife had not retired, and our retirement health insurance "appears" to have paid the first injections since retirement....but we are waiting to find out. I will take some pictures of this paradise....and you will understand why I remain upbeat.....few people could have such a full life and wonderful children and grandchildren, and the beauty of this country.....it is really a blessing that we often take for granted......so I am here, and will begin posting political stuff....because I may be dead in a couple years, but this country has a real problem in this presidential election....and I have not been shy about that opinion.

6Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 11:31 pm

Thanks for checking in..........We do think about you......Take care

7Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 11:39 pm

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:Thanks for checking in..........We do think about you......Take care

I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCVjDFR5xtg&feature=related

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

8Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 11:44 pm

2seaoat wrote:nope.....just moving for now. Have not been able to sell our primary home, and are putting a renter in it, and we are going to make a 2 bedroom ranch with no stairs our home for now. We set the lease up for 6 months that we will continue to show the primary home, but the home is a two story and I am starting to lose weight which is not a good sign when you have tumors on your liver, and after they took my left lung lobe out in 2008 I recovered at this home on the islands. We have never lived there full time, and the winters are a real problem, but we are going to try to travel this winter starting with phoenix to say some goodbyes to family.

I still can walk up stairways with no problem, but we are trying to get closer to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago, where I am getting my monthly shots. I am also seeing their heart folks because they found a aorta annuerism which is 4.5 cm and they are going to measure that at the end of the month and if it has grown to 5.5 cm I am going to have open heart surgery to repair what is called a widow maker.....so if I get bad news, I will be set up in a small 2 bedroom home we own at our getaway islands, and I only have to deal with two stairs......the current 3,800 foot home takes 10 stairs to get to the main floor from the garage, and about 15 stairs to get to the second floor. We needed add a shower and bedroom to the first floor as I weaken or move to a ranch....we chose to market the house as is, and get closer. I am still working, but I have to do a great deal more driving now, and on some days I will post as much as usual, but most of the time I will not be able to post as much.

No big deal because every month I get my 22k injections I see people with no hope and no time. Endocrine cancer is slow.....you have time, and my discomfort is a walk in the park compared to have breathing problems with a tumor in your lung....my lungs....knock on wood remain clear, and the liver tumors have shown stability with the last scans in june after they doubled my doseage. We could not have done this if my wife had not retired, and our retirement health insurance "appears" to have paid the first injections since retirement....but we are waiting to find out. I will take some pictures of this paradise....and you will understand why I remain upbeat.....few people could have such a full life and wonderful children and grandchildren, and the beauty of this country.....it is really a blessing that we often take for granted......so I am here, and will begin posting political stuff....because I may be dead in a couple years, but this country has a real problem in this presidential election....and I have not been shy about that opinion.

I pray for a miracle. You are loved here, know that. we all care about you very much, whether we agee al the time or not has anything to do with how we feel for you. I kinda love you in a sweet online frindy way sweet and stubburn man Very Happy

Take care of your self.

9Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/9/2012, 11:51 pm

2seaoat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YanjY9CsPDQ

the best version....and I love jimmy

10Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/10/2012, 12:01 am

2seaoat

I pray for a miracle

I always appreciate prayer, but you have to understand....well it is no big deal....I am a very very lucky man.......we will all die....not one of us knows exactly that day, but few of us are blessed to have the wisdom that comes with illness and having quality time to enjoy what rarely was enjoyed as I rushed through living....never understanding that everything comes to an end. We saw the PNJ forum end.....this forum will end some day....maybe the PNJ will come back, but life is dynamic, and as we strive for certainty and fight for the same, but the beauty of acceptance is a wonderful gift, where you simply enjoy every moment. So do not worry about me, I am having fun playing in the sandbox....I still am working.....I think we are going to get the grandkids for a long weekend as my daughter has a wedding in Ohio, so we may get them for four days yippppeeee. My granddaughter likes getting clam shells with the low river, and we will walk the river as the leaves change, and I will create memories which when she is old and gray she will think about the time we spent......it does not get any better, and if nothing else, I hope I can convey how precious each day is and to not take anything for granted....and that includes politics.

11Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/10/2012, 8:03 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Prayers are with you. SO.

12Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/10/2012, 8:09 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

seaoat, you're truly an inspiration for all of us who are aging and potentially facing the inevitable changes to our health.
If we can learn to face it with just a small portion of the courage you show then I think we'll be okay. I don't know if I can do that when my time comes but I will be using you as my guide.

13Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/10/2012, 8:12 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

2seaoat wrote:I pray for a miracle

I always appreciate prayer, but you have to understand....well it is no big deal....I am a very very lucky man.......we will all die....not one of us knows exactly that day, but few of us are blessed to have the wisdom that comes with illness and having quality time to enjoy what rarely was enjoyed as I rushed through living....never understanding that everything comes to an end. We saw the PNJ forum end.....this forum will end some day....maybe the PNJ will come back, but life is dynamic, and as we strive for certainty and fight for the same, but the beauty of acceptance is a wonderful gift, where you simply enjoy every moment. So do not worry about me, I am having fun playing in the sandbox....I still am working.....I think we are going to get the grandkids for a long weekend as my daughter has a wedding in Ohio, so we may get them for four days yippppeeee. My granddaughter likes getting clam shells with the low river, and we will walk the river as the leaves change, and I will create memories which when she is old and gray she will think about the time we spent......it does not get any better, and if nothing else, I hope I can convey how precious each day is and to not take anything for granted....and that includes politics.

I don't think I ever mentioned how glad I was when you came to this forum, SeaOat. Considering how often I ragged you about it on the PNJ, I'm sure you knew that, though.

Your musings have been a gift to all of us. As a two-time cancer survivor myself, your writings have been a major gift to me. Thank you.

14Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/10/2012, 8:43 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I know it's blasphemy to say this but there really are more important things in life than which politician will be the president.
Neither Barack Obama or Mitt Romney knows when any of us here are sick or when we're happy or when we're sad or anything else going on in our lives. The truth is those people are just images on our television screens and they don't have screens in their houses showing us.

15Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/10/2012, 9:11 am

Bob wrote:I know it's blasphemy to say this but there really are more important things in life than which politician will be the president.
Neither Barack Obama or Mitt Romney knows when any of us here are sick or when we're happy or when we're sad or anything else going on in our lives. The truth is those people are just images on our television screens and they don't have screens in their houses showing us.

[b]I am a pretty simple person. Almost all my mistakes were caused by myself. I can not ever remember thinking about politicians or the President when I quit a good job, or got drunk and spent too much money. I almost know for a fact that I did not consider what the President view on Cuba was at 2:00 am at Genes lounge. But that is just me. Time to ride. Everyone have a great day. The weather is perfect. Check it out [/b]

16Hey Mr Oats........ Empty Re: Hey Mr Oats........ 10/10/2012, 9:44 am

Yeah, what they all said... Ditto!

I would like to see pictures of that haven that you talk about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum