Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Only Fury and Sorrow Can Thwart This Bloodbath

+3
Deus X
bigdog
Telstar
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:How do you propose to fix the vast majority of our gun violence in inner cities committed by felons?

Add heavily armed law enforcement presence, and make drugs legal. Allmost all the murders you are referring to deal with heavily guarded drug sale terrain.  We need to start treating addicts as people who need medical help and treatment, not criminals.  Take the money away from the illegal drug trade, and you simultaneously remove the motive of gangsters to protect terrain.  We all note, by the way, your total inability to suggest a remedy for anything you like to whine about.  

Ah... the police state. But I agree with the concept that police should protect the peace... that means going to the root of the problem. Fix it and withdraw. I also agree with drug legalization. Some people are going to ruin their lives... they should be free to do that. Bad ideas fail. Freedom has inherent risks... it always has. We need to accept that as a society and preserve our inalienable rights to pursue happiness and opportunity.

Am I mistaken, or did you and I agree on this? There's hope for America yet!  LOL

Now if we can just reject the two party bs and start electing representatives that truly represent us.

cheers

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:  Fuck you and your team.  [/b]

Btw... you are spun up by a sensational fraction of any real discussion on gun violence.

Obviously, the gun control regulations we have are not working.  Removing all guns from the public does work -- Japan had 1 death from gunfire last year and has the most restrictive gun laws of any modern nation.

Results are what matters, and Japan and Australia show better results than we do in this regard.  

My solution to our current problems is to make possession of any firearms magazine with a capacity greater than 5 rounds illegal by federal statute with a 10-yr minimum sentence.

You like to make everything partisan -- so what's your answer to bump-stocks?  Tell us how you and your frightened 2nd Amendment friends propose to cut down the mass shootings we've been experiencing.  We're all ears.  Make no mistake, there are far more citizens who want all guns confiscated than there are those who insist on 2nd amendment rights.

At the moment, 63% of republicans want bump stocks banned.  And I imagine the same bunch would okay 5-round magazines.

As a nation, we can no longer afford gun rights that allow nuts to acquire and possess guns that are designed for mass slaughter.  Why should we?

We could start by taking guns from liberals as they seem to make up the majority of shooters.

PkrBum

PkrBum

This was the funniest part: "Obviously, the gun control regulations we have are not working".

It must be a mystery... lol.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Here's a new reality you gun nut advocates should take seriously: First, increased gun controls -- starting with an outright ban on bump-stocks and high capacity magazines -- is already supported by the majority of voting Americans. The other side -- your side -- led by the NRA (whose only reason for existence is to serve the firearms industry as its principal lobbyist) need to understand that the more resistance you put up now to reasonable and desirable gun regulation, the more the majority of us will push harder for more radical gun legislation -- with the ultimate objective being one of complete and total gun confiscation.

This is a fight you can't win. We're already at a point where politicians who boast about their NRA ties are threatening their popularity with their constituents.

And consider this: sure as hell some other gun nut is going to go for the record of number of innocents killed in a mass shooting.

Reality.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:-- with the ultimate objective being one of complete and total gun confiscation.

This is why gun owners in general and the nra specifically won't give an inch... just like the leftists on the abortion issue.

Deus X

Deus X

Wordslinger wrote:Here's a new reality you gun nut advocates should take seriously: First, increased gun controls -- starting with an outright ban on bump-stocks and high capacity magazines -- is already supported by the majority of voting Americans.  The other side -- your side -- led by the NRA (whose only reason for existence is to serve the firearms industry as its principal lobbyist) need to understand that the more resistance you put up now to reasonable and desirable gun regulation, the more the majority of us will push harder for more radical gun legislation -- with the ultimate objective being one of complete and total gun confiscation.

This is a fight you can't win.  We're already at a point where politicians who boast about their NRA ties are threatening their popularity with their constituents.  

And consider this: sure as hell some other gun nut is going to go for the record of number of innocents killed in a mass shooting.

Reality.

You got to get your mind right, Wordslinger. Just think how much safer we are with a bunch of cowboy wannabees walking around with concealed weapons. Why, just the other day, this happened:

Father soothing his crying son accidentally kills himself trying to catch falling gun

A Pennsylvania father has died after accidentally shooting himself in the stomach with his gun.

Berwick police said 28-year-old Kenneth Morris was reaching through the driver’s side door of his car to console his infant son when his gun fell out of his shoulder holster, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Authorities said Morris tried to grab his .357 magnum when he accidentally hit the trigger, firing a single bullet into his stomach. Police said the incident, caught on surveillance camera, happened Tuesday in the driveway of Morris’ home.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dad-soothing-crying-son-accidentally-kills-gun-article-1.3543598

With any luck, these dumb fucks will rub each other out and solve the problem.

Remember this: Carrying a concealed weapon is the ultimate act of fearful cowardice.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wordslinger wrote:Here's a new reality you gun nut advocates should take seriously: First, increased gun controls -- starting with an outright ban on bump-stocks and high capacity magazines -- is already supported by the majority of voting Americans.  The other side -- your side -- led by the NRA (whose only reason for existence is to serve the firearms industry as its principal lobbyist) need to understand that the more resistance you put up now to reasonable and desirable gun regulation, the more the majority of us will push harder for more radical gun legislation -- with the ultimate objective being one of complete and total gun confiscation.

This is a fight you can't win.  We're already at a point where politicians who boast about their NRA ties are threatening their popularity with their constituents.  

Reality.

You are speaking for yourself here. I am opposed to the confiscation of all guns. In fact, I find the idea ridiculous. All I want is meaningful background checks and an outright ban on the types of weapons like the ones used (most recently) in Nevada.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:

Reality.

You are speaking for yourself here.  I am opposed to the confiscation of all guns.  In fact, I find the idea ridiculous.  All I want is meaningful background checks and an outright ban on the types of weapons like the ones used (most recently) in Nevada.

I'm with you on your final statement. Re-read my comment. My point is simple: if the republicans bow to the NRA and fight hard to keep bumpstocks and high capacity magazines legal, their opponents will keep pressing and the logical conclusion of their opposition would be a demand for total gun confiscation. If the NRA is smart, they give on devices that will convert a semi-automatic rifle to a machine-gun, and they'll also show a white flag on the high capacity magazine issue.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Bump stocks should already be illegal. The atf and assorted bureaucratic lackeys failed. The qualifier that you must pull the trigger for each round was bypassed. An auto should of course be determined by rate of fire. Besides that... anything below .3 caliber is not even allowed for deer in most states. Most of those guns that are called an "assault weapon" are just scary looking. There's no other feature that distinguishes it from a small game rifle except its looks.

bigdog

The NRA is not smart so they won't give on anything. Nobody in the White House or even in Congress that I know of has ever called for confiscation of guns in this country.

Us crazy liberals have not even asked for that. I have a gun and I'm not giving it to anybody.
All we want is a ban on weapons of the type used in Las Vegas and on the size of clips. I believe armor piercing bullets are already banned, but if not, they should be too. The NRA wants NO Ban on anything.
There's not a reason in the world that an honest hunter or homeowner should be deprived of a gun, nor any reason they should object to a background check and registration.
You can't drive a motor vehicle without a registration, so saying registering something deprives you of your right to private property is ridiculous. Motor vehicles kill people and so do guns. Okay, guns don't kill people, people kill people with guns. Guess What? Cars don't kill people either, people kill people with cars. So they have to register them and know how to use them.
No one but criminals or drivers who plan to drive drunk should object.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum