Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hapless Smear Campaign Against Jim Comey

+2
Telstar
knothead
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

knothead

knothead

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/13/james-comey-smear-campaign-215601

The White House is making legal arguments about the former FBI director that barely pass the laugh test.

Telstar

Telstar

knothead wrote:http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/13/james-comey-smear-campaign-215601

The White House is making legal arguments about the former FBI director that barely pass the laugh test.

"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up." Monty Python

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I was upset with Comey after he supposedly "reopened" the case against Hillary Clinton...only he DIDN'T! It was Jason Chaffez (R-suddenly retired) who told the press that it was a new investigation. That was a lie. Put in context, Comey is just another casualty of Drumpf's vicious, vengeful temper...he's guilty as sin and doesn't want the truth to come out.

bigdog

I'd like to see a link to that if you have one. I also blame Comey for handing the presidency to Donald Drumpf (his real name.) I was pretty sure it was Comey that said there was a new investigation.

Floridatexan wrote:
I was upset with Comey after he supposedly "reopened" the case against Hillary Clinton...only he DIDN'T!  It was Jason Chaffez (R-suddenly retired) who told the press that it was a new investigation.  That was a lie.  Put in context, Comey is just another casualty of Drumpf's vicious, vengeful temper...he's guilty as sin and doesn't want the truth to come out.  

Trump wasn't POTUS last October when confused boy reopened it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:I'd like to see a link to that if you have one. I also blame Comey for handing the presidency to Donald Drumpf (his real name.) I was pretty sure it was Comey that said there was a new investigation.

Here's a long and very involved account.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/us/politics/james-comey-election.html?_r=0

Here's the relevant passage:

"...So the debate ended at the staff level, with the Justice Department imploring the F.B.I. to follow protocol and stay out of the campaign’s final days. Ms. Lynch never called Mr. Comey herself.

The next morning, Friday, Oct. 28, Mr. Comey wrote to Congress, “In connection with an unrelated case, the F.B.I. has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation.”

His letter became public within minutes. Representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah, a Republican and a leading antagonist of Mrs. Clinton’s, jubilantly announced on Twitter, “Case reopened.”..."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ALTLEFTCRIMINALS wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I was upset with Comey after he supposedly "reopened" the case against Hillary Clinton...only he DIDN'T!  It was Jason Chaffez (R-suddenly retired) who told the press that it was a new investigation.  That was a lie.  Put in context, Comey is just another casualty of Drumpf's vicious, vengeful temper...he's guilty as sin and doesn't want the truth to come out.  

No one said he was...that's exactly the point...the "new" revelations swayed the election in his favor. Please try to keep up.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yet no blame for Hillary. How special.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/31/fbi-comey-clinton-email-242213

Former FBI Director James Comey began drafting a statement rejecting the idea of criminal charges against Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton over her private email account about two months or more before Clinton was interviewed in the FBI probe, according to partial transcripts of interviews released Thursday by two Republican senators.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and Sen. Lindsey Graham said they obtained the transcripts from the Office of Special Counsel, a government watchdog agency that launched an investigation into whether Comey's actions violated a federal law against government employees engaging in political activity while on duty.

In a letter sent Wednesday to Comey's successor, FBI Director Christopher Wray, Grassley and Graham said Comey's move to start preparing the statement sometime in April or early May reflected a premature conclusion that Clinton shouldn't be charged.

"Conclusion first, fact-gathering second—that’s no way to run an investigation. The FBI should be held to a higher standard than that, especially in a matter of such great public interest and controversy," Grassley and Graham wrote as they demanded all FBI records of the drafts Comey prepared as well as other materials related to the OSC probe.

Also see newly recovered emails that reveal pay to play via Clinton slushfund foundation.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...began drafting..." Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Comment from the article:

Conventional wisdom says that when you discover you’re riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, the GOP often tries other strategies with dead horses such as declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat," buying a stronger whip, changing riders, appointing a committee to study the horse, and harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.

Floridatexan wrote:
ALTLEFTCRIMINALS wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

No one said he was...that's exactly the point...the "new" revelations swayed the election in his favor.  Please try to keep up.

I don't think comey wanted to end up dead from suicide errrr Clinton.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Who "begins drafting" a document absolving in the middle of an investigation? It makes no sense.

Unless the outcome was already determined. Obama even spoke to it. The fix was in.

Without Hillary's criminal actions... there was no Comey.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Who "begins drafting" a document absolving in the middle of an investigation? It makes no sense.

Unless the outcome was already determined. Obama even spoke to it. The fix was in.

You are full of crap. You can't wish facts into existence to fit your own skewed partisan narrative.

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:You are full of crap.  You can't wish facts into existence to fit your own skewed partisan narrative.

Note the source. Let him try to find that on any kind of legitimate source. I'm surprised he didn't post a vid from virped.org.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
"...began drafting..."  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Comment from the article:

Conventional wisdom says that when you discover you’re riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, the GOP often tries other strategies with dead horses such as declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat," buying a stronger whip, changing riders, appointing a committee to study the horse, and harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.

The right enjoys many positions with small children and members of the animal kingdom.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Who "begins drafting" a document absolving in the middle of an investigation? It makes no sense.

You are full of crap.  You can't wish facts into existence to fit your own skewed partisan narrative.

What did I "wish into existence"?

bigdog

Thank you for that link. I didn't know it wasn't Comey who leaked that to the press. Now I don't feel bad about liking him for standing up to Drumpf.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum