Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Take down the Robert Byrd statues now

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=214134

President Trump had it right when, during his press conference on infrastructure he addressed the nonstop questions on Charlottesville, he asked if those obsessed with fears of white nationalism if they would also remove statues and monuments to George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, both slaveowners, in addition to the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

Trump’s critics responded that while Washington and Jefferson were slave owners, they did not go to war to defend slavery. True enough, but also true is the fact that white nationalism had its roots in the Democratic post-Civil War south and that the KKK was founded by Democrats to suppress blacks liberated by the Republican administration of President Abraham Lincoln.

The alt-left movement, which shares the blame along with arguably racist groups such as Black Lives Matter and Antifa, hate America so much that they want to erase all vestiges of American history and throw them down an Orwellian memory hole to be supplanted by alt-left politically correct ideology.
Notice that no one has demanded that statues of former senator and KKK icon Robert Byrd be removed, statues honoring the hard-core former white nationalist whom Hillary Clinton once called her friend and mentor, including one prominently displayed in the West Virginia state capitol:

(more in article)

2seaoat

Nice try to change the subject. It is not about statues. That is a local community issue. It is about hate. It is about Nazis and the KKK. Carry on with the false equivalency and diversion, but please do not address the hate in this country.

2seaoat wrote:Nice try to change the subject.  It is not about statues.  That is a local community issue.   It is about hate.  It is about Nazis and the KKK.  Carry on with the false equivalency and diversion, but please do not address the hate in this country.

Is that the same logic why Pensacola is now taking down or could possibly take down the Robert E. Lee statue? Hypocrite. You are an idiot. You're an example of the stupidity of the left.

With the tearing down of confederate statues, removal of confederate flags, and the destruction of anything from America’s past that is controversial or downright deplorable, one statue has managed to escape scrutiny from protesters.

It involves a U.S. Senator from West Virginia. A prominent, highly successful member of the Democrat party. And a mentor to the woman who almost became President of the United States.

He also happens to be a former card-carrying member of the KKK. In fact, he created his own chapter along with 150 of his friends and colleagues.

Where is the outrage and destruction of this statue?

That is former Senator Robert Byrd who was once elected a top officer – the Exalted Cyclops, whatever the hell that is – in the local Klan unit in the early 1940s.

He is a man who once vowed never to fight in the military along with “race mongrels” or “with a negro by my side.”

After his passing, Hillary Clinton eulogized Byrd in a 2010 video in which she called him “my friend and mentor.”

2seaoat

I get it. Hillary served in the Senate with Byrd. Ok, you have my permission to take down his statue. Good, now lets talk about the symbols of the Civil War. They represent White supremacy on public property. They represent history in a museum or private property. Anything on your diversion do you need to know? Oh and those whitey tighties that the myth makers of white supremacy made for General Lee are chit stained with the murders of black union soldiers. One simple command from General Lee would stop these terrorist from murdering surrendering black soldiers......it never came. In the post war world trials of Nazis, this conduct would have got General Lee executed, but for the sake of ending the horror that these terrorist brought to this country, he was spared. There were plenty of folks who knew the truth.....he allowed cold bloodied murder of surrendering black soldiers and there were even threats to hang white commanders, who also were shot......so this was not a spontaneous event, but a policy which was implemented for the purpose to subjugate the black man, just like the statues which were erected almost fifty years after the war and in the midst the attacks on Jim Crow.....General Sherman said it best....war is hell.

2seaoat

Please do not try to disconnect the American terrorists from the Nazis.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/11-unsung-wwii-black-g-s-slayed-nazis-posthumous-honors-article-1.2958270

Robert E. Lee was simply a good man who did horrible things in the name of an evil institution. He can be honored in history, but he should not be honored on the public property when American Citizens were the target of his brutality and murder.

2seaoat wrote:Nice try to change the subject.  It is not about statues.  That is a local community issue.   It is about hate.  It is about Nazis and the KKK.  Carry on with the false equivalency and diversion, but please do not address the hate in this country.

Uh, Robert Byrd was a KKK member. A Grand Dragon that recruited others into a hate group. Just like most lefties, you are a hypocrite. You can't even tell up from down or right from wrong.

If Robert E Lee and other statues have to come down due to being hate filled, so does the statue of a man who was a KKK leader. You can't even fathom how much of a two faced idiot you are being by defending Byrd.

2seaoat

I have no problem if local people think that what Senator Byrd stood for what was evil, but last time I checked he never took up arms against the United States. The terrorist Lee killed Americans, and looted American towns, and never stopped the massacre of Black union soldiers who surrendered. The sanitized myth about this man is incredible. A simple order to stop killing black soldiers and it would never have required President Lincoln to sign an order which was basically an eye for an eye. If you want to study American history go to a Museum or private property, but do not put symbols of white supremacy in the public square.

Sorry, you don't get to have your own false equivalent here. If RE LEE and others represent hate and such then so does Byrd who participated and recruited others for the said hate group. Remember, when you point a finger, three more are pointing back at you. You can't spin this. You either take down the KKK Byrd statues or leave them all alone. Like much of the left, you cannot defend this, but will be a hypocrite and point elsewhere. Now you spin Lee as a traitor, but the argument for taking his statue down in NC was that he represented an oppressive regime that dealt in slavery. That same institution of the KKK was created by former slave owners and such. So if Lee represents hate towards African Americans, so does Byrd, as he was a Grand Dragon.

2seaoat wrote:I have no problem if local people think that what Senator Byrd stood for what was evil, but last time I checked he never took up arms against the United States.  The terrorist Lee killed Americans, and looted American towns, and never stopped the massacre of Black union soldiers who surrendered.  The sanitized myth about this man is incredible.  A simple order to stop killing black soldiers and it would never have required President Lincoln to sign an order which was basically an eye for an eye.  If you want to study American history go to a Museum or private property, but do not put symbols of white supremacy in the public square.

The fact is this, the Civil War killed more people in said conflict than all other wars America has fought in its history. The death tolls were tremendous due to the tech advances in weaponry that outpaced medicine of the time period. Minie balls were horrible, crippling devices that devastated the victims they tore through and if that didn't kill you, disease and sickness had a better chance of doing so. Didn't you say "war was hell?" Well, DUH! There was no law of armed conflict then, no Geneva Convention, and atrocities were bad on both sides. Sherman's march across Georgia to the Atlantic devastated a civilian population that wasn't even a threat to the advancing Union armies. That operation created famine and tragedy to far more people than just black Union soldiers who were shot after trying to surrender. Again, you point fingers not realizing that fingers point back in your blame game that you are participating in.

The funniest thing though is that your side of the political spectrum is so spun up that they defaced a Lincoln statue in Illinois. Really? Are liberals so dumb that they don't know their own history? Yes, I think so.

2seaoat

Sorry, you do not make the rules on statue removal. The local folks do. No problem from me if they decide to take down a known KKK member.

However, being an apologist for the terrorist attacking America and killing our soldiers because of the color of their skin when they surrendered was a military chain of command issue. The buck stopped on Lee's desk. He was a traitor and murderer of men who were surrendering. No terrorist statues on public property is fine with me. White supremacy does not get extracted by itself. Like a rotten tooth, you can waste away the entire body from the infection, or you can extract the tooth. It is time to call the traitors what they were. Terrorist. Our war on domestic and international terrorist does not have a rat's tail of difference.

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, you do not make the rules on statue removal.  The local folks do.  No problem from me if they decide to take down a known KKK member.

However, being an apologist for the terrorist attacking America and killing our soldiers because of the color of their skin when they surrendered was a military chain of command issue.  The buck stopped on Lee's desk.  He was a traitor and murderer of men who were surrendering.  No terrorist statues on public property is fine with me.   White supremacy does not get extracted by itself.  Like a rotten tooth, you can waste away the entire body from the infection, or you can extract the tooth.  It is time to call the traitors what they were.   Terrorist.  Our war on domestic and international terrorist does not have a rat's tail of difference.

You continue to lie. You play the blame game. It's sad you cannot formulate a logical response to an issue and easily get confused when arguing your point. Good luck though.

2seaoat

easily get confused when arguing your point. Good luck though.

Thanks buddy

zsomething

Are there Byrd statues? That'd be pretty silly. If there are, sure, take 'em down, never much liked the guy anyway. He should've gone over to the GOP when the rest of the racist former-Dems went over there. The GOP can have all the racists as far as I'm concerned.

zsomething wrote:Are there Byrd statues?  That'd be pretty silly.  If there are, sure, take 'em down, never much liked the guy anyway.   He should've gone over to the GOP when the rest of the racist former-Dems went over there.  The GOP can have all the racists as far as I'm concerned.  

Yes, there are Byrd statues.

Telstar

Telstar

ALTLEFTCRIMINALS wrote:
zsomething wrote:Are there Byrd statues?  That'd be pretty silly.  If there are, sure, take 'em down, never much liked the guy anyway.   He should've gone over to the GOP when the rest of the racist former-Dems went over there.  The GOP can have all the racists as far as I'm concerned.  

Yes, there are Byrd statues.

So start taking them down. Actions speak louder than words. Do it and stop talking about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum