Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump is fast becoming recognized as totally bonkers.

+4
polecat
2seaoat
othershoe1030
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The latest polls show his base (deplorables) have dropped from 39 to 34%. He's lost military support and business support. Several republicans from both houses at congress have spoken out against his Charlottesville responses which equate white supremacy and Nazism with people opposed to discrimination of any sort. Many more congress-people admit in private they no longer countenance his leadership, but are afraid to come out in public and say so.

The truth is, Trump's reign as President is self-destructing. Bad news for Ivanka and Jarrod. Bad news for the republican party. Good news for the rest of us. I'm sure that once he resigns or is tossed out, he'll have offers to come live in a paramilitary compound run by skinheads somewhere in the mountains of Idaho. He'll have to bring his own gold toilet seat.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:The latest polls show his base (deplorables) have dropped from 39 to 34%.  He's lost military support and business support.  Several republicans from both houses at congress have spoken out against his Charlottesville responses which   equate white supremacy and Nazism with people opposed to discrimination of any sort.  Many more congress-people admit in private they no longer countenance his leadership, but are afraid to come out in public and say so.

The truth is, Trump's reign as President is self-destructing.  Bad news for Ivanka and Jarrod.  Bad news for the republican party.  Good news for the rest of us.  I'm sure that once he resigns or is tossed out, he'll have offers to come live in a paramilitary compound run by skinheads somewhere in the mountains of Idaho.  He'll have to bring his own gold toilet seat.  

Unfortunately the approval ratings among Republicans are much higher than you cited according to Newsweek. I truly wish that every single person who voted for this lunatic regretted their vote but they are a devout group. The approval ratings in the 30's are for people in general. Unbelievable as it is the Republican voters still support him.

On July 15, the billionaire had a 79.9 percent approval rating from GOP members, with 17.3 percent disapproving and 2.7 percent registering mixed feelings. But over the next nine days, Republican support dropped by 6 points to 73.9 percent approving, those who had mixed feelings now disapproved, and the disapproval rating rose to 23 percent.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-ratings-republicans-642824

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The latest polls show his base (deplorables) have dropped from 39 to 34%.  He's lost military support and business support.  Several republicans from both houses at congress have spoken out against his Charlottesville responses which   equate white supremacy and Nazism with people opposed to discrimination of any sort.  Many more congress-people admit in private they no longer countenance his leadership, but are afraid to come out in public and say so.

The truth is, Trump's reign as President is self-destructing.  Bad news for Ivanka and Jarrod.  Bad news for the republican party.  Good news for the rest of us.  I'm sure that once he resigns or is tossed out, he'll have offers to come live in a paramilitary compound run by skinheads somewhere in the mountains of Idaho.  He'll have to bring his own gold toilet seat.  

Unfortunately the approval ratings among Republicans are much higher than you cited according to Newsweek. I truly wish that every single person who voted for this lunatic regretted their vote but they are a devout group. The approval ratings in the 30's are for people in general. Unbelievable as it is the Republican voters still support him.

On July 15, the billionaire had a 79.9 percent approval rating from GOP members, with 17.3 percent disapproving and 2.7 percent registering mixed feelings. But over the next nine days, Republican support dropped by 6 points to 73.9 percent approving, those who had mixed feelings now disapproved, and the disapproval rating rose to 23 percent.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-ratings-republicans-

The 34% approval rating was announced this a.m. by Joe Scarborough. Here's another poll with credibility: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/346754-poll-trump-hits-job-approval-low-at-35-percent

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-ratings-republicans-

The 34% approval rating was announced this a.m. by Joe Scarborough.  Here's another poll with credibility: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/346754-poll-trump-hits-job-approval-low-at-35-percent

As much as I wish it were so his support among those who identify as strongly Republican is still in the upper 70's, not 34%.

The poll notes that while he remains popular with his key base supporters, Americans who identify as strong Republicans have a less positive view of his job performance rating, with 91 percent approving of his performance in June, compared with 79 percent who approved in the new poll.

2seaoat

I still cannot believe these numbers are still as high as they are. My wife has a bunco party tonight, but they are doing a pool party around three this afternoon. She has been ridiculed when she spoke about how dangerous President Trump was before the election. She was totally attacked for her criticism of President Trump. However, last month at the last game, my wife noticed nobody wanted to talk about politics or Trump. They kept arguing that the country needed a successful business person in the White House, and tonight she is going to bring the subject up because she is piszed about the apologist for this man and the damage he is doing to this country. The very fact that he has anybody in America who are approving of this man is proof of how desperate our situation is as a country.

polecat

polecat

It's hard to understand especially after a seven-month long shitstorm but everybody I know that voted for him still backs him. I think Spite and Saving Face is what's pushing them now.
trump is a expert con man, 1 of the best the world has ever seen.

Mark Twain got it.  "It is easier to fool a man than to convince him he's been fooled."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/robert-reich-house-republicans-are-convinced-trump-out-his-gourd?akid=15930.129638.tRKVsK&rd=1&src=newsletter1080444&t=6

Robert Reich: House Republicans Are Convinced Trump Is out of His Gourd

"He’s losing it fast. My bet is he’s out of office before the midterms."

2seaoat

I have argued that date for a year, but I thought he would get bored with actually having to work. I certainly did not see the degree of mental illness. So who knows, the 25th amendment might be the only answer.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Now it's midterms? Lol... so much for Sept? Dec? Jan?

You people are impressive in your conditioning.

PkrBum wrote:Now it's midterms? Lol... so much for Sept? Dec? Jan?

And you're ignorance needs to be commended.

PkrBum

PkrBum

panhandler wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Now it's midterms? Lol... so much for Sept? Dec? Jan?

And you're ignorance needs to be commended.

Who will be ignorant if/when he serves the entire term? We may as well clarify the delusion.

2seaoat

Here is the line. PK thinks President Trump will serve his full term. Others think he will not serve his full term. My bet was always that he would get bored before the midterm elections. I never anticipated that Senators like Corker would out loud say he doubted the President was competent. Place your bet.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Desperate liberals trying to create more fake news. Pretty sad group of people.

Remember, when a liberal clubs you with a bat, it is with love in their heart.

2seaoat

Pretty sad group of people.

Compared to Nazis?

zsomething

It's gotten so bad now that Republicans are being forced to admit the obvious.

Bob Corker admits Trump isn't stable or competent.

I'm sure Trump will blast him on Twitter next.

Remember when the country was centered on things besides catering to the fragile ego of a crazy, insecure old man? Those were good times...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum