Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S.S. FORD

+3
RealLindaL
del.capslock
Telstar
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1U.S.S. FORD Empty U.S.S. FORD 7/22/2017, 5:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Did anyone see fake 45's U.S.S Ford blabfest today? I wonder when the USS Ford will pardon the USS Nixon. After that the USS Ford will tell New York to drop dead. Seriously it was fun to listen to fake 45 going on about Ford because I was reminded of SNL and Chevy Chase hammering Ford every week by depicting him as a clueless idiot who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. Of course Ford took the abuse like a real man and didn't cry about SNL being so unfair and mean like the spineless 1% clown who now inhabits our White House does. Ford's press secretary Ron Nissen even hosted the show and Ford himself taped the opening "Live from New York it's Saturday Night." You will not see president clown do that because he doesn't have the guts.

2U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/22/2017, 7:22 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Wow, Telstar, you ignorant slut, you must be really old to remember that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

3U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 2:13 am

RealLindaL

Didn't see it and now guess I'm really glad I didn't. Ugh.

4U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 5:15 am

del.capslock

del.capslock

RealLindaL wrote:Didn't see it and now guess I'm really glad I didn't.   Ugh.

That says more about you than it does about the show. It was brilliant social and political satire that picked up where The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and Laugh-in left off.

5U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 1:16 pm

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:

That says more about you than it does about the show.

So what?? Just about every post of yours says more about you than the subject at hand.

6U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 1:27 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

RealLindaL wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

That says more about you than it does about the show.

So what??  Just about every post of yours says more about you than the subject at hand.  

Oooh, so touchy! You must be insecure to be so defensive--just like Trump.

7U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 4:13 pm

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:Wow, Telstar, you ignorant slut, you must be really old to remember that.

............................................nevermind..................... Laughing

8U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 4:20 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Fake 45 is funnier than SNL. He reminds me of one of those pro rasslin' managers. Wouldn't be surprised if he snuck up behind Jeff Sessions and smashed a chair over his head. You just know his people would back him up.

9U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 5:47 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:

Fake 45 is funnier than SNL. He reminds me of one of those pro rasslin' managers. Wouldn't be surprised if he snuck up behind Jeff Sessions and smashed a chair over his head. You just know his people would back him up.

You just know they would is right. And HE just knows they would -- has known ever since his campaign when he stated he could go out and shoot someone in Times Square and it wouldn't make a diff to his supporters - remember?

10U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 6:09 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:

You just know they would is right.  And HE just knows they would --  has known ever since his campaign when he stated he could go out and shoot someone in Times Square and it wouldn't make a diff to his supporters - remember?

Yup that's how tyrants like him get started. Sooner or later they all end up like Mussolini.

11U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/23/2017, 10:12 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

45 was too much of a girly man to even show up at the White House Correspondence's Dinner!!

12U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 2:15 pm

Turning the emphasis back to the ship and its commissioning as the USS Gerald R. Ford - the ceremony was excellent and gave tribute to President Ford and his service in the Navy during WWII. Truly an honor given to a worthy man.

13U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 5:30 pm

Telstar

Telstar

SheWrites wrote:Turning the emphasis back to the ship and its commissioning as the USS Gerald R. Ford - the ceremony was excellent and gave tribute to President Ford and his service in the Navy during WWII.  Truly an honor given to a worthy man.  

Yes but too bad it was presided over by a totally unworthy man.

14U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 5:44 pm

Telstar wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Turning the emphasis back to the ship and its commissioning as the USS Gerald R. Ford - the ceremony was excellent and gave tribute to President Ford and his service in the Navy during WWII.  Truly an honor given to a worthy man.  

The commissioning comes from the President of the United States of America to to a worthy vessel named for a worthy man. The President's worth is not the point. He is simply fulfilling a duty of office.

15U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 5:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
Telstar wrote:

The commissioning comes from the President of the United States of America to to a worthy vessel named for a worthy man.  The President's worth is not the point.  He is simply fulfilling a duty of office.  

Well stated.

16U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 6:08 pm

2seaoat

The problem is that we have too many vessels, and fewer and fewer worthy folks to name them after.

17U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 8:06 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What is honorable about pardoning Tricky Dick Nixon one month after taking office?

18U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 8:36 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Your ignorance is, unsurprisingly, unbounded.  Let me acquaint you with some indisputable facts.

The U.S. has 14 Ohio-class nuke powered Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines also know as Supercarriers. No other navy has more than two.

Here's a little tidbit from a January, 2017 article about the subject.

If you do the math, the Ohio-class boats may be the most destructive weapon system created by humankind. Each of the 170-meter-long vessels can carry twenty-four Trident II submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) which can be fired from underwater to strike at targets more than seven thousand miles away depending on the load.

As a Trident II reenters the atmosphere at speeds of up to Mach 24, it splits into up to eight independent reentry vehicles, each with a 100- or 475-kiloton nuclear warhead. In short, a full salvo from an Ohio-class submarine—which can be launched in less than one minute—could unleash up to 192 nuclear warheads to wipe twenty-four cities off the map. This is a nightmarish weapon of the apocalypse.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-russia-china-fear-americas-ohio-class-submarines-19120

There's also this from an earlier article in the same source:

The U.S. Navy has 288 battle force ships, of which typically a third are underway at any given time. The U.S. Navy has 10 aircraft carriers, nine amphibious assault ships, 22 cruisers, 62 destroyers, 17 frigates and 72 submarines. In addition to ships, the U.S. Navy has 3,700 aircraft, making it the second largest air force in the world. At 323,000 active and 109,000 personnel, it is also the largest navy in terms of manpower.
http://nationalinterest.org/feature/the-five-most-powerful-navies-the-planet-10610

Do a little research, why don't you, before you start spouting off.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you reactionary dolts don't like to read, you just take any bullshit fed to you as gospel.

19U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 9:14 pm

Telstar

Telstar

SheWrites wrote:
Telstar wrote:

The commissioning comes from the President of the United States of America to to a worthy vessel named for a worthy man.  The President's worth is not the point.  He is simply fulfilling a duty of office.  

The only vessel worthy of fake 45s name is the one found in the average American bathroom, full of crap and needing to be flushed.

20U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/24/2017, 9:26 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

del.capslock wrote:

Your ignorance is, unsurprisingly, unbounded.  Let me acquaint you with some indisputable facts.

The U.S. has 14 Ohio-class nuke powered Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines also know as Supercarriers. No other navy has more than two.

Here's a little tidbit from a January, 2017 article about the subject.

If you do the math, the Ohio-class boats may be the most destructive weapon system created by humankind. Each of the 170-meter-long vessels can carry twenty-four Trident II submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) which can be fired from underwater to strike at targets more than seven thousand miles away depending on the load.

As a Trident II reenters the atmosphere at speeds of up to Mach 24, it splits into up to eight independent reentry vehicles, each with a 100- or 475-kiloton nuclear warhead. In short, a full salvo from an Ohio-class submarine—which can be launched in less than one minute—could unleash up to 192 nuclear warheads to wipe twenty-four cities off the map. This is a nightmarish weapon of the apocalypse.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-russia-china-fear-americas-ohio-class-submarines-19120

There's also this from an earlier article in the same source:

The U.S. Navy has 288 battle force ships, of which typically a third are underway at any given time. The U.S. Navy has 10 aircraft carriers, nine amphibious assault ships, 22 cruisers, 62 destroyers, 17 frigates and 72 submarines. In addition to ships, the U.S. Navy has 3,700 aircraft, making it the second largest air force in the world. At 323,000 active and 109,000 personnel, it is also the largest navy in terms of manpower.
http://nationalinterest.org/feature/the-five-most-powerful-navies-the-planet-10610

Do a little research, why don't you, before you start spouting off.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you reactionary dolts don't like to read, you just take any bullshit fed to you as gospel.

The sentences in bold above is wrong.

They should read "The U.S. has 14 Ohio-class nuke powered Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines and 10 Supercarriers. No other navy has more than two nuke carriers"

Bad editing, sorry.

21U.S.S. FORD Empty Re: U.S.S. FORD 7/25/2017, 9:14 am

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
What is honorable about pardoning Tricky Dick Nixon one month after taking office?

I think he's still the only Potus to appear on SNL while in office.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum